Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Laundrie's know the area Brian would normally go in the reserve - Yes, according to CL.

Did CL go to the same area to assist in the search - Yes.

Has the water level dropped since CL was last there - Yes.

Was the area opened up to the public yesterday - Yes.

Have people been asking why they haven't made more of an effort to search for their son - Yes.

Did they go searching for their son the first chance they got - Yes.

Did the Laundries plan an elaborate escape for Brian and hole him up somewhere nice and cosy? - Doesn't appear so for the fact that as soon as they got the chance to search in the reserve, they did. Suggests a strong belief they knew where in the reserve he liked to go hiking.

Did Brian die yesterday/this morning - Doesn't seem likely if there were only partial remains found.

Bearing all that in mind, especially the last part. Of what benefit does it serve his parents to find evidence near "his" partial remains?

This case is so bizarre and unusual. However, this is one thing I do not find unusual. Notebooks are incredibly common with people who frequent nature, backpack, etc. They also weigh next to nothing.

I assumed the black thing sticking out of the bag was a "notebook" (laptop). Sorry!

MOO JMO

I am not sure how LE could have or wanted to prevent that. The area was open to the public.

From what I understand, the Laundries contacted LE before going to the area.

That appears cooperative to me but there certainly could have been risky alternative motives.

My opinion
Let me think - oh, police could have kept the place shut down and searched there again after the water receded. Instead we have this spectacle today of the parents finding stuff on their own.

What if she hit him first, as in he could claim self defence (I don’t agree with that of course) but my point was it’s always been homicide not murder. Until today. IMO

IMO, if you're strangling someone as self defense you'd probably let go of them as soon as they stop punching, kicking, hitting, bitting or otherwise hurting you. It takes a while longer of depriving the brain of oxygen to be able to cause brain death.

I feel like this might be a dumb question but is a swamp a type of place that a person can have a favourite place? I've never been to a swamp... is there shoreline of some kind, or is it soggy everywhere? I'm just kind of wondering how BL would have "favourite" places in there, if that makes any sense.

• Enjoy biking, birding, hiking, primitive camping and paddling.
  • 100+ miles of trails/horseback riding.
  • 12-mile Myakka Island Wilderness Trail continues north to Myakka River State Park.
  • Campsites and pavilions can be booked up to one year in advance by calling 941-861-7275.
Find a Park | Sarasota County, FL

I don't think they will say anything else until they can identify the remains they found. I have always interpreted LE's statements in this case to suggest that there is only one POI and it's BL but reasonable minds can differ so I think we will just have to wait for the statement.
Sorry I meant to add once they'd identified the remains and presuming they were BL's

If the area has been flooded how did his things end up there? I remember when this whole thing started it was pouring rain in Florida so I’m assuming it’s been under water all this time?

I can't get my head around the Laundries turning up to search and finding BLs stuff. Surely LE was shadowing them? And human bones possibly found. Again, who exactly found these? It is all a bit suss to me. And hard to catch up in Australia when we have just woken up to this news.
It’s a bit suss to me as well.

2 different ATT stores yesterday.. maybe they were trying to RETURN the phone they just bought last month? Timing is odd with him being possibly found today. I still think he wasn’t there all along. Maybe he died within the last few days. But the timing of the ATT visits really throws me off then he just HAAAAAPPENS to possibly be found today.
The first ATT store was closed. They only went into one.

Was the Myakkahatchee park closed during the investigation of the Carlton Reserve? If not why would the Laundries not have looked their sooner? Why now long after this body (assuming it is his body)is decomposed or dispersed. Just seems odd to me. moo
I believe the water has only recently receded as they are now about to go into the dry season.

They can be scavengers.
Coyotes
What do urban coyotes eat? - | Urban Coyote Research
Coyotes are generally scavengers and predators of small prey but can shift to large prey occasionally.
Bobcats
What do urban coyotes eat? - | Urban Coyote Research
Their primary diet is rabbit, but they also eat rodents, beaver, peccaries, birds and bats, and deer. They are also scavengers.

Florida Panthers
(least likely to scavenge)
Panther Biology.
Studies by panther biologists have revealed that most of a panther’s diet is natural prey such as deer, wild hogs and raccoons.
Gators
American Alligator - Lacassine - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
The American alligator is an opportunistic scavenger and a top predator on the Refuge with virtually no enemies other than humans. Smaller alligators, less than 5 feet long, primarily feed on crustaceans, fish, and insects. Larger alligators feed on mammals, such as nutria and muskrat, birds, fish, reptiles, and crustaceans.

Don't forget feral hogs, who are opportunistic scavengers.

And there is no shortage of turkey buzzards in the county, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member