Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Has Brian Laundrie been found?

8 On Your Side reached out to Steve Bertolino, the attorney representing the Laundrie family, about the reported remains. He responded, “no comment.”

2. kebdal23

kebdal23 Well-Known Member

I don’t know what to think. So many unanswered questions. Why would his body be found so close to where his car was found?…LE had to have already searched that area before! JMO
    It’s so hard to believe the day the park opens back up that the Laundries themselves find his bag…just like that?!
    Also…if I knew the whole world was watching my every move, there is no way I would ship something in a box that says “meal kit”. They really don’t care what people think of them that much IMO.
    If this is BL, my condolences for their loss. I wish we had more closure/insight into what happened and what went wrong.
    (There is a 3 year old boy missing from the Milwaukee area. I wish more attention would shift to that soon too.)

3. Fretgyrl

Fretgyrl Active Member

How about testing/checking gun to see if it was fired recently?moo

4. Kroni

Kroni New Member

But they can come out and declare by their investigation that he was the sole perpetrator and killed Gabby. Cayce West Columbia police did that when this guy killed hisself but had abducted and murdered a 5 year old girl.
    They will continue their investigation of Gabby's murder to completion. In South Carolina there was a girl kidnapped and murdered and right after LE's discovery of her body, they found a nearby neighbor that had killed himself on his back deck at his condo. Well they continued to investigate the girl's murder and tied DNA from the murder scene to him as well as his condo. A year later LE finally closed the case and issued an investigative report that it was determined that he was the sole perpetrator of the girl's murder.

5. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

WFLA saying blue tent is just a place holder for tape.

Why were BL’s parents out searching this morning for his body in exact place that backpack was found?

I am just curious. They didn’t seem to want to find him before now.
    None of this makes sense.

Marg from Oz, Alcina, Tutter and 12 others like this.
  6. cottonweaver

cottonweaver Well-Known Member

Thanks for the date memo

I recall that the parents, from the outset told the LE that BL had said he was going to Myakkahatchee Creek ( Various MSM misreported that they'd said he'd gone to Carlton)

7. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Yes, I have to agree.
    If I thought my child might be suicidal or had committed a crime-- I wouldn't help them flee.
    But get them help (in the case of possibly wanting to commit suicide), or turn them in to LE in the case of said child confessing to a crime or not answering simple questions and acting guilty.
    Brian should be alive today, maybe behind bars -- but alive.
    There's no way to go around this.
    This is a sad day for the Schmidt and Petito parents who will most likely never know what happened on Gabby's last day on earth. :(
    They lost their beautiful daughter to murder and the one person who could have answered their questions may have taken his own life.
    Imo.

8. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/FBITampa/status/1450887057052774400/photo/1

[​IMG]

FBI Tampa
    @FBITampa

UPDATE: Items of interest were located at the Carlton Reserve this morning in connection with the search for Brian Laundrie. An #FBI Evidence Response team is processing the scene. The reserve is closed to the public and no further details are available at this time.
    @FBIDenver

2:10 PM

NBC reported remains at 2:32
    Apparent human remains found after Brian Laundrie's possessions located in Florida nature reserve

Marg from Oz, jash, UKUS and 9 others like this.
  9. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

I very much continue to hope that someone else is responsible for Gabby's death. Yes...my hope wears very thin. But I found them both to be very romantic together publicly, and would like the reality portrayed by Gabby to be real, for loads of reasons. MOO.

10. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

Do we know where BL's parents are now? Did they go back to the house or are they still in the park?

11. Mikeysmom

Mikeysmom Active Member

people have been watching Brian's parents so closely does anyone really think they could sneak out evidence and plant it in the park?

12. Sundog

Sundog Well-Known Member

If BL went to the reserve with the goal of committing suicide there, I doubt he would have left a note there. I think he knew that his parents would understand his suicide when they learned the truth about what happened to Gabby.

IHAVENOCLUE, autumnal, faithx and 4 others like this.
  13. Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

This is the only reason I feel that they hid things from LE.
    It's ok if they seemed callous and not tell reply to Gabby's family's request. If their lawyer advised to do so, though it is puke-worthy for me, I understand that why they did it.

But, reporting their own son 5 days after missing is just totally weird, especially considering his mental state at that time. Let's say he convinced his parents that he wasn't at fault, he would have still be "distressed" that his love of his life died/went missing/broke up. Any situation he had cooked up, he would have still not been in his right mind. Which parent will let their child go alone for a hike during this time? Also, when he didn't return, just bring the mustang back home?
    Unless, they had some contact for 5 days and then couldn't contact him. So they reported him missing. This would explain why the police said they knew where he was.

14. formerlyme

formerlyme Well-Known Member

Maybe the pack was attached to part of the body?

15. PeregrineFalcon

PeregrineFalcon Well-Known Member

I wouldn't believe anything he says, "dead" or alive.

Alcina, Warwick7, GDawg89 and 15 others like this.
  16. Purplepixii

Purplepixii Well-Known Member

Amen! I’m struggling to read some of the continuing conspiracy theories when to me it seems that Occam’s Razor has struck, again.

17. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Mobile Lab is my guess.

Quiche, IHAVENOCLUE, UKUS and 11 others like this.
  18. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Lying by omission is lying IMO. IF this turns out to be BL, these parents could have aided in his capture while he was ALIVE. Instead we know from public facing evidence that they withheld his departure for days. MOO IMO

19. Fleur-de-lis

Fleur-de-lis Merrily we scroll along

I enlarged the bag. Notable, IMOO, is the size of objects in bag, the corners indicating a rectangular item (IMO), also the appearance of a cream-colored item inside bag, etc. I have no idea what all it is. Photo taken from the U.S. Sun, credit to the Sun.

Attached Files:

Marg from Oz, jash, Utsarah and 15 others like this.
  20. HawthorneJuniper

HawthorneJuniper Well-Known Member

And perhaps help their son to deal appropriately with the consequences of his actions. Their seeming attempt to shield him from any involvement or consequence may have actually made things worse. If he did feel guilt, an attempt to escape reality may have been unbearable.

I’ve always felt the Laundries & their attorney dealt with this in the worst possible way for all involved. There was no way this was going to disappear. Much better to face reality with competent counsel, cooperate, negotiate a plea using whatever mental defect or mental health issues were involved. But their actions alienated basically the entire country while gaining nothing for their son.

He could have gotten a manslaughter type sentence. Instead he’s likely dead. Is this really what the Laundries wanted? Cause I saw the path they were choosing & many here seem to also think this is normal & the best course of action. I have always fully disagreed with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.