Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

not looking but just wanted to say thanks for your research :)

IHAVENOCLUE, tezi, dacjess and 3 others like this.

2. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

It depends on which prison you're sent to. Some are way better than others.

tezi likes this.
  3. avalonisland

avalonisland Well-Known Member

Good points. And the fact that both BL's parents and BL kept Cassie in the dark, as no mention whatsoever to Cassie about GP, yet BL and BL's parents surprise Cassie and her young boys with a visit on 9/1/21 and then again invite Cassie and boys to a smores happy family camping outing around 9/6/21 between Noon and 8pm with GP's name off limits. Just strange. GP and BL dated for like 2 years and lived at or near BL's parents FL place. Plus, GP last facetimed Cassie and also GP's Mom on 8/25/21. Bizarre.

4. LAhiker

LAhiker Well-Known Member

I don't know if the Ls could have planted the evidence, but some questions do arise:
    • Did they know it was there? If so, how and when did they know? Was it a favorite place of BL's? Did they have other info that led them to that spot? Were they just lucky?
    • If the remains are BL's, what did they know about his whereabouts as the search progressed? Were they in communication with him?
    • Could an associate have planted it? This seems unlikely, but should be ruled out.
    • Why did they pick up the bag instead of simply alerting LE to it? Did they take anything out or put it into the bag?
    • Why were the items and remains not found in previous searches? The answer may be as simple as those things being underwater, but knowing why may help LE in future searches.
    JMO

5. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

Exactly. As a survivor of this exact thing, I concur. They aren't out of it when they are doing it, they are doing it with purpose and likely taunting the victim at the same time.

6. la_cavalière

la_cavalière Active Member

THIS

7. cady

cady Well-Known Member

I think he chose the least painful way. JMO

8. pcap

pcap Well-Known Member

OK.. But what is your point? You're saying the police did shoddy work which you don't agree with? Fine. But are you saying something else? I can't go there. No body or evidence was planted.

9. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I always ask the same question about suicide.
    Violent or non violent?
    He could very well have taken something to put himself to sleep, we don't know it was violent but the swamp has violence and danger because of the wild animals..

10. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

Does skeletal remains make it even weirder for anyone else? I understood partial remains but skeletal? I guess the animal activity there changes things a lot. Up north a body seems to have a lot of “flesh” left even if submerged in a river for months. JMO.

11. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal Well-Known Member

I don't find it all that strange they took the mustang back to the house. LE was going to tow it, so it would have been removed either way.

If Brian wanted to come home, it would have been quite easy for him to contact them. This was a popular park with countless people around who had cell phones. It's not actual wilderness. jmo

12. pcap

pcap Well-Known Member

I agree. And the least painful method certainly isn't drowning.

13. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

Just the regular YouTube app doesn’t stream the show. Sometimes NewsNation will post the full episode on their YouTube channel as a video after it airs live. They don’t do that all the time, but sometimes they do. They do post clips from the show on their YouTube channel everyday tho. :)

kath4557 and Lillymac like this.
  14. zucchinibread

zucchinibread Well-Known Member

I think the question that arises from YOUR questions for me is: what would the benefit be of planting evidence for the Laundries, especially if they really did suspect he was still in the park (which would mean dead)? All eyes have been on them for weeks and their home is probably tapped by the FBI. There is no logistical way any of these wild conspiracy theories make any sense. They're convoluted and complicated.

(I know you were responding to someone else so these questions do not necessarily reflect what you think happened.) :)

sripey, Mo Thuairim, TL4S and 4 others like this.
  15. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

And honestly not that far a walk for someone used to hiking. Jmo.

16. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Well-Known Member

How is it bizarre the Petito reached out on the 10th . 9/1 and 9/6 were both before the 10th ...

TL4S and CharlestonGal like this.
  17. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

It's beautiful and peaceful to be surrounded by nature, far from the sound and pollution of cities and other humans. I adore our swampy parks here and love to hike them with my camera.

18. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

Why do you have such a problem with differing opinions? That is what is done here. The circumstantial evidence against him is more than convincing for most people. So can he be two people? Most DV partners are. They are very charming when they choose to be. Very pleasant company when things go their way. If they were not then no one would ever fall in love with them to begin with.
    The 911 caller in MOAB witnessed BL slapping Gabby in public. Two different personalities indeed.
    Jmo

19. pcap

pcap Well-Known Member

You can watch it live on their website. NewsNation Streaming Live

IHAVENOCLUE likes this.
  20. zucchinibread

zucchinibread Well-Known Member

I personally know three men who have committed suicide and all three were excruciatingly painful ways to die. I could never understand why they chose those methods, especially since one of them was a timid teenager who would never hurt a fly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.