Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
A person of interest is not a suspect. I think that it's important to clarify the distinction between the two.

'Person of Interest' is a term widely used to describe a person who may have been involved in a crime and who the police are interested in finding out more about. However, if they don’t have enough evidence to call them a suspect, they are not able to take action.

Despite assumptions, BL has never been named as a suspect in GP's murder (even after the autopsy has taken place), and I think it's pertinent that we stick to the facts regarding that.

MOO

There was another homicide close to the same time as Gabby’s, of a married couple outside Moab, UT. Does anyone know what the investigation of that has turned up?

phones track... paper notebooks do not. and anyone thinking notebook means computer... no, not in that part of Florida and most other places in the us

My bad then... I assumed the black thing sticking out of the bag was the corner of a notebook (laptop).

MOO JMO

Ls found BL's things in the about the same area that CL had previously searched with the FBI.
He took them there because he knew it was a place BL particularly liked.
Now the water is receding and they went back to that same spot.
I don't think it's particularly suspicious.
jmho

I can't get my head around the Laundries turning up to search and finding BLs stuff. Surely LE was shadowing them? And human bones possibly found. Again, who exactly found these? It is all a bit suss to me. And hard to catch up in Australia when we have just woken up to this news.

No, swamps are interesting, they have different trees, they have different clearings, different places to look for birds, see certain flowers, etc. I had favorite trails through them, too.
Thank you for explaining! All I've seen is that footage of those strange boats that seem to run on fans (?) gliding over long wet grass lol.

I feel like this might be a dumb question but is a swamp a type of place that a person can have a favourite place? I've never been to a swamp... is there shoreline of some kind, or is it soggy everywhere? I'm just kind of wondering how BL would have "favourite" places in there, if that makes any sense.
a swamp isnt always swampy if that makes any sense....it can dry out in areas especially that close to the walking trail, it could just be muddy in some areas..... its all according to the weather and tme of year.

I don't think so. They said at the beginning, through their attorney, I believe, that they believed he was where they found him and that he could have harmed himself. So today, the waters had receded, the park was opened back up to the public and they decided to go look for him and found his stuff in the general vicinity where they expected to find it. jmo

So, if this wasn't the location, where did CL join them searching last week (gosh, was that last week or the week before - time is flying)? 2 days he went out there and nothing....that wasn't here?

Seriously... and thank goodness the cops decided to join them on their search today...

but would they eat a dead body? I though alligators would be the only scavengers there... but (and i have lived in this part of Florida before) I really don't know how it works
They can be scavengers.
Coyotes
What do urban coyotes eat? - | Urban Coyote Research
Coyotes are generally scavengers and predators of small prey but can shift to large prey occasionally.
Bobcats
What do urban coyotes eat? - | Urban Coyote Research
Their primary diet is rabbit, but they also eat rodents, beaver, peccaries, birds and bats, and deer. They are also scavengers.

Florida Panthers
(least likely to scavenge)
Panther Biology.
Studies by panther biologists have revealed that most of a panther’s diet is natural prey such as deer, wild hogs and raccoons.
Gators
American Alligator - Lacassine - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
The American alligator is an opportunistic scavenger and a top predator on the Refuge with virtually no enemies other than humans. Smaller alligators, less than 5 feet long, primarily feed on crustaceans, fish, and insects. Larger alligators feed on mammals, such as nutria and muskrat, birds, fish, reptiles, and crustaceans.

At this point I am in total disbelief that both LE and the FBI even allowed his parents to go "searching for him" in the park.

I am not sure how LE could have or wanted to prevent that. The area was open to the public.

From what I understand, the Laundries contacted LE before going to the area.

That appears cooperative to me but there certainly could have been risky alternative motives.

My opinion

LINK please - to where it is reported the notebook was under water?????
I guess folks assume that if the body (parts) were under water till now, then so was the notebook. Otherwise, why didn't police find it before now? How could he be under water, but his stuff was not?

This is just my opinion but I think they will test these remains and conclusively determine it's BL. If it is, they will work on their report outlining what they believe happened. If they believe that the only suspect has died, they'll release a report saying something like that. If they don't think they can conclusively close the case, I think they will say that and keep investigating. But I do think we will learn one way or another soon.
I'm thinking they would say "we're not looking for any other suspects in relation to the death of GP" or something like that, right? is that how it would work ? thanks for your advice :)

This thread is moving so fast that I lost the post I wanted to reply to. But I just wanted to point out two things.

One is this video of RL and CL with a searcher talking to them. If you listen closely to the audio you can hear the searcher say “how about you guys go back home...”, and CL cuts him off, pleading “I don’t want to go home!”, the searcher responds “No no, I think we might have found something...so I just want you to go home...” and then he seems to comfort CL right after this by putting his hand on his shoulder. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...aundries-mom-roberta-wipe-tear-dads-face/amp/

This is important because it points to the L’s not actually being the ones to find the objects.

Also, I go backpacking myself and own a couple dry bags. I’ve seen some people confused because of the wording, picturing more of a large ziplock bag or something. But dry bags can be huge and the one the searcher or LE is holding in the photo seems to be a large one. Something similar to this: Outdoor Products 20L Dry Bag | Big 5 Sporting Goods

So it could be large enough to to hold about 20-40 liters worth of hiking gear, and they also have versions with straps like a backpack. All just IMO of course.

I feel like this might be a dumb question but is a swamp a type of place that a person can have a favourite place? I've never been to a swamp... is there shoreline of some kind, or is it soggy everywhere? I'm just kind of wondering how BL would have "favourite" places in there, if that makes any sense.
I grew up 100 yards from a swamp and I had many favorite places. I think swamps can be quite beautiful. But I’m a Louisiana girl.

2 different ATT stores yesterday.. maybe they were trying to RETURN the phone they just bought last month? Timing is odd with him being possibly found today. I still think he wasn’t there all along. Maybe he died within the last few days. But the timing of the ATT visits really throws me off then he just HAAAAAPPENS to possibly be found today.

I'm thinking they would say "we're not looking for any other suspects in relation to the death of GP" or something like that, right? is that how it would work ? thanks for your advice :)

I don't think they will say anything else until they can identify the remains they found. I have always interpreted LE's statements in this case to suggest that there is only one POI and it's BL but reasonable minds can differ so I think we will just have to wait for the statement.

This is the point I'm making. Just a POI. Not a suspect.
You know, we can always "know" he did it, or "feel" he did it, but unless there is a confession or a huge break by examining something found at the crime scene or electronics or similar, we can never actually PROVE he did it, and I guess (MOO) that is why he is just a POI and not a suspect. MOO. For the recent attempt to arrest the husband of Alexis S, they had a lot of evidence (per the news stories).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82