Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. browneyes

browneyes Well-Known Member

The million dollar question, IMO.

2. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

^^^^this!!!

3. ringbearer

ringbearer Well-Known Member

They can't try or convict a dead guy, and they've confirmed he's a dead guy. The rest is just paperwork. The only case pending is for using the credit cards. jmo

4. BCSleuth

BCSleuth Well-Known Member

The water receded. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2021
  5. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

I find people's cell numbers all the time online. Often very minimal sleuthing involved if you have their name, or are connected via social media, or have other basic info.

(Second includes a lot of info about the usual reverse lookups when you gave the number and no name, but also some about this situation, the reverse)

Use These Strategies to Find Someone's Phone Number Online

5 Best Ways to Find or Lookup a Cell Phone Number Online

6. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I don't answer my phone for days on end. My kids and grandkids know how to reach me without calling and the grandkids' school is on my "allow notifications" list. Everyone else is blocked from my view. I do not check voicemails.

I've gotten worse as I've gotten older, if you consider this some kind of flaw.

I get 40-50 texts a day, mostly spam. If I recognize a name on voicemail, I read the transcript and message them. Eventually.

7. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

I'm included in the group of those who think he is responsible. However, my opinion nor anyone else's opinion is enough to convict someone. The evidence will reveal who is responsible for Gabby's death. IMO.

DeDee, Marmlet, Curious-A and 5 others like this.
  8. FindingJoLee

FindingJoLee Well-Known Member

This would be such a beautiful way to honor Gabby!

9. simon magus

simon magus Well-Known Member

i'd like to know how deep the water actually was and at what time...i've seen or heard it stated that the water was knee-deep, waist-deep, and neck-deep on this site and from various media...

10. Dontknow?

Dontknow? Well-Known Member

11. ringbearer

He can't be convicted because he's deaed, so the "evidence" is irrelevant unless you (general you) think someone else may have done it. <modsnip> all jmo

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2021
  12. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

If the Mustang was filled with re-supply then why would his parents take the car with the inclusive supplies to their home? I believe the Mustang could have legally stayed in place as long as five days without being towed away.

If you cannot understand the strong desire for a parent to protect their child, especially from a possible suicide, then it's not something I can teach you. It comes naturally for me. It's an innate instinct.

13. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Except that (from the way I'm reading it) LE had already found the backpack and remains prior to seeing what CL found.

Brian Laundrie's parents search bushes & quickly appear with mystery white bag

"They looked at the contents of the bag," the lawyer explained.

"At that time, law enforcement officers showed him a picture on the phone of a backpack that law enforcement had located also nearby, and also some distance off the trail."

The Laundries were then asked to leave the park as investigators continued combing the area.

lastkiss and Which_pancake like this.
  14. Nocturnal19

Nocturnal19 Well-Known Member

Has there been any clarification from SB on what transpired during the "suspicious incident" at 11:30pm on 9/18? report:

"A third redacted report —incident No. 21-054246, at 11:22 p.m. dated Sept. 18 notes a “suspicious incident” at the intersection of Balboa Terrace and Delmar Drive in North Port.

Delmar Drive is a bit of a beaten trail of a road that drags along Big Slough in the middle of North Port. There are no homes on Delmar Drive; and only a handful along Balboa Terrance."
    [​IMG]Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

Also-- was it confirmed that Chris Laundrie went looking for BL the night he went missing for 4-5 hours? Surely he would have found something if BL died that day and they checked the same spot where they just discovered his belongings?

***MOO/ all speculation: <modsnip - no link/reference to rumors> the timeline would make sense... CL goes to the reserve on afternoon of the 13th, locates the Mustang and realizes the glock is missing. He looks around for a few hours, but did not locate anything so he allows a few days to see if BL may change his mind. When he didn't return, CL collected the abandoned vehicle and gave a few more days to "ensure" BL had time to take his life before reporting him missing.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2021
  15. Backhoe411

Backhoe411 Active Member

Yup, it is not a closed case. I.am with you all in seeing this case solved, as no other poi were mentoned, can we expect a resolution? I might suspect the investigation is taking a different venue.

16. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Joe Petito did in fact state that they called Cassie. He did it on his first Dr. Phil appearance alone and he did it in print.

'Petito said his family began worrying after several days without hearing from their daughter.
    “We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.” Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in his daughter’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him. I hope they get what’s coming, and that includes his folks,” Petito said. “Because I’ll tell you, right now, they are just as complicit, in my book.”

FBI searches Florida home of Petito's boyfriend; autopsy scheduled for Tuesday

Cassie did say in her interview that she did not get any calls from him but this does not change JP's statements that he did call her. MOO

17. Thinker22

Thinker22 Well-Known Member

BL has been named as a person if interest in the murder of GP. There may be other POIs and other suspects. We simply don't have that information. Investigators and courts need to follow this through to its conclusion.

18. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-...firmed-to-be-gabby-petito-person-of-interest/

Rick Stafford, the attorney representing Petito’s family, responded to the news of the remains on Thursday evening and said the family would not be making any statements at this time.

“They are grieving the loss of their beautiful daughter,” the statement said. “Gabby’s family will make a statement at the appropriate time and when they are emotionally ready.”

19. ringbearer

Ok. I'll bet you a donut it won't happen here. jmo

CarmelEyesD and RANCH like this.
  20. BuySellTrade

BuySellTrade Well-Known Member

If BL died by gun, hope that the gun is found nearby.

I always thought that the only reason BL would go into the swamp was for suicide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.