Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of defeats the point if you don't carry a mobile phone around. But the lack of moment can point at a suspect.

Oh VPN's. While I support the use of VPN's for most users. The simple fact is that anything the FBI wants the FBI gets.

So the easiest way to get around vpn's, is simply look for the human to fail to use them. Now lets say that you use your vpn all the time. Then, it is easy to put down a honey pot for you.

Lets say that you always visit this website at 9:30. It is simple for most agencies to insert malicious code into your stream of this site. It infects your computer with out you knowing and tells the agency anything they want.

There is also weakness in the code it self that the fbi has used. Personally. VPN will slow them down, but they can always get between you and your final site.

Doesn't defeat the point if you're not needing to move around. If I want to be in contact with someone incog, I may or may want to use it only when I am in a certain place. Like, say, to check in with someone I don't want to be associated with, more so than me being on the run (or whatever) and not wanting to be tracked.

But yeah, I was specifically asking about the identification of purchased SIM cards through the use of spoof towers as you explained them previously. You'd said - iirc - that those SIMS are ultimately identified through a sort of sifting process, the gist if which seemed to be based on sorting and sifting physical location, and that this "defeats" burners. So I was trying to understand whether that process would still work (or be impacted at all) if Tor and/or a VPN were also used (I understand these are all addressing different parts of privacy), and whether the sifting process has anything to sift if you're always connecting to public wifi from the same area covered by the spoof tower.

IMO, LE was negligent in not handling the discovery of the articles the parents found. Parents should have been instructed what to do if evidence was discovered and to let LE know and to not touch it. LE just let them hand it over to them, without even wearing gloves or anything. Really?

If the criminal is dead and so is his victim, what's the point of worrying about evidence? There won't ever be a trial.

Eight years ago I wrote ‘that’ note for my family, swallowed a bottle of pills, that was hard, the second one was even harder-the hardest thing I’ve ever made myself do. I’m alive talking to y’all so I was found in time. The bravest thing I’ve ever done is look each one in their face, beg for forgiveness and start all over. The police kept that note. Everyone read it including police and first responders. They let my family call my oldest daughter and read it on the phone. They said the only way I could retrieve it is to go and sign for it. It’s still there at the PD in some old file folder in a dusty box…

I'm so glad you got the help you needed and that you were brave enough to take it and start over. I'm sure your family cherishes every minute you're still here. Hugs!

Brian did not evade law enforcement prior to his going missing. LE knew where he was. They could have picked him up at any time.

I do think it is possible Brian confessed to his parents at some point. If so, I expect that information to be shared with the media and/or the Petito family eventually. Might as well at this point.

I don't believe this is accurate. Do you have a link to this that is after his flight was officially reported - not from the night before his MP report was taken? MOO

So, I was offline all day and I can't tell what's going on. I see that BL was positively identified. I can't tell what else is chatter/speculation/talk... is there anything interesting that's happened beyond the confirmation of the identity of the remains?

couldnt one just buy multiple burner cards/cheap phones and use them once destroy both, use next.

Yes, you absolutely could do this also.

"Burner phones" aren't specifically manufactured for one purpose; they're simply manufactured more to take the place of a pay phone.

There's a case coming out of Idaho, for example, the Lori Vallow case; where it's starting to look like their <modsnip> idea of "burner phones" consisted of "buy 20 cheap PYG phones; tell Person A to call Number 1, and then after they do so, tell them to hang up and call your Number 2 phone; keep all 20 phones in a duffel bag you tote around at all times", instead of sensibly throwing Number 1 in a river after a week or so.

Yep, this I agree with 100%. Maybe it was just something like, "I'm going to that place where we saw the great blue heron last year, Dad." Then, he was probably supposed to get in touch with them again somehow. When he didn't, after waiting for weeks, their fear became too great. They were finally broken by exhaustion and worry.

I'm kind of shocked they weren't broken by the protestors.

IMO, if both aren't significantly literally deaf, this had more to do with the fact that they heavily suspected, based upon instinct or what Brian had told them, what had actually happened with respect to Gabby's likely murder at his hands; because otherwise there's little to no reason not to wave the white flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did escape justice, IMO. Ask any family member of a murder victim where the perpetrator has absconded or committed suicide. I would think they feel somewhat cheated.

The judicial system doesn't always provide the justice a victim's family yearns for. There is no guarantee a suspect will be found guilty or the length of any sentence. Even with a sentence of 30 years a 23 year old man would still be relatively young when released. Young enough to marry and start a family. I doubt that would seem just to a murder victim's family. IMO.

I don't agree that your feeling is likely accurate but that's neither here nor there. I just don't see that EVEN IF the Laundries aided Brian after the fact, that is something they can be sued for by GP's family. People keep mentioning OJ being sued by the Goldmans. But OJ was the suspected killer! And he was sued for wrongful death. I think it's a safe bet the Laundries didn't kill GP.
JMO
The Petitos and Schmidts (actually their lawyer) already know if they have the necessary elements made out. We don't though. MOO

A choice a mistake not sure what the difference is knowing now they weren't lying. It was a mistake on the Laundries part to ignore the parents or to not reach out to the Petito's. Of course it was a choice, but its a mistake they made. I never said it was a choice or not a choice, so it's confusing why you pointed that out from my comment about it?
The difference is intent. A mistake is something you didn't intend to do whereas a choice is deliberate. It seemed appropriate to me to point that out but no biggie if you don't see the difference. ;) MOO

I'm talking about the very instance Bl and family lawyered up and Gabby was reported missing, Gabby's van was discovered, in other words, during that timeline, LE should have had BL under surveillance.
Sheriff Judd Grady of Polk County said that he would have taken him inright away for stealing the van.

A lawsuit shouldn’t be necessary to gain information….aside from police files the person responsible is dead. The purpose of a civil suit is to seek compensation for being harmed.

There never will be a good answer as to what happened. If GP knew BL was capable of murder she would NOT have planned a cross country adventure with him. Sadly sometimes in life there just isn’t always answers, it just takes time to move on.

Oh believe me, making info public is a big plus. I was the plaintiff in a med mal suit and the info that came to light was tremendous. Sometimes justice and vindication comes in many forms.

Petito's family will speak "at the appropriate time and when they are emotionally ready," lawyer says

From CNN’s Randi Kaye

Richard Stafford, lawyer for Gabby Petito's family, said they will not give any interviews or make any statements right now following the news that human remains found in Florida belong to her fiancé, Brian Laundrie.

“They are grieving the loss of their beautiful daughter. Gabby’s family will make a statement at the appropriate time and when they are emotionally ready,” Stafford said.

Live updates: Brian Laundrie search

I stand corrected.
I could have sworn the Petito family said they included Cassie in their frantic calls/texts.
I guess only the phone records would confirm if Cassie's phone ever received those calls.

They did say that but it was in a sentence where they named everyone-- Brian, his mother, his father, his sister...and I honestly wondered if all those calls were made or if her family just thought about trying to reach all those people. When people are panicked it's not always clear what happened.

Realistically how likely is it they had the phone number (cell, landline) for their 22-year old daughter's boyfriend's 9 years older & married with children sister? I know some posts say it's possible to buy databases to get cell numbers. I didn't know that and if they didn't, I doubt they did that when in a panic.

Cassie said she didn't get a call. She could have had her ringer off, or didn't hear the ring, or didn't know the number...

But even if someone tried to call her on Sept 10 as the family may have done, what could she have told them that would help?

JMO

If the criminal is dead and so is his victim, what's the point of worrying about evidence? There won't ever be a trial.

In case he wasn't the murderer and there's a maniac running around looking for another victim. Not likely in this case, as all signs point to BL as the perpetrator, but no one will know for sure until the evidence is presented. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam