Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not yet been to Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park so I cannot speak for the area.

I have spent considerable time in Carlton Reserve and nearby Deer Prairie Creek as well as Sleeping Turtles North which is near Carlton Reserve, and Sleeping Turtles South, right next to I-75

Attached is a sample of what is at Sleeping Turtles South, nestled in a swamp by the Myakka River.
Thanks for posting the image. Gives a good perception.

That reminded me of the reported description of what Brian was wearing when he left for the hike. I remember being disappointed and wondered why the emphasis was on a waist stap for the backpack....does anyone else remember that? Maybe that was because it wasn't a typical backpack so additional info was provided.
He left with a hiking backpack large enough that it had a waiststrap. SB is saying that the dry bag found is in addition to the backpack and notebook the FBI mentioned in the press conference.

I said I don’t think it was that but I was using an example, you never know what reason his lawyer could have come up with in court if it came to that.
I don’t see what everyone’s issue is, today is the first time that murder has been said instead of homicide from what I remember. That was my point, if anyone can show me evidence that they did use the term murder instead of homicide, I will stand corrected. It was relevant enough for WFLA to mention it, that’s all I was trying to point out. Just my humble opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with you that it was the first time that it was said and that this may be important, to be honest. I was just trying to explain this point of view because this is a discussion that happened in some (older) earlier threads, if this being a homicide implies it's a murder or not. Admitedly I didn't bother to check WS when her cause of death was made public because it can really be too much sometimes.

I'm sorry for making it seem like I was disagreeing with you. I'm not completely fluent in English, so my wording sometimes goes accross differently from what I'm trying to convey. I'm really sorry.

I'm way behind on these threads, and someone may have already said this, but in this video it looks like CL knows exactly where to go to look for BL. Why there? And RL is kind of just standing around on the path. Did they know that this was his 'special place' in the reserve where he liked to go and hang out? MOO

I believe it's been stated that this area had already been given to LE from the parents and the area was under water in prior searches.

I'm way behind so sorry if this has been brought up. In watching this video of them finding remains excuse me if I'm wrong. But, doesn't that look like a body with most of the legs missing under the white tent. I'm not saying this to be a smart *advertiser censored* or joking in anyway, but, it definetly looks like a butt/buttocks and upper body. Has anybody else seen this? Be sure to click right lower corner to maximize the video.

I see someone in a yellow vest kneeling and digging in the lower right corner of the tent and a few other people walking inside the tent. Moo.

In an exclusive interview with Eyewitness News, the family's attorney, Steven Bertolino, says the Laundries are "grieving."

"As you can imagine, the parents are very distraught. Like everyone else they are going to await the results of the forensic investigation before making any further comments. But at this moment in time they're grieving," he says.

LIVE | Brian Laundrie update: Investigators find possible remains, personal items in Florida

Steven Bertolino:

https://abc7ny.com/video/embed/?pid=11148586

So, if this wasn't the location, where did CL join them searching last week (gosh, was that last week or the week before - time is flying)? 2 days he went out there and nothing....that wasn't here?

I don't know exactly. But, apparently, this part has been under quite a bit of water until very recently

Florida swamps are extremely beautiful, teeming with life.
I love going into them.
It's the insects that deter me more than anything else.
We have a fantastic state park system.
I urge everyone I know who comes for the theme parks and beaches to carve a day out and go to see the Real Florida.
jmho
Yes, I'm learning a lot here, you've all made it make a lot more sense for me, thanks!

a notebook is for writing. why would he have a computer with him and not a phone... ya know something that require power and charging every few hours. would have been useless to him. he carries notebooks around when hiking to draw in... also as I said earlier in the US, and being from that part of Florida, notebook does not mean computer

and also mentioned this but will again... unless he used a marker, or a marker pen ink is not soluble in water. some is, but I'm assuming it is very unlikely. its soluble in most solvents like alcohol and acetone. go try it at home try out a bunch of pens and pencils... stick them in water after they dry and watch what happens

A lot of NBA games starting. I think it might be good for the mind to step away. I will be watching BE's updates on his Twitter thread and on NewsNation that I have set to record. I don't expect we will hear any bombshell news tonight but I am thankful I can count on all of you if anything does break!

I think it's important to remember that every defendant, every criminal, every murderer has parents, family members, friends. Parents that often wished their child became a doctor or carpenter or salesperson instead. Unless you have actually dealt with families on all sides of a crime, you may not understand that these are often regular people. People who maybe were too busy to notice their kid falling in with the wrong crowd or too nervous to seek mental health services for their child. People who overcame addiction themselves and did everything to try to break the cycle for their own kids.

If you accept that every killer was once just a baby in diapers with a whole life ahead of him or her, you see that there are still real people attached to these crimes. Some people commit horrific murders and they deserve to spend their lives in prison. They deserve to have their liberty taken away. But you can't automatically convict every OTHER person in their lives.

You will meet people who tried for years to get their brother or sister on the right path and had to give up for the sake of their own kids. Do you think those people are celebrating when their sibling commits a serious crime? Or are they beating themselves up thinking back to "one more thing" they could have done to save their loved one?

So if you feel like celebrating that someone gets to live with the hurt, regret, and pain of losing a child, think to your own life first. The idea that an entire family is responsible for the crime of one adult son without knowing any actual facts is just inhumane.
I just do not understand the prose and flowery paragraphs people are writing about the Laundries, when Gabby is the victim and should be the focus. The Laundries had awhile to do the right thing and speak to the Petitos, and could possibly have saved their own kid but chose not to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken