Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
How fast could they do DNA, if they had a mobile unit (& parents to match)?
The old hospital I worked at had a mobile DNA unit, they could spin it from saliva on a q-tip in a matter of minutes (had it done, was very cool), but I'm not sure how long it takes to do the PCR test...

Or possibly he was in as much pain as her family is. Imagine having an argument with the woman that you loved and planned to marry, that ends up in her death--at your own hands? I am not of the opinion that he planned to end her life, and if he did accidentally kill her, I could see that he would not be any happier with himself than anyone else is. It would be an unbearable pain. If he has been found, and they determine suicide as COD, I think everyone has all the answers they need. Those close to Gabby have a lot more insight as to what was going on with Brian and Gabby in the weeks before her death, and I'm sure they either are being given ,or will be given, information from the FBI investigation to fill in the cracks
It's pure speculation, but the fact that he appears to wander around the vicinity of Gaby's death makes me wonder about his mental state. I have wondered if he "blacked out", couldnt remember what happened. Might have even called parents and said he couldnt find her. This is all IMO. He just seems to have been so aimless in the way he handled himself after she was killed. Wandering around Jackson, finally driving back to Florida, mowing the grass and going for walks in his parent's neighborhood, refusing to talk to the Petitos, then "going for a hike" randomly. I'm not sure any of it is ever going to make sense. IMO

That one looks really close but his seems to have more of a horizontal stripe than a crosshatch print. Do you see any with a more horizontal tonal stripe on them?

Would not be surprised if it’s the same manufacturer and/or factory.

ETA I don’t know why I’m so focused on finding this dang bag now. I guess it’s giving me something to do while we wait for more news.

Not sure that it is the same, but this is the brand I have. In real life it looks like the same type of “ plastic”, more stripes than cross hatch. However, if the bottom of the bag is not torn, and does not have a pack strap attachment at the bottom corner (I really can’t say for sure, photo is too blurry) then it is not the same bag

I've been on the fence about the parents' knowledge/role this whole time, but one thing that's hard to understand is, if nothing was nefarious, why would they wait so many days to report him missing? That part seems so odd to me!
Agreed. It seemed so calculated to give him a head start. I can't imagine understanding whatever explanation they might give for waiting so long. IMO

I completely agree.
I’m wondering if it’s him and he’s now found, if the Laundries will talk. My hopes aren’t very high at all based on their track record, but a piece of me hopes they’ll talk.

This is the biggest reason as to why I had hoped that he didn't kill himself through this search: we need answers. Gabby's family deserves answers. Having him found dead may leave this mystery unresolved, IMO. My heart is breaking all over again.

I am very curious to know the information the parents may have known and would hope, in time, that they come forward to speak publicly about this case and their son's alleged involvement. JMO.

The old hospital I worked at had a mobile DNA unit, they could spin it from saliva on a q-tip in a matter of minutes (had it done, was very cool), but I'm not sure how long it takes to do the PCR test...
I would say maybe a couple hours...

The old hospital I worked at had a mobile DNA unit, they could spin it from a q-tip on a matter of minutes, but I'm not sure how long it takes to do the PCR test...
Well, I read the Marshals were able to confirm the Laundrie lookalike in NC was definitely not BL by doing a fingerprint scan. It read as though they did that in the hotel. So I'm assuming there are certain things, and obviously would be based on the state of decomposition, that could be used fairly quickly to make a preliminary determination.

Or possibly he was in as much pain as her family is. Imagine having an argument with the woman that you loved and planned to marry, that ends up in her death--at your own hands? I am not of the opinion that he planned to end her life, and if he did accidentally kill her, I could see that he would not be any happier with himself than anyone else is. It would be an unbearable pain. If he has been found, and they determine suicide as COD, I think everyone has all the answers they need. Those close to Gabby have a lot more insight as to what was going on with Brian and Gabby in the weeks before her death, and I'm sure they either are being given ,or will be given, information from the FBI investigation to fill in the cracks

There's no comparison to him feeling pain for strangling a person to that victim's family IMO. I don't see the two being even remotely comparable. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam