Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

What if she hit him first, as in he could claim self defence (I don’t agree with that of course) but my point was it’s always been homicide not murder. Until today. IMO

LoveyG, samsmom and SandSage like this.

2. blue22

blue22 Well-Known Member

This case is so bizarre and unusual. However, this is one thing I do not find unusual. Notebooks are incredibly common with people who frequent nature, backpack, etc. They also weigh next to nothing.

LoveyG, Kapua, EvieIvyOver and 7 others like this.
  3. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

still "a" and not "the" imo - I'm not saying there isn't anyone else, but they aren't saying he's the only one imo

EvieIvyOver and r131313 like this.
  4. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

FBI says Brian Laundrie a 'person of interest' in Gabby Petito murder

The FBI's announcement came after partial human remains were discovered in a search area of the Carlton Reserve that had been underwater until recently. Investigators also discovered a backpack and notebook that they believe belonged to Laundrie.

A2FMNST likes this.
  5. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I doubt we'll ever learn the contents, unless the Laundries decide to reveal it. The legal case dies with Brian. His belongings will eventually be returned to his heirs.

6. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

I think Cassie has. I think if the parents are cooperating at all, it began far, far, far too late - and was done for some modicum of self preservation. Lying to the FBI alone gives you 0-5; minimum 6 mos with no priors MOO IMO JMO. I do not believe they have been cooperating from the beginning. They made NPPD and FBI efforts at the outset very difficult. MOO

7. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

Sigh. I don't know what to think and will wait for the facts to be revealed.

I personally had hoped he'd be found alive because...closure. For Gabby's family, naturally; and in a minor way for us, the curious public.

It does feel off that he was found by the parents, kind of, after professionals searched for a month, but the facts will emerge. If it's BL, as seems likely, we will find out if he died recently or awhile ago.

Hopefully if he shared what he did with his parents, they will tell that to Gabby's family, at least, now that they can't protect him from the punishment he should have received. IMO.

8. scorpius

scorpius Well-Known Member

Yup

Mmmmm....the FBI official on TV today about this said something along the lines of 'BL a person of interest, in the murder of GP'.

So.....once they announce this to be BL, are we thinking by his own hand or another? I'd assume they know if it's remains already, is there enough though that confirms whatever happened was fatal. Hopefully intact enough to tell if he took his own life vs. something like he stepped on an alligator or drowned.

Jurisprudence, ctmom and A2FMNST like this.
  9. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

Yes the partial human remains were previously under water. And thats bad reporting right there because investigators didn't find the notebook. RATHER, CL did, in the "brambles". Perhaps "they" were previously under water. IDK.

sorrell skye, ThoughtFox and 10ofRods like this.
  10. acutename

acutename Well-Known Member

picking up litter or drinking?

EvieIvyOver likes this.
  11. SDFinColo

SDFinColo Well-Known Member

I don't recall ever saying he's the only POI. If another one has been identified, I don't recall seeing that mentioned anywhere. In the meantime, BL is the only POI that has been named in GP's murder. So... again... it is fair to believe he is responsible for her murder. MOO JMO

Elmatadorzgrl, esayer, scmom and 5 others like this.
  12. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

7-14 seconds assumes a competent strangler who has full control over their victim and knows to compress the arteries. Many strangulations start with an attempt to silence and control the victim...it takes 7-14 seconds after blood flow to the brain is cut off, which often takes longer.

13. Jurisprudence

It is so completely unacceptable. It is making my head spin. JMO

14. priyaya

priyaya Well-Known Member

see this is the kind of info I'm interested in

15. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

All afternoon folks here and on TV keep saying the police could not have found the body because it was under water - until now. So NOW that the water has receded, they stopped looking and opened the park? Police just gave up even though there were new places to search? What? And only BL's family could find him by searching right beside the parking lot? Sorry, but this seems strange and illogical. JMOO

16. mmeynstyn

mmeynstyn Active Member

Where is the hinky meter around here? Gosh, This seems too convenient, too coincidental. Would FBI go along with a ruse like this to get the protesters off the L's backs m (hmmmm. no, IMO)? OR...would the FBI set this up as a sting to see what the L's do now?

17. Thinker22

Thinker22 Well-Known Member

I can understand the possibility of the Ls being frustrated with the lack of progress with the search for BL. "Hey, we told you he's probably in *this* area. Why can't you find him? OK, you've opened the park back up to the public, I suppose we can go in and look for ourselves. Oh look, that's some of BL's stuff. Should we call the cops? No, they had their chance. We're grieving parents and just want a few minutes alone with what's left of our kid before the next media circus. "

Just my amateur speculation. I would have done the same thing they did. Cooperating with police is one thing, but spoon feeding them is quite another, MOO.

ShadyLady likes this.
  18. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

I was discussing this with my husband and I agree that if he is "the" person of interest they should come out and say that because the use of the word "a" means that there is potentially a murderer out there responsible for Gabby's death that isn't BL.

Ruminations likes this.
  19. RedDaisys

RedDaisys Well-Known Member

I wonder if Cassie went over to her parents house today.

Sundog, Kapua, bluwaters and 2 others like this.
  20. Jurisprudence

They would not have been there during the flooding MOO. They would have fled for higher ground. MOO, as I am not a Dr. Doolittle expert, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.