Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes little difference now but if his remains have been found its not gonna make a difference either way.
Well, we don't agree. "If" enough of his remains are found to verify death, then we still might not know if he killed himself. I would think the parents would want to know that. Yes or no.

There could have been other forensic evidence where the Laundries found the bag and the notebook, that they may have preferred that others did not see. I am highly suspicious that they picked up evidence and didn't turn it in for 20-30 minutes according to the reporter tracking them. But I won't mention it anymore, because nothing in the world will make me think it's OK for moving evidence like that. JMO

Picture the scene. You're searching for your missing son who you believe may have killed himself. You see an item that looks likes his.

Based on the above do you:

a. say oh wait a second this could be a crime scene better not touch it.
b. Do you instinctively pick it up, but then head straight to LE with said item?

It's almost like LE was humoring them when The Ls called LE last night and told them they wanted to search again today.
Perhaps LE didn't really expect anything to come of it, considering how the search back has been.
Then the Ls found something.
Then LE took it real seriously and called in the troops.

jmho

I wonder if the L’s knew where he was & just finally told police today? It’s very hard to imagine they really just stumbled on his stuff. Jmo
Well, back in September when they reported him missing and believed he could harm himself, they told LE exactly where they thought he was. And they were right. He was where they said he was, and he (presumedly, we'll wait and see) has killed himself. I don't see that as "finally telling police" - that's what they said the night they reported him missing and that's why the FBI was searching right there for weeks.

There's no proof it even came from that area if the only people who found it were the L's without any other witnesses. There could have been more evidence that was taken from the scene and not handed over to police. Who knows at this point. The fingerprints or DNA aren't the issue because, as you mentioned, it's supposedly been out in the elements and possibly underwater for a month. IMO.
Lord, no now why hand over some evidence and not the rest of it? That makes no sense. And undoubly they showed them the right area cause they found human remains there..

I am highly suspicious that they picked up evidence and didn't turn it in for 20-30 minutes according to the reporter tracking them.
You might have to point me to the article, but did it actually say they picked it up as soon as they were alone?

They may have been on their own for 20 minutes, but I don't think we actually know the time they found the item/s.

Well, we don't agree. "If" enough of his remains are found to verify death, then we still might not know if he killed himself. I would think the parents would want to know that. Yes or no.

There could have been other forensic evidence where the Laundries found the bag and the notebook, that they may have preferred that others did not see. I am highly suspicious that they picked up evidence and didn't turn it in for 20-30 minutes according to the reporter tracking them. But I won't mention it anymore, because nothing in the world will make me think it's OK for moving evidence like that. JMO
If his parents really did carry around evidence for 30 min that is REALLY concerning. I hope LE checked RL’s little red backpack before they sent them home if that is the case. I somehow doubt they did though. MOO

If he’s dead and leaves his estate to his family could gabbys family then sue for that money in a civil suit? I’m English and not great at understanding US law or civil suits and what they are about. Say he had an inheritance and it’s proven he killed GP would her family be able to start a civil suit for that? MOO

Nearly anything is possible in a civil court. But I can't see how the criminal case itself doesn't get closed or at least mothballed. Unless someone wants to start up a second murderer scenario.

I don't think you realize how easy it is to get a gun in the US.
Funny you say that. I know how easy it is to get a gun but the post i was replying to said that he bought the gun with her debit card which we know is not true since the FBI will warn the public that he is armed and dangerous. That is simply how we know he did not buy a gun with her debit card.

Because no one is supposed to touch or move evidence around, even if it's been outside in the elements. Police need to see where it originally was, whether it was sunk in the mud or on top of the ground. And having it in the original position can help them look for other evidence. Once you move something it is tainted, and while the Laundries may be upset, I'm sure someone has told them to call police if they found something. I'm speechless about their search and carrying a bag around for 30 minutes. I tell you, today has really been a whole new level of strange.
Well that's what they are doing now, looking and they found remains so I'm sure they got it all figured out.

Very good point that it could be a computer 'notebook' and not a paper one. Even if paper, and soaked, I'm thinking they will still be able to read most all the pages. Unless he used an ink that doesn't get along with water. I don't remember the ink type, I've just run across it and noticed what happened when it got wet. You can kiss the text goodbye. But also, if he's a heavy writer, they might be able to read the indentations the pen tip made against the paper if the ink is gone. They have ways to do a lot of cool things.

Here is Brian with pens and green spiral paper notebook:

Hiker-reveals-convinced-messed-up-Brian-Laundrie-Appalachian-Trail-911-MF-COMP.jpg

a notebook is for writing. why would he have a computer with him and not a phone... ya know something that require power and charging every few hours. would have been useless to him. he carries notebooks around when hiking to draw in... also as I said earlier in the US, and being from that part of Florida, notebook does not mean computer

and also mentioned this but will again... unless he used a marker, or a marker pen ink is not soluble in water. some is, but I'm assuming it is very unlikely. its soluble in most solvents like alcohol and acetone. go try it at home try out a bunch of pens and pencils... stick them in water after they dry and watch what happens

A notebook can also be a computer. They are smaller, and lighter, therefore would be a good thing to bring along if you were out on the run. You can also facetime, or many other ways, live with someone. I don't do it so apologize for not knowing more on the topic other than it is possible to talk to people over your computer so he wouldn't need a phone. Although... then there's the problem of charging the battery out in the wilderness like he appears to have been.

A notebook computer is a battery- or AC-powered personal computer generally smaller than a briefcase that can easily be transported and conveniently used in temporary spaces such as on airplanes, in libraries, temporary offices, and at meetings. A notebook computer, sometimes called a laptop computer, typically weighs less than 5 pounds and is 3 inches or less in thickness. Among the best-known makers of notebook and laptop computers are IBM, Apple, Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, and Hewlett-Packard.

If he’s dead and leaves his estate to his family could gabbys family then sue for that money in a civil suit? I’m English and not great at understanding US law or civil suits and what they are about. Say he had an inheritance and it’s proven he killed GP would her family be able to start a civil suit for that? MOO

Anyone can sue anyone if the United States for anything. (Serious reply.)

Potentially the Petitos could sue for the money as well as the loss of Gabby. The most famous case in the USA was when OJ Simpson was successfully sued by the victim’s family (the Goldmans) even AFTER OJ was found “not guilty” of murder.

Very good point that it could be a computer 'notebook' and not a paper one. Even if paper, and soaked, I'm thinking they will still be able to read most all the pages. Unless he used an ink that doesn't get along with water. I don't remember the ink type, I've just run across it and noticed what happened when it got wet. You can kiss the text goodbye. But also, if he's a heavy writer, they might be able to read the indentations the pen tip made against the paper if the ink is gone. They have ways to do a lot of cool things.

Here is Brian with pens and green paper spiral notebook:

Regular Notebook

911 call reveals why hiker is convinced he saw Brian on Appalachian Trail

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics