Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

@FBITampa

UPDATE: Items of interest were located at the Carlton Reserve this morning in connection with the search for Brian Laundrie. An #FBI Evidence Response team is processing the scene. The reserve is closed to the public and no further details are available at this time.
    @FBIDenver

2. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

I’m finding it weird too. I’m not believing it’s him until we get confirmation. It’s probably him but I’m holding out until it’s certain. MOO

3. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

Very good questions! I'm puzzled too. He was found so close to the parking lot. No one expected that! (IF it is him, that it).

4. SaucyWalker

SaucyWalker Well-Known Member

Well, if he'd shot himself, which may have been the case if this is actually BL, his body would still be available for animals to dismember.

5. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm speechless. MOO

Marg from Oz and IHAVENOCLUE like this.
  6. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

FBI Tampa

https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1450887332643708935?s=21
    UPDATE: Items of interest were located at the Carlton Reserve this morning in connection with the search for Brian Laundrie. An #FBI Evidence Response team is processing the scene. The reserve is closed to the public and no further details are available at this time. @FBIDenver

7. PitkinGirl

PitkinGirl Active Member

I believed that from the beginning. I think the thought of prison combined with guilt and grief made his life not worth living.

8. tlsmi

tlsmi New Member

Someone mentioned many threads back a theory of B L committing suicide in the water at the reserve. He weights a backpack down with heavy items submerges himself into the water and using a firearm kills himself. Body sinks. Gators come. MOO

9. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

Why did they tag FBI Denver?

Marg from Oz and TexLil like this.
  10. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

No no charges, especially if the FBI finds that BL was the one and only suspect and there's provable evidence that he was the killer of Gabby. Can't charge a dead person if this indeed BL at the Reserve.

11. PoppyBear

PoppyBear Well-Known Member

Where has it been reported that it is partial human remains? Thanks.

12. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Or did someone else find him and kill him?
    If they had cadaver dogs searching during the previous searches, they can easily pick up the scent underwater. There was a case close to me where a cadaver dog found a body part that was submerged in a deep lake. So he might not have been there. Remains can be dumped. IMO.

Marg from Oz, gliving and PatLaurel like this.
  13. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

14. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

In my opinion his parents have always known exactly where to look for him. Interesting, isn’t it, that they didn’t find him when ChLwas with the authorities recently?

15. HawthorneJuniper

HawthorneJuniper Well-Known Member

I’m with you! Without a body that’s proven to be his I wouldn’t ever presume him dead as it looked equally like an intentional plant to have the Mustang there so eventually LE would presume him dead. I have ZERO trust in anything from the Laundries or local LE. One is completely untrustworthy, the other seemingly incompetent. Just IMO as always. There shouldn’t have been an opportunity for a dead suspect here.

16. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

Because they decided to protect themselves and the investigation, and keep their mouths completely shut to everyone per their attorney’s advice. Instead of being human beings and expressing common sense thoughts and responding to Gabby’s family.

Marg from Oz, SuziQ, TRB and 7 others like this.
  17. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

well Gabby's dad was right he was just a coward

18. simplemind

simplemind Well-Known Member

19. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

We don’t know yet what they found. Appears it’s his stuff. That LE was so persistent and went through such miserable conditions searching for him in there makes me believe that they found signs that BL was in there. They just couldn’t not find him.

LE might have found the items in there and had Laundries verify that they were BL’s. Maybe LE will announce how this all went down. For now, we just know bare facts.
    I doubt the Laundries hsve anything in criminal charges because they have been working very much in step with an attorney. That’s why it’s smart to consult with someone who knows the law when you get mixed up in such affairs.
    Civil suits, a whole other story. MOO, Tm they are gonna happen but if SB a good, savvy lawyer, he’ll have managed to minimize damages.

20. TheTruthWillOut

TheTruthWillOut Well-Known Member

Granted, but LE only stopped the search ~36 hours? ago and doubt the water went from flooded to receded enough to find "articles" and human remains.

I would've thought in areas underwater a month ago they would be re-searched as they receded? I think JB mentioned on the stream it hadn't rained in the area for 2 weeks so a lot of the water had receded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.