Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangulation's intent can be homicidal, suicidal, accidental or auto-e**tic. In Gabby's case, manner of death is homicidal so it means she was strangled by some force that's independent from her body, aka another person.

You can't possibly allege that you strangled someone not knowing they'd die if you did, and it isn't something that causes imediate death, so you have to really intend to murder someone to keep going until they die (it takes between 7 to 14 seconds to make someone unconscious and death can occur before 5 minutes... a few minutes must drag so much when you're attempting murder, though).

I myself mentioned that not all deaths with homicide as MoD are necessarily murder, but in the case of strangulation it's not possible to say he didn't intend to achieve the result he did.

What if she hit him first, as in he could claim self defence (I don’t agree with that of course) but my point was it’s always been homicide not murder. Until today. IMO

Sorry... i have to ask this. BL goes camping for a day or maybe two, leaves his new phone behind but takes his notebook with him? Why carry extra unnecessary weight?

MOO JMO

This case is so bizarre and unusual. However, this is one thing I do not find unusual. Notebooks are incredibly common with people who frequent nature, backpack, etc. They also weigh next to nothing.

FBI names Brian Laundrie person of interest in murder of Gabby Petito during search update | KLAS

TAMPA (WFLA) – The FBI announced Wednesday afternoon that Brian Laundrie is a person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito.

The announcement was made following the discovery of partial human remains in an area of the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County that had been underwater until recently.

“As you’re aware, the FBI and the North Port Police Department and our state and local law enforcement partners have been searching the area of the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito,” FBI Tampa Division Special Agent in Charge Michael McPherson said.

Last month, the FBI issued an arrest warrant for Laundrie, who was previously named a person of interest in the homicide investigation of Petito.

"person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito." BBM

still "a" and not "the" imo - I'm not saying there isn't anyone else, but they aren't saying he's the only one imo

I believe the Ls have been cooperating with the FBI more than we know.
jmho

I think Cassie has. I think if the parents are cooperating at all, it began far, far, far too late - and was done for some modicum of self preservation. Lying to the FBI alone gives you 0-5; minimum 6 mos with no priors MOO IMO JMO. I do not believe they have been cooperating from the beginning. They made NPPD and FBI efforts at the outset very difficult. MOO

Sigh. I don't know what to think and will wait for the facts to be revealed.

I personally had hoped he'd be found alive because...closure. For Gabby's family, naturally; and in a minor way for us, the curious public.

It does feel off that he was found by the parents, kind of, after professionals searched for a month, but the facts will emerge. If it's BL, as seems likely, we will find out if he died recently or awhile ago.

Hopefully if he shared what he did with his parents, they will tell that to Gabby's family, at least, now that they can't protect him from the punishment he should have received. IMO.

"They could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to a law enforcement officer."

Um, what????? Did they actually handle the evidence? As in handle it so if and when their prints are on it it cannot be determined to have been placed there by them at any point? MOO Did the NPPD actually allow them to contaminate evidence. Please tell me no.
I did not see them collect it in the video. MOO

Yup

A person of interest is not a suspect. I think that's important to clarify the distinction between the two.

'Person of Interest' is a term widely used to describe a person who may have been involved in a crime and who the police are interested in finding out more about. However, if they don’t have enough evidence to call them a suspect, they are not able to take action.

Despite assumptions, BL has never been named as a suspect in GP's murder (even after the autopsy has taken place), and I think it's pertinent that we stick to the facts regarding that.

MOO

Mmmmm....the FBI official on TV today about this said something along the lines of 'BL a person of interest, in the murder of GP'.

I honestly find it hard to believe with the endless searches by experts, etc., the parents just walk in and lo and behold, they find BL's items.

So.....once they announce this to be BL, are we thinking by his own hand or another? I'd assume they know if it's remains already, is there enough though that confirms whatever happened was fatal. Hopefully intact enough to tell if he took his own life vs. something like he stepped on an alligator or drowned.

FBI says Brian Laundrie a 'person of interest' in Gabby Petito murder

The FBI's announcement came after partial human remains were discovered in a search area of the Carlton Reserve that had been underwater until recently. Investigators also discovered a backpack and notebook that they believe belonged to Laundrie.

Yes the partial human remains were previously under water. And thats bad reporting right there because investigators didn't find the notebook. RATHER, CL did, in the "brambles". Perhaps "they" were previously under water. IDK.

still "a" and not "the" imo - I'm not saying there isn't anyone else, but they aren't saying he's the only one imo
I don't recall ever saying he's the only POI. If another one has been identified, I don't recall seeing that mentioned anywhere. In the meantime, BL is the only POI that has been named in GP's murder. So... again... it is fair to believe he is responsible for her murder. MOO JMO

Strangulation's intent can be homicidal, suicidal, accidental or auto-e**tic. In Gabby's case, manner of death is homicidal so it means she was strangled by some force that's independent from her body, aka another person.

You can't possibly allege that you strangled someone not knowing they'd die if you did, and it isn't something that causes imediate death, so you have to really intend to murder someone to keep going until they die (it takes between 7 to 14 seconds to make someone unconscious and death can occur before 5 minutes... a few minutes must drag so much when you're attempting murder, though).

I myself mentioned that not all deaths with homicide as MoD are necessarily murder, but in the case of strangulation it's not possible to say he didn't intend to achieve the result he did.

7-14 seconds assumes a competent strangler who has full control over their victim and knows to compress the arteries. Many strangulations start with an attempt to silence and control the victim...it takes 7-14 seconds after blood flow to the brain is cut off, which often takes longer.

English is my native language, but I might need a translator here. The parents were left alone to search the area and then when they located the items, one of the two or both picked up what they found and then walked those items back to the investigators?

There is so much inexplicable behavior going on in this case.

It is so completely unacceptable. It is making my head spin. JMO

All afternoon folks here and on TV keep saying the police could not have found the body because it was under water - until now. So NOW that the water has receded, they stopped looking and opened the park? Police just gave up even though there were new places to search? What? And only BL's family could find him by searching right beside the parking lot? Sorry, but this seems strange and illogical. JMOO

I will just say this MOO:

BL's parents have been pushing local LE through the hoops.

Yes, that is how I understand it.

It really does look suspicious...

I can understand the possibility of the Ls being frustrated with the lack of progress with the search for BL. "Hey, we told you he's probably in *this* area. Why can't you find him? OK, you've opened the park back up to the public, I suppose we can go in and look for ourselves. Oh look, that's some of BL's stuff. Should we call the cops? No, they had their chance. We're grieving parents and just want a few minutes alone with what's left of our kid before the next media circus. "

Just my amateur speculation. I would have done the same thing they did. Cooperating with police is one thing, but spoon feeding them is quite another, MOO.

So people could be on the look out for them? If there's another POI, do you think they just didn't bring them in for questioning or is it another fugitive?
I was discussing this with my husband and I agree that if he is "the" person of interest they should come out and say that because the use of the word "a" means that there is potentially a murderer out there responsible for Gabby's death that isn't BL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member