Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

Is it just a coincidence that the parents show up and find him?

2. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

They didn't plan to search it. The Laundries did. When they told LE what they were going to do this morning, LE met them there to accompany them.

3. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    LaLaw2000, jash, Bethan and 29 others like this.
  4. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

During the couple's time inside, Chris Laundrie could be seen continually moving in and out of areas of the brush. After a short while, he and Roberta Laundrie separated, with Chris and the two men moving into brush on the left side of the trail for approximately 12 minutes.

BRIAN LAUNDRIE SEARCH: PARENTS MUM ON SON'S SEPT. 1 HOMECOMING AS THEY STEP OUT ON LONG DAY OF ERRANDS

Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them.
    Brian Laundrie search: Human remains found near fugitive's belongings in Florida park

LaLaw2000, jash, PhoebeTries and 16 others like this.
  5. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

Say what?
    He left.home!
    He couldnt.live with what he did!
    This entire thing is sad!

6. woods

woods Well-Known Member

‪It was just yesterday when they opened it back up, I don’t think the area was flooded with water then? ‬

Marg from Oz and TL4S like this.
  7. bluwaters

bluwaters Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.:(

8. TwoBlueJays

TwoBlueJays Well-Known Member

It's difficult to read some of the comments this afternoon. We don't know either family, we never knew Brian nor Gabby. We weren't in the van with them for weeks, nor at the last campsite, nor privy to the highs and lows of their relationship, and we will never know exactly what led up to either tragedy. Social media often gives people a false sense of familiarity, to believe they are somehow friends with people they've never met and inspires extreme emotions that we would not normally have for a stranger, such as love or hate. We can mourn Gabby and we can mourn Brian - it doesn't detract from their actions to have humanity and empathy. I would not call anyone a coward here. It's a sad situation for both families. moo

9. SDFinColo

SDFinColo Well-Known Member

I honestly find it hard to believe with the endless searches by experts, etc., the parents just walk in and lo and behold, they find BL's items.

10. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

It is strange. I wonder if part of the reason the park was closed was actually due to flooding concerns, and not just the BL investigation?

11. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

I don't think so. They said at the beginning, through their attorney, I believe, that they believed he was where they found him and that he could have harmed himself. So today, the waters had receded, the park was opened back up to the public and they decided to go look for him and found his stuff in the general vicinity where they expected to find it. jmo

12. r131313

r131313 Well-Known Member

Though likely, we don't know that with certainty at present.

13. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

I’m saying LE has been searching that area - the park - & kept the park closed. They’ve even kept places closed when they were waiting for waters to recede. Idk why they opened the park if they hadn’t searched everywhere they were told by the parents BL frequented.

14. A2FMNST

A2FMNST Well-Known Member

Riiiiiiigggghhhhhtttttt……o_O

15. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

Some people on here have mentioned the fact several times that this was a homicide not a murder as murder is a legal term. I shared what I shared because I thought it was relevant, I always thought it was murder, but technically it’s a homicide not a murder or manslaughter until court I believe I’ve been told, so because he said that it’s quite significant. I’ve said I wish I hadn’t shared it because it’s getting a little overwhelming. MOO

16. A2FMNST

A2FMNST Well-Known Member

Oh, please NO!!!

17. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

Offhand I'd have to say yes, especially if it was an area previously searched.

It does looks suspicious to me MOO

18. priyaya

priyaya Well-Known Member

Where's the map of location? Needing some google earth for context

19. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

I have no clue. Maybe. But just the fact they opened it to the public…that is bugging me that whole thing.

20. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

I wonder if this is the same area that BL's parents said they spent 4-5 hours searching for him when he first went missing?

Marg from Oz, NamiNam, ACE422 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.