Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

It has occurred to me before that BL, if he was suicidal, may have waded into water to do it. So that his remains might not be found, so that he could disappear completely. I doubt he was in a completely rational state of mind at that time.

2. PatLaurel

PatLaurel Well-Known Member

Maybe this was his "special track" but, did BL have a special "patch of brambles" where he would sit and meditate?

They don't look "natural" leaving the area where they found the items, but i am not a body language expert. It's just my opinion and perception.

MOO JMO

LAhiker and Idon'tneedthesame like this.
  3. YohanApple

YohanApple Well-Known Member

It starts right from the beginning but gets more clear right about the 10 second mark. It looks like a body on top of a white tarp or table or something.

x_files and Gardenista like this.
  4. zucchinibread

zucchinibread Well-Known Member

I feel like Steve Bertolino’s legal advice was a smart move for the parents, especially if they knew any details at all about the murder.

However, I don’t think he was considering the ways in which encouraging them all to be silent could lead to Brian’s body in swampland. No one speaks about where Gabby’s body was, leaving a long period of time for Brian’s anxiety to fester and overflow. The parents, encouraged to stay silent, waiting several days before reporting him missing. We don’t know when Brian died. I believe he died the day he left, but he very well could have tried to camp out for a few days — if they felt protected enough by their attorney to come forward earlier, he could have been captured alive.

I do feel for his parents. Their son has likely died and I know that his mother will relive all the moments she could have spared his life by speaking out. These situations are unimaginable regardless of which side you end up on.

5. Born2BWild

Born2BWild Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone has said the notebook had been underwater, only that the terrain where the Laundries found it TODAY had been.

TGIRecovered and iamnotagolem like this.
  6. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

here;s another thing that could have happened, has it been said for a FACT tht the bag was on the ground????
    Brian could have hung the bag to a tree limb and then sat down and did whatever he did ....we dont know that he didnt, the swamp was only under about 4 or 5 feet of water, so if he did that then everything might still be intact!

7. pcap

pcap Well-Known Member

I don’t remember there being any description of this.

8. simplemind

simplemind Well-Known Member

Source?

Shear22, NCHydrangea, Amster and 7 others like this.
  9. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

10. lowes123

lowes123 Well-Known Member

I wonder if their trip to the AT&T store yesterday was to get the location of where the burner last pinged? And maybe the bank for bail money? MOO

11. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

Definitely plausible IMO. I could see that happening, I always felt like it was a hint from the FBI that they wanted something to detain him on but didn’t want to scare him off. They may have profiled him and deemed him a suicide risk from the profile. Definitely an interesting thought. Thank you.

MOO

12. Seabunny

Seabunny Well-Known Member

There's another section of the bag not pictured. The hole is in the bottom right of the bag and something black is protruding out of it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  13. Cloudydiamond

Cloudydiamond Well-Known Member

like 24:05 at the very end

14. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

I tend to think that BL would want to leave a story, or fable, aggrandizing himself. I can totally see him putting the stuff in a tree that would never be flooded. But I'm still not convinced he was in there the whole time. Maybe once we see a TOD, if possible. Somehow the parents knew where to look, and to get the stuff and get away before turning it over to the LE. I wonder how much the reporter(s) saw of them actually finding the items on the ground. IMO

And I'd like to hear more about the firearm that was referred to earlier when he first was reported missing, after 4-5 days.

15. priyaya

priyaya Well-Known Member

Im not seeing that. i think the remains would have been under the trees. I don't see them picking it up and putting it on a table. looks more like bags and stuff they are working with. but really cant tell... doubt they would broadcast it that clear if it was. I mean honestly I don't think they'd find a torso, the more meaty parts if a gator got a hold of it, maybe a limb...

16. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

Its really odd that they would pick it up considering the surrounding circumstances. Maybe self preservation ‘before anyone interprets what this is we should see it first’ kinda thing?

LAhiker and NamiNam like this.
  17. bluwaters

bluwaters Well-Known Member

Florida swamps are extremely beautiful, teeming with life.
    I love going into them.
    It's the insects that deter me more than anything else.
    We have a fantastic state park system.
    I urge everyone I know who comes for the theme parks and beaches to carve a day out and go to see the Real Florida.
    jmho

18. Coquette

Coquette Observer

I zoomed in and watched several times and I do believe I saw remains on a small white plastic sheet.

MOO.

LAhiker, lowes123 and Bluedaisy100 like this.
  19. Elana619

Elana619 Active Member

The clasps are like that because it’s a dry sack. Their is a black clip on either side so you roll it down and clip it together. You can put your items inside and they will stay dry. The white material almost looks like it’s dyneema fabric which is commonly used for the ultralight backpacking items.

LAhiker, lowes123, LMDlong and 2 others like this.
  20. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

No. That's not a backpack nor a waist strap. SB also confirmed the dry bag is another item and is BL

Gemmie, lowes123, RANCH and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.