Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know yet what they found. Appears it’s his stuff. That LE was so persistent and went through such miserable conditions searching for him in there makes me believe that they found signs that BL was in there. They just couldn’t not find him.

LE might have found the items in there and had Laundries verify that they were BL’s. Maybe LE will announce how this all went down. For now, we just know bare facts.
I doubt the Laundries hsve anything in criminal charges because they have been working very much in step with an attorney. That’s why it’s smart to consult with someone who knows the law when you get mixed up in such affairs.
Civil suits, a whole other story. MOO, Tm they are gonna happen but if SB a good, savvy lawyer, he’ll have managed to minimize damages.
In other words, they handled, moved, and co-mingled different evidence into a bag before calling in LE...IMO
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them."
Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at Florida park after fugitive's items found

Last edited:
If there is a cadaver dog, it is reasonable to assume they have not found a body. You wouldn't need a dog to identify an obviously dead body, so... no BL body found yet?
u need it to identify remains..and the coroner is on site..prob to definitively determine human remains and remove said remains properly for further examination.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

It’s odd to me that they found his backpack and now his body in an area that was previously underwater.

If it was previously underwater, wouldn't have it been more difficult to find? I think that it would be more odd if everything was found in an area that wasn't under water.

Fugitive Brian Laundrie's parents ship a mysterious box labeled 'meal kit' | Daily Mail Online

This article came out today and describes where his parents went yesterday.
  • Christopher was seen stopping at a FedEx store and carrying a parcel with the words 'meal kit' stamped on it
  • The couple emerged from their home in North Port, Florida, at 7.45am Tuesday and climbed into their red Dodge Ram truck for the trip
  • They made several stops, including at a Walmart, Bank of America and AT&T store
  • Wednesday morning Christopher appeared to snap for the first time when confronted by a protestor outside his home
what? What kind of meal do you send to a dead person?

Well, I think we can say case closed on this one. I feel sympathy for both parents. It's terrible to lose a child.

I agree. I think it's hard for people to realize the parents of criminals mourn their children too. When you are changing a diaper or playing tee ball, you don't think "I hope he grows up to be a murderer." I am sure the L's wish they were planning for a wedding instead of a funeral even suspecting/knowing what their son may have done.

You can mourn the victim and hate what your child did while also mourning both your child and the dreams you had for your child too.

BL has not been accused of Gabby's murder. He has not even been named a Suspect, merely a Person of Interest.

If he is now dead, he is obviously beyond the reach of the court.

What happens to the investigation in such a case?

Who determines if LE has sufficient evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, to prove the guilt of a deceased Person of Interest when there can be no trial? A judge?

something I am wondering. This all of course hinges on my assumption that the partial remains they found are in fact BL. The knapsack was found near the body parts, so if he was dead for any length of time (MOO he has been dead for a long time) wouldn't the animals drag away the body. I am sure they wouldn't be interested in the knapsack and would leave that but take the body. I am no expert in animal behaviour but you would think they would take away the whole body - therefore it wouldn't be near the knapsack.

If it was a dry bag it should have been able to float. Courtesy of a proud owner of a dry bag.

Unless said dry bag has a hole in it (as in picture of the white one found)

I’m wondering if some reporters are assuming the dry bag is a backpack as I have not seen a picture of a backpack. Dry bag =/= backpack

edited-fat texting thumbs

The water has receded, opening more areas, but JB has made multiple comments on the live about the fact that it hasn't been near as rainy in October as it was previously. They've said this particular area was previously under water, but no one has said when the water receded enough to search that particular area. I mean, that is REALLY close to the opening. Is it possible that LE was so focused on searching the entire park/reserve that they only did a cursory search of the area near the parking lot?

From what I can find online the area reopened on 8/19/21. It closed again 8/22/21- I believe for the search.
I can't find a date for the closing. I looked at weather the 13th .25" of rain. The 15th 3pm-6pm 1" of rain, day the Laundries say they found the car but left it incase BL wanted to drive it home.

Editing to add my guess would be the park closed after 6pm 8/15. Had to open for the Laundries to find the car. Also open on the 13th for BL to park it. Then open on the 14th for LEO to ticket it.

Facebook page North Port Parks & Rec that has the 8/19 reopening repost on 8/22 saying it will close again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member