Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

And won’t understand. :(

2. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

Thank you. I’ve been able to move past the thoughts with help. I was just trying to compare the differences.

Kingsley, Krwiley60, MemPat and 2 others like this.
  3. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

It will be very suspicious if there is a letter of note from Brian saying Gabby was strangled by someone else and he just needed to join her…or anything peculiar like that.

4. FindingJoLee

FindingJoLee Well-Known Member

One thing that has puzzled me all along is how someone would have a favorite part of a swamp. I don't have any love for swamps - it all looks kinda homogenous to me.

Scatcat, Kapua, scmom and 5 others like this.
  5. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

At this point I am in total disbelief that both LE and the FBI even allowed his parents to go "searching for him" in the park.

6. Born2BWild

Born2BWild Well-Known Member

I think the Laundries actually found the notebook and then handed it over to LE. It was reported that his parents went through some brambles (?), saw the notebook and handed it over. Hmmmm. The area they found it is near the entrance to the park nearest where the Mustang had been parked. It was suggested that that area had been under about 4 feet of water that has now receded.

7. CaffienatedOwl

CaffienatedOwl Well-Known Member

I think everyone has a different idea of what justice is. Moo

ediethedog, Rhapfan, Trooper and 5 others like this.
  8. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

I feel like this might be a dumb question but is a swamp a type of place that a person can have a favourite place? I've never been to a swamp... is there shoreline of some kind, or is it soggy everywhere? I'm just kind of wondering how BL would have "favourite" places in there, if that makes any sense.

Bogyo13, Trooper, bluwaters and 2 others like this.
  9. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

The Laundries cooperating with the FBI, if in fact they are, is meaningless to me until I get the DATE they began any cooperation. MOO IMO

10. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

I LITERALLY just asked about that lol!

fackshat and CaffienatedOwl like this.
  11. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you. I can understand the mods not wanting a debate about religion, but a prayer for all the family members who are in so much pain? Wow.

branwynbreeze, scmom, Catz and 6 others like this.
  12. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

I hope that he is the only one because if they've got another one they really should let people know there is a murderer out there responsible for Gabby's death that isn't BL imo

13. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

This is just my opinion but I think they will test these remains and conclusively determine it's BL. If it is, they will work on their report outlining what they believe happened. If they believe that the only suspect has died, they'll release a report saying something like that. If they don't think they can conclusively close the case, I think they will say that and keep investigating. But I do think we will learn one way or another soon.

14. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Brian Laundrie manhunt: FBI confirms unidentified human remains found, fugitive's backpack, notebook

EXCLUSIVE IMAGES OBTAINED BY FOX NEWS

[​IMG]
    These items were found in an area that, up until recently, had been underwater.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The FBI's announcement came hours after it was revealed that "some articles belonging to Brian were found" while his parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, and law enforcement were searching within the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, along a trail that their son was known to frequent.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that they subsequently responded to the area at the law enforcement's request. A senior law enforcement source told Fox News' David Spunt at the time that "what appear to be human remains" were found at a site being searched by a cadaver dog within the park.

At the park, two men in hiking gear – including at least one who later identified himself as a law enforcement officer – began trailing behind them. The Laundries and one of the men appeared to discuss a discovery before the parents left the park, which was subsequently closed to media and the public.

During the couple's time inside, Chris Laundrie could be seen continually moving in and out of areas of the brush. After a short while, he and Roberta Laundrie separated, with Chris and the two men moving into brush on the left side of the trail for approximately 12 minutes.

The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them.

Exclusive video obtained by Fox News Digital shows the Laundries and the law enforcement officer huddling and speaking as the officer appears to show the couple an unknown discovery.

The officer appeared to tell the parents: "I think we might have found something." The officer could be seen patting Chris Laundrie's shoulder as he huddled with the couple.

The couple left the park at 8:45 a.m. The Laundries returned home shortly thereafter and appeared emotional when confronted by protesters there.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  15. CamilleBSP

CamilleBSP Active Member

That's the impression I had after a while.

pcap and jking like this.
  16. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

I certainly never thought they were a part of organized crime or anything like that but I did not think BL was in the reserve. Or that he would commit suicide, either, although we don’t know for sure if it is his remains (likely) or how the person died.

I did think he was living off grid in a cheap cabin or some other kind of rental. It would not have been terribly difficult to pull that off, especially with Covid (mask, people still staying home more than normal, ability to order more products for delivery than ever, etc.). He would’ve needed money and prepaid cards that are difficult to track.

The remains they found are more than likely his. Since the area was underwater until recently he may have been there all along. The examinations should offer some clues about time and manner of death.

I hope his notebook includes clues about what happened and that, if he did write about it, it was truthful. Assuming they can recover text from something that’s been in water.

jmo

LeeAnnB, Midgie2 and SparkleGal7 like this.
  17. Fleur-de-lis

Fleur-de-lis Merrily we scroll along

No, swamps are interesting, they have different trees, they have different clearings, different places to look for birds, see certain flowers, etc. I had favorite trails through them, too.

spcagrl, Kingsley, Kapua and 8 others like this.
  18. chupacabra

chupacabra Well-Known Member

They can be quite beautiful. There are high and low areas, and plenty of room to move between wet areas (except during serious flooding). I've spent many, many hours in swamps.

Kingsley, lowes123, bluwaters and 9 others like this.
  19. SDFinColo

SDFinColo Well-Known Member

So the area was under water when the prior searches of that area occurred. I guess I'm wondering if the area was under water in early/mid September. I mean, if this is in fact BL, did he wade out into the water and do whatever he did?

La Louve, lilithblue, Kapua and 8 others like this.
  20. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen Former Member

This is the point I'm making. Just a POI. Not a suspect.

NCWatcher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.