Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the press conf will say the same as we heard with Gabby, remains have been found that are consistent with Brian Laundrie etc etc and we will wait a few days to find out that it is him. I am devastated to think he is deceased, I wanted him to face justice for Gabby, I still have no care for the parents as I cannot think of any scenario where they would not answer the phone to Gabby's parents, I can't get the idea that the camping trip with all of them was a "farewell", I feel they all knew what he had done, whether they knew what his next move would be I have no idea. MOO

Enlarged/clipped Photo from WTSP.com. Showing BL carrying something early (no beard) during the ill-fated trip, I believe. The nose of the van is in the original picture too, this was cropped. The rectangular item is of interest to me, similar (IMOO) to the item in the bag found today. MOO. Just looking around, trying to piece together what is what. I guess we will all know soon enough, though. TY.
TOTALLY agree!! The item tucked under his arm looks like the shape and size of the object in the bag. And the L's did identify whatever was found as items of BLs. All MOO

ETA what do y'all think that object might be under his arm? I'm very curious as to what it is.

Had to leave you guys for an hour . Now back and caught up. * Maybe*

A couple quick Questions:

1.Protesters are at scene? Or at Laundrie home? Both?
2. Are Launderies @ the scene or at home?

TIA

I appreciate all the great sleuthing going on here.

I will never understand why someone will kill someone then go and kill themselves (if that is the case). Just kill yourself first and leave the innocent to live their lives.

I think that this was a "crime of passion" and that BL killed her during an argument. JMO It was apparent that his anger had been bubbling up.

If he committed suicide, I believe that it was a result of him not wanting to go to jail or deal with the consequences of his actions. JMO

He was wanted. Remember, the FBI warrant and charges?

The warrant wasn’t issued by FBI. It was from the district attorney of the United States District court for Wyoming. So because it is a federal case, it reads United States of America v BL. The FBI is involved to help with investigations.

Federal law gives the FBI authority to investigate all federal crime not assigned exclusively to another federal agency (28, Section 533 of the U.S. Code)

ETA: MO

Last edited:
I am totally confused by all of this. I do not understand yesterday, and then today with the search. I thought yesterday the L's were going camping again to get away from the press. Now today a complete 180 that the L's know where to go. How did they know today? Is this an accurate summary of what happened as i missed much of the news today. JMO and thanks.

As far as what I have read, there wasn't anything mentioned about the parents definitely taking a trip. They bought a bunch of water at walmart, went to the bank and mailed a package at fedex. Some of us thought perhaps they were taking a road trip to get away.
Now with today's events, it looks more like they were getting everything they needed to do prior to today so they could stay out of the public eye as much as possible. Who knows, they still could take a trip somewhere to get away from MSM and the public. No one has any idea regarding why the parents picked this morning to search that particular area and how they found the items so quickly. IMO.

Maybe BL wanted nature to make him disappear, so to speak, the same way he had been hoping that GP would. He may even have misdirected his parents to stop them from searching for him so that his remains would decompose and they wouldn't have to know his fate. They just happened to guess his likely location based on his past behavior--always the best predictor of future behavior.

11 min ago
FBI Tampa will provide an update regarding the search for Brian Laundrie at 4:30 p.m. ET

From CNN’s Rebekah Riess and Danielle Hackett

Live updates: Brian Laundrie search intensifies as items found in preserve
FBI Tampa will be making a statement to the media concerning today’s developments in the search for Brian Laundrie at 4:30 p.m. ET.

Officials will be speaking at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park Entrance in North Port, Florida, according to Andrea Aprea from FBI Tampa Public Affairs.

I don’t think it’s a suicidal act but an act of no return after committing the ultimate irreparable evil

Perhaps that, indeed, the murderer does have some feeling of right and wrong and can’t live with what they did in a fit of rage - but still not moral enough to turn themselves in bc they don’t want to deal with consequences. It’s sickening.

I enlarged the bag. Notable, IMOO, is the size of objects in bag, the corners indicating a rectangular item (IMO), also the appearance of a cream-colored item inside bag, etc. I have no idea what all it is. Photo taken from the U.S. Sun, credit to the Sun.
Antenna of a radio? Maybe he was communicating with his folks with a radio this whole time?

Had to leave you guys for an hour . Now back and caught up. * Maybe*

A couple quick Questions:

1.Protesters are at scene? Or at Laundrie home? Both?
2. Are Launderies @ the scene or at home?

TIA

I appreciate all the great sleuthing going on here.
Protestors are at the scene. Unclear if also at home.
Laundrie's are at home. It is believed a police officer went to the home and is (was?) with them but it's unconfirmed.

TOTALLY agree!! The item tucked under his arm looks like the shape and size of the object in the bag. And the L's did identify whatever was found as items of BLs. All MOO

ETA what do y'all think that object might be under his arm? I'm very curious as to what it is.
I think its a solar charger

There's always the chance he thought he could get away with it, and then got depressed over what happened to Gabby, or thought maybe it was over for him and he would indeed be caught, and changed his mind about wanting to live.

And silly me for stopping to get something for lunch! I'm now 30 min and 6 pages behind. :eek:
I'm wondering if Brian went in there to hide, then the rains hit and he was in an area that became flooded. I wonder if he drowned? Again, I don't know how things work in those areas, but I wonder if there was enough water that someone could have drowned?

IIRC, when Denver FBI had their presser when Gabby was first found, they said they believed the remains were Gabby but needed testing before they could say with certainty it was Gabby.
But they knew it was her.

Maybe FBI Tampa will give a similar preliminary announcement?

I'll be furious if the abhorrent protestors don't allow the Laundries to grieve in peace.

I've had a few days off and unexpectedly developed a bit of sympathy for the parents of BL during that time period. We don't know what they knew and hopefully they will talk some day and explain the timeline as they experienced it in detail. I hope so. But if they have now lost their son they certainly don't deserve "protestors" shouting at them on their lawn, at the reserve or anywhere. They are also grieving parents. They didn't kill anyone. Who are these unhinged protestors? What are they protesting? They should be called "harassers" not protestors.

If BL is dead then it's clear no one was sending him money and food and putting him up in a cabin somewhere.

I want justice for Gabby too but if BL is dead, it looks like this is the end of it. The parents can't be blamed for murder when they clearly didn't murder anyone and it's not even known yet what happened. I personally believe their son killed Gabby, but we don't know that for sure. I wonder if we will ever know. If not, we might have to be OK with that. People can't go on harassing the parents forever and expect some justice to come out of that. There might never be closure in this case. Just tragedy all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne