Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty large question to just "ignore". If they really thought that, they would have had no problem saying that to GP's parents. The unanswered texts/calls when someone's child is missing is pretty cold.

It is cold. At least it appears that way from the outside looking in. I do hope the Laundries will make a statement and explain why they felt that was the thing they had to do. That would help ease the angst surrounding the issue.

But, at this point, I feel just as badly for them as I do for Gabby's family. Both lost a child through no fault of their own. This is on Brian. His parents are victims, too.

I have forgotten (had oral surgery yesterday and forgot a lot about yesterday)
but wasn't it the Lee County ME who was called to Myakka when the human remains were found?
jmho
Yes it was. I could not figure out why ?

but wasn't it the Lee County ME who was called to Myakka when the human remains were found?
jmho

Yes it was. I could not figure out why ?

the dry bag was used to drop off food for him over the past few weeks? He would probably need a new bag weekly. Either his parents or a family friend that isn't being watched by LE/media? Anything is possible esp. if LE wasn't watching at night.
It seems obvious to me that they knew exactly where to go. Probably they had been there with him the day he "went missing" or in the days before that to make a plan for future contact. They said they searched several hours that day he went missing, although they subsequently remembered that it was actually the day before that he went missing. So which day was it they searched for hours?

Why did they not keep on looking for him that week? Did the lawyer tell them not to do that either? Why did they never make an appearance asking for the public's help in finding their child. As do the parents of all (most) other missing children.

As I mentioned last night, if he is dead, I hope that enough of his body is found to verify that he is dead, ie vital parts he could not live without. Otherwise, a statement from LE saying that DNA has been identified as Brian's has been found in the swamp.....thousands of conspiracy theories take off.

I don't think he killed himself, if he is indeed deceased. I think he did not have skills to survive in a real wilderness.

IMO

Yes, usually, but does depend on the condition. I am a bit worried if he was in swamp water for 5 weeks… fingers crossed they have enough to test. Coroner said yesterday ID might only take a day or two so hopefully they have some decent material.
I don't know who I heard say this last night on TV but he pointed out that being underwater slows decomposition somewhat which makes time of death a bit tricky, but since his remains were under water, for a period of time there may be more left of him than would have been if he had been on dry land. jmo

If they had spoken up on sept 1 perhaps Brian would have been taken into custody and would still be alive. jmo

You're assuming the parents knew on Sept 1 the full extent of what had happened. IMO they did not. I think all hell broke loose for them on Sept 10. Even then I think things may have unfolded slowly for them. They probably were in a state of shock and disbelief so they held onto the words of their attorney to keep quiet IMO.

He could have been farther away and then returned to the area. I guess it will depend on if it is indeed him and his estimated time of death. IMO.

It's possible that he was farther away initially, and returned to this area because didn't his parents look for him right after he didn't come home? I would think that they would have looked in this area first, as they did yesterday.

But, who knows? This case has taught me not to be too sure of anything based on my assumptions rather than facts and evidence.

So Florida Sheriffs cant find a body less than a mile from the the "last seen" and in a location they were told to look.
All those cop dollars and billables churning for stones and hanging out a crossroads, blundering around in swamp buggies and:

1. They didn't know when Laundry left his parents home.
2. Not one deputy accompanied the
Laundrie's as they searched ay their own request?

That county needs a new sheriff and probably half a department of deputies.

Actully no wonder BL took the bag, he had to go FIND a deputy.
One deputy did not accompany the Laundries on their search. Correct. TWO did. And the press.

It seems obvious to me that they knew exactly where to go. Probably they had been there with him the day he "went missing" or in the days before that to make a plan for future contact. They said they searched several hours that day he went missing, although they subsequently remembered that it was actually the day before that he went missing. So which day was it they searched for hours?

Why did they not keep on looking for him that week? Did the lawyer tell them not to do that either? Why did they never make an appearance asking for the public's help in finding their child. As do the parents of all (most) other missing children.

As I mentioned last night, if he is dead, I hope that enough of his body is found to verify that he is dead, ie vital parts he could not live without. Otherwise, a statement from LE saying that DNA has been identified as Brian's has been found in the swamp.....thousands of conspiracy theories take off.

I don't think he killed himself, if he is indeed deceased. I think he did not have skills to survive in a real wilderness.

IMO
Yes, this is what I'm thinking too. IMO.

I have a question. If you want an email to be sent at a specific date in the future, how does that work?
How far in advance can you schedule an email?

I did not know this could be done. Please do tell how do you do that
Is it then stored on your device, or is it already on a server somewhere?
Can you recall it if you don't want it to be sent at the date you scheduled it to be sent?
If it's not on a server but on your device, does your device have to be on stand by?
And how long does a full battery remain on standby and able to send off a scheduled email?

I'm wondering if BL scheduled an email for his parents with a location and instructions to be received after 4-5 weeks?
And then leave his notebook and belongings stored in waterproof bags, up in a tree or something. And subsequently walk into alligator infested waters and shoot himself?

jmho
I believe so. Hope your feeling today.

ACLU Florida | Know Your Rights: Protests & Demonstrations

seems this applies

New Crimes: Mob Intimidation

Even if something is not deemed a riot, it could be deemed mob intimidation, which carries a penalty of up to a year in jail:

It is unlawful for a person, assembled with two or more other persons and acting with a common intent, to use force or threaten to use imminent force, to compel or induce, or attempt to compel or induce, another person to do or refrain from doing any act or to assume, abandon, or maintain a particular viewpoint against his or her will.

I don't know who I heard say this last night on TV but he pointed out that being underwater slows decomposition somewhat which makes time of death a bit tricky, but since his remains were under water, for a period of time there may be more left of him than would have been if he had been on dry land. jmo
Interesting!! I just assumed otherwise but it makes sense because he wasn’t out in the sun.

Cold water slows, warm water speeds.
( Gross simplification but iirc that's the general rule for temperature/bodies in water. I'm assuming they've done DNA from a bone fragment & that's why it's taken longer but on that I'd defer to somebody who's more up to date)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998