Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I think happened!

A crime of passion is a crime committed by someone so quickly that he doesn’t have time to “cool down” and stop himself. In other words, a crime of passion is exactly that: it is a crime that someone commits while in a passionate state. That passion can either be out of heartbreak, like if someone breaks up with another person, or out of rage.

My thought from day one.... they triggered each other, and his gaslighting was "failing" and he just went out of control...

Let me know if repeat comment and I’ll delete…

Has anywhere reported that the items ChL found are the same as the “backpack and notebook” mentioned by FBI?

I read the situation as ChL found dry bag and mystery item, which led to a further search in which LE/searchers found remains near a backpack and notebook

what ChL is carrying looks like neither a backpack nor a notebook
all MOO

TRUE story! Thank goodness it was documented

Seriously... and thank goodness the cops decided to join them on their search today...
There are coyotes, bobcats, and panthers out there too.
jmho
but would they eat a dead body? I though alligators would be the only scavengers there... but (and i have lived in this part of Florida before) I really don't know how it works

I honestly find it hard to believe with the endless searches by experts, etc., the parents just walk in and lo and behold, they find BL's items.
Ls found BL's things in the about the same area that CL had previously searched with the FBI.
He took them there because he knew it was a place BL particularly liked.
Now the water is receding and they went back to that same spot.
I don't think it's particularly suspicious.
jmho

I will just say this MOO:

BL's parents have been pushing local LE through the hoops.

Yes, that is how I understand it.

It really does look suspicious...

I don't even know if I can identify "suspicious behavior," not sure what that even looks like just now. So I just have to wonder if they have amazing luck or if they are those people who are totally innocent but have an incredible knack for making themselves look guilty.

Does anyone know the date the water was supposed to have come up to cover this area and if it was unusual for water to cover this area?
its not unusual, they call it a reserve but in reality its just a swamp and when we had heavy heavy rains in september lots of swampy areas and rivers and creeks got really high, its the norm around here.

FBI names Brian Laundrie person of interest in murder of Gabby Petito during search update | KLAS

TAMPA (WFLA) – The FBI announced Wednesday afternoon that Brian Laundrie is a person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito.

The announcement was made following the discovery of partial human remains in an area of the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County that had been underwater until recently.

“As you’re aware, the FBI and the North Port Police Department and our state and local law enforcement partners have been searching the area of the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito,” FBI Tampa Division Special Agent in Charge Michael McPherson said.

Last month, the FBI issued an arrest warrant for Laundrie, who was previously named a person of interest in the homicide investigation of Petito.

BBM "a" person of interest

Some people on here have mentioned the fact several times that this was a homicide not a murder as murder is a legal term. I shared what I shared because I thought it was relevant, I always thought it was murder, but technically it’s a homicide not a murder or manslaughter until court I believe I’ve been told, so because he said that it’s quite significant. I’ve said I wish I hadn’t shared it because it’s getting a little overwhelming. MOO

Strangulation's intent can be homicidal, suicidal, accidental or auto-e**tic. In Gabby's case, manner of death is homicidal so it means she was strangled by some force that's independent from her body, aka another person.

You can't possibly allege that you strangled someone not knowing they'd die if you did, and it isn't something that causes imediate death, so you have to really intend to murder someone to keep going until they die (it takes between 7 to 14 seconds to make someone unconscious and death can occur before 5 minutes... a few minutes must drag so much when you're attempting murder, though).

I myself mentioned that not all deaths with homicide as MoD are necessarily murder, but in the case of strangulation it's not possible to say he didn't intend to achieve the result he did IMO.

Last edited:
that is irrelevant - it doesn't mean he is the only one because no one else has been named, we don't have all the facts that the FBI have imo
I’m pretty sure it does. Granted, LE/FBI aren’t disclosing all the details, but if there were any indication of an additional POI or suspect they would have shared that by now.

Fox news reporter not pulling any punches vis-a-vis the Ls.
what does a "notebook" look like after it was submerged all this time?
Anyone think that BL had a fancy waterproof notebook?

Lastly, BL lived near this place- knew about predators? ...and high water. Was he
feeling self destructive when he went there?

BL may have been thoughtful enough to place the notebook into the waterproof bag before his demise. I think he would have, hoping his drawings would inspire a cult following. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998