Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Well-Known Member

SB never said Cassie was not being truthful.
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1443999448460374018/photo/1

I wish the misinformation will stop spreading people are taking misinformation as fact and keep repeating it. JMO

2. Born2BWild

Born2BWild Well-Known Member

You literally cannot force a person to speak, civil or criminal. I guess my point is that in a civil case the two parties are both civilians (not a prosecutor charging) so by not responding to the plaintiffs questions, the inference is not good and more likely would favor the plaintiffs.

Which_pancake and SkidRogue like this.
  3. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

I agree with you. There have been posts that mention his suicide (if his death was by his own hand) resulting from guilt or shame, even remorse. But personally I believe he did so because he could not face a trial or prison....no, he could not accept to be controlled by others. He needed to be in control.....just like being in control of Gabby, in control of whatever the issue was in that last outing to the Piggy place (forgot the name), etc. There was no other way out for him.

4. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Well-Known Member

Finding the TRUTH about what happened. What evidence is there? Anywhere? From Gabby or Brian to provide insight and the truth about what happened.

5. agilbe

agilbe Well-Known Member

I agree with you. The only think is they still don't know exactly what happened. That is something they as parents would want to know. I believe they will need that information to finally move on. JMO

mommadukes, Cindizzi and 2.curious like this.
  6. Diogenetic

Diogenetic Well-Known Member

So he was doing the right things for his clients, which is his job

CharlestonGal, r131313 and kimch33kim like this.
  7. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

But the young couple had a pattern of breaking up/parting from each other. I do ponder two scenarios though. Did either parent look inside the van? Was Gabby's stuff still there? Because if my kid came home with a van registered to someone else, their SO, I would ask how that person was now carting their stuff around. How are they moving around the Western US without the van? I'd ask my kid if it was such a bad break-up that they aren't speaking at all.

And of course, I"d answer the phone from the other family.

I tend to think, therefore, that BL may have taken Gabby's few belongings out of the van to make it look as if she was now continuing onward with her vlogging, by bus or in the company of someone else. If her stuff was still there, boy would I be upset and suspicious.

The Laundrie way of handling this has left me with many questions.

abr, Traymar, danij614 and 11 others like this.
  8. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

I'm just not really seeing this surviving a motion to dismiss (failure to state a claim on which relief can be granted). Without seeing or knowing anything of FL's laws on intentional infliction of emotional distress in particular, can't really say with any precision, but every civil suit requires that you allege facts that, if true, at least meet the basic requirements of a claim. It's not a particularly high burden, but it creates a baseline for a lawsuit to go forward into discovery, etc.

A glaring issue in general would be the "intentional" part of such a claim. Generally that would mean some level of intending to cause the harm to the Ps/Ss, not just intentionally not speaking publicly during the investigation (which was their right, as well).

Just filing a lawsuit doesn't mean you now have power to force people to speak on anything under the sun.

9. r131313

r131313 Well-Known Member

I assumed that was self explanatory.

Maligned1 likes this.
  10. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Go after the Laundrie's for answers.

11. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Thank you. Me too. I was so despondent. I just couldn’t take the pain anymore and Oh,,,,,anybody, everybody -tell somebody…just say it out loud to someone and ask for help…

Ooohm, Lurkiee, ToastIsUp and 18 others like this.
  12. Coquette

Coquette Observer

I lost a dear friend to suicide 3 years ago. The first attempt with pills didn't work, but the next time she used a gun. I'm so glad there was no next time for you.

The image of that note in an old file in a dusty box. I felt that.

Thank you for your honesty and for sharing your story, @imstilla.grandma.

TheRaven, Diddian, jash and 18 others like this.
  13. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

I'd love to her what John Walsh thinks about Brian's death now.

ToastIsUp, SMK777, scorpie and 3 others like this.
  14. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Wow! So apparently teeth were found, which would make me wonder if the remains included a skull or jaw bone, etc. Hopefully it wasn't just loose teeth.
    I wish he could have faced the consequences for his behavior and at the same time I am glad that he is no longer on the loose putting the public in possible danger. There are few things more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose. IMO.

15. Recidivist

Recidivist Well-Known Member

To bring a civil suit, you would first need a cause of action.

CharlestonGal, NCWatcher and r131313 like this.
  16. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I don't know enough to say. I have been so busy. It depends on what they did.

Sunny123, crhedBngr and LinasK like this.
  17. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

Maybe but that's a criminal charge. It's not something the family can sue for in a civil action. It's an action that can be brought by the State (as in federal or small "s" state.) Not that I think there is any evidence the Laundries aided and abetted a fugitive from facing justice--- on the CC charge. Remember he wasn't a fugitive based on GP's death.
    JMO

CharlestonGal, RANCH and LMDlong like this.
  18. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

But he was wanted before he died. Not for murder but for credit card fraud. He was wanted.

19. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

9/17:
    “You know what. Forget helping at this point. We know that he’s a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest right now,” Joe says on Friday, September 17, after expressing frustration that Laundrie was not cooperating with authorities. “There are ways that he could turn around, through his parents or whoever knows something in that house that can give us information without incriminating somebody. I don’t care right now. I want my daughter. The entire planet is invested in this and looking for her and there are three people in North Port who haven’t lifted a finger.”

They got into another argument on August 12, during which she had “gone into a manic state” becuase she thought he was “going to leave her in Moab without a ride.”
    [​IMG]
    Gabby Petito's Dad Says Brian Laundrie Was 'Useless' Before Disappearance

20. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

Florida's Government-in-the-Sunshine Law was enacted in 1967. Today, the Sunshine Law regarding open government can be found in Chapter 286 of the Florida Statutes. These statutes establish a basic right of access to most meetings of boards, commissions and other governing bodies of state and local governmental agencies or authorities.

ETA: former and current law enforcement and former and current financials investigators are exempt.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Trooper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.