Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

I may have read more into that coworker’s statement but the person also didn’t want to go too far into detail. I’m probably reading between the lines. The people at Merry Piglets saw an example, the outburst that left the waitress visibly shaken. Who does that in a restaurant, and leaves and comes back four times to escalate the argument?

Some people do not believe that person’s account of what happened is accurate since she could not tell them exactly what the couple was talking about. But it’s easy to observe actions and expressions on faces and know the people are arguing, and see that the man was terribly angry. You can’t always hear what people next to you are saying in a busy restaurant with loads of customers, all having conversations. We’re not talking about a fine dining establishment where people are more subdued.

There have also been a few statements by former classmates but I just looked and can’t find them now, no doubt buried in all of the BL media frenzy.

Moo

Shadow@light, esayer, b335t and 4 others like this.

2. Bluepopsicle

Bluepopsicle Well-Known Member

I agree, the FBI and the Laundries don’t owe the public anything. What has me scratching my head right now, is Bertilino’s statement last night on CNN, that he had reported Brian missing on Sept 13 to the FBI. That changes a lot for me if true, but I wonder why he wouldn’t have made that statement weeks ago. Or at the very least, texted that to one of the many reporters he was having back-and-forths with. That seems off to me.

3. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

Alligators can crush and eat bones.

Brubon, Seenit, Lore Listener and 4 others like this.
  4. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

we do have guns in the UK - they are used for hunting and other gun sports.

crhedBngr, Seenit, cady and 1 other person like this.
  5. Coquette

Coquette Observer

My opinion only.

While I really appreciate this very creative piece of fan fiction, I do believe the realities of this case are sadly far less exciting. Sometimes things are really what they seem.

Welcome to WS @Hunch1.

6. jjonez

jjonez Well-Known Member

At this time, this is the only reference I can find to the bag and black item being separate, it’s a little ways down the page. Maybe if you dig into the comments, the reporter replies back with more info? I don’t have Twitter so I can’t read all the deep comments

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikerreports/with_replies

Seenit likes this.
  7. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

If someone calls the FBI and says someone is missing, the FBI would inform them it's not their jurisdiction and tell them to call their local PD. Just like Gabby's parents had when they called NPPD.

LietKynes, Seenit and squareandrabbet like this.
  8. Nikynoo

Perhaps they wanted to try phones out in person? Perhaps they had a set up query with the new phone. Us oldies, like to be shown how things work by a human.

9. Ruminations

Ruminations Eating ice cream.

By "reported" does he really mean he told them, "No, I can't produce him for questioning- I don't know where he is myself."

JMO and speculation, but I think if FBI felt he was missing missing, not uncooperative missing, they would have asked that local law enforcement take the report and enter it intoNCIC.

Does anyone know if FBI would directly take a report?

Seenit and Nikynoo like this.
  10. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

And then this morning, SB said he reported BL missing on either the 13th or the morning of the 14th. He's a hot mess.

jash, GoneGoldfishin', Seenit and 8 others like this.
  11. Nikynoo

But was the FBI the lead agency at that point? If so, perhaps SBs call to them was a courtesy call?

Seenit and Lillymac like this.
  12. CLGM

CLGM Well-Known Member

What tweet?

Seenit, LMDlong and passionflower like this.
  13. RedDaisys

RedDaisys Well-Known Member

Wow, what does this mean for the L’s?

Seenit likes this.
  14. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

Oh, I never heard any of that! I'm going simply by what we saw the day BL was reported missing, as well as the fact that the search parties were wearing protective kevlar. It makes it seem as though they had reason to think he *might* have a gun.

esayer, Seenit, waldojabba and 2 others like this.
  15. r131313

r131313 Well-Known Member

No.

Seenit, kimch33kim and ThoughtFox like this.
  16. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Graphic warning below :

I have some theories which of course are unpleasant. :(
    Found in a foggy swamp (and not falling from a cliff which could fragment bones) ... so, maybe animal predation ?
    Although-- wouldn't an alligator attack leave the skull mostly intact ?
    Decomp wouldn't cause a skull to fragment, correct ?

Boggles the mind to think this might not be Brian --- which leads me to other theories.
    Imo.

I hope that 'intelligence' gathered by LE wasn't just SB and the Laundrie's words, and nothing else ! :rolleyes:
    MOO.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Seenit, Lore Listener and Bekind89 like this.
  17. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

I have my doubts too. The article seems tailored to material from news stories According to the co-worker, GP wanted to travel, BL wanted to visit national parks, BL liked to draw.... The author DID verify BL had worked there but it's not clear when or if the particular co-worker worked with BL.

JMO

18. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

Slapping a person is abusive. If I were to go up to a person and haul off and slapp them I would rightly be arrested for assault. It is not acceptable behavior and it is not normal or harmless. It is violent and the violence escalated, IMHO. How do you suppose Gabby ended up in that creek bed, dead? Why would he take her van and leave if he did nothing to her?
    Why would he hide in a swamp and possibly/probably commit suicide if he were innocent? Why avoid her family? Jmo

19. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

You might take a phone there in person for diagnosis, and to prove to the provider you're not nuts when you say whatever is going wrong, is in fact going wrong.

I once took a phone in-person to a Verizon store and it wasn't very useful, because it literally WAS a problem with the network and I knew it before they did in the store; but the fact remains, the brick and mortar stores still exist and there must be a reason for them. Maybe they bought him a PYG phone and wanted a card with minutes?

Seenit and Nikynoo like this.
  20. Nudgee

Nudgee FLY EAGLES FLY.....

As a South Floridian, I totally agree with what you said. Yes, we have gators. All our lakes around our neighborhoods have posted signs to be aware of alligators. My Mom lives on a lake where on occasion, a gator may float by her kitchen sliding glass door minding it’s own business. FWC is called in and the gator is removed and placed back out in the Everglades. Our water is sourced through hundreds of canals and the gators find their way through to local lakes. We are surrounded by water/canals everywhere. At times a gator will find its way into a homes pool & again, FWC is called in. Some of you may have recently seen an NFL player trap a gator in a trash can (oh my, I would not have done that …lol). We probably have more missing people who probably have driven off the road into a canal than anything gator related. The canals are super deep & sadly recovering of some people is never found, or at least many years later. The rain on that side of the coast was very intense during Sept. If the remains are BL’s, or whomever the remains belong to for that matter , my first thought would be natural human decomposition over time, especially if under water, under extremely high humidity and stagnation in a swampy area, and sunlight….add in the insects. Alligator activity would be low on my guess. But I don’t know the area where all this is taking place so I could be way wrong. Time will tell hopefully.
    ETA: we also have lots of turkey vultures… they feast on anything on the side of the road. I’d put a vulture being involved over an alligator (sorry, not something one wants to think about)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Ooohm, B4igo2it, Seenit and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.