Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Kick Back and Unwind - Off Topic Side Chat

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2021

2. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Please continue here..

superbee, watcher9, UKUS and 5 others like this.
  3. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

"The FBI and NPPD were informed last night of Brian’s parents’ intentions and they met Chris and Roberta there this morning. After a brief search off a trail that Brian frequented some articles belonging to Brian were found. As of now law enforcement is conducting a more thorough investigation of that area.”
    Apparent human remains found after Brian Laundrie's possessions located in Florida nature reserve

4. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thank you! I figured I had just missed it in all the commotion.

superbee, Marg from Oz and Nikynoo like this.
  5. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

Can someone please post evidence of the dry bag having a hole in it? I know it's been debated, but I haven't seen concrete proof.

6. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

7. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

I’d think even if the dry bag had a hole in it, the notebook was fairly intact for them to determine that it was Brian’s

8. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

He could have wanted to write down his thoughts on what happened before killing himself (if that's what happened and it wasn't accidental. It could have been either, or not his remains which is unlikely IMO).

9. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

I wanted him held accountable to justice....
    :0(

10. Was the parents presence today at the request of the FBI, or was it the parent's big idea?

11. whiterhino

whiterhino Well-Known Member

If it isn't BL then who else could it be??

Are the found items 100% confirmed to belong to BL?

12. JerseyWasHome2

JerseyWasHome2 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Maybe he used some sort of permanent ink, that still may not hold up well if being submerged under water for a month, but who knows - maybe it was floating in his backpack. He could have perhaps only been under 6" of water. Still so many unknowns!

13. dubster

dubster Active Member

14. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Comparing the loss GP’s parents are experiencing to what the Laundries might be experiencing now…gross. Those families are not the same.

15. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

Brian Entin
    @BrianEntin
    10m

FBI: investigators found human remains — and a backpack and other items belonging to Brian Laundrie. FBI did not confirm the remains are Laundrie. Says they will be here for days.

16. dubster

dubster Active Member

17. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

Maybe the notebook will give us the answers we need.

18. AC's Grandma

AC's Grandma Well-Known Member

It was their idea. They had opened up the reserve and the parents told them last night they were going to search where his car was found.

superbee, watcher9, JB1958 and 6 others like this.
  19. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

I hope that notebook is readable and contains something that helps Gabby's family get closure on what happened to her. Otherwise, what a heartbreaking end for them not to get their questions answered.

20. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

Someone asked why FBI Denver is the main agency when Gabby was found in Wyoming. It's because WY isn't all that populated and we don't have an FBI field office. The closest one is Denver even though it's 8 hours away. That's just how life is here, one big town with long roads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.