Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I thought I remembered reading that somewhere!

2. Floridagirl1006

Floridagirl1006 Well-Known Member

Yes! Finding a body in Florida is actually hard compared to the northeast where I originally from!

Idon'tneedthesame and Trooper like this.
  3. ringbearer

ringbearer Well-Known Member

The OP referred to the pending case not being closed. That's what my post was responding to. The only open case is the fraud case and there will never be a criminal case imvso.

Rush4087, 10ofRods and r131313 like this.
  4. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

So far as I know, they didn't live at Cassie's current house. It's my understanding that Cassie and her family moved to their current house later. So a landline number likely would have changed.

I admit, it's a bit unclear where GP & BL lived. Was it the parents' house,? A condo the parents paid for? Cassie's? We don't know. But we have never been told by anyone they tried to call Cassie "hundreds" of times. And why would they? Why would BL's older sister know where GP or BL was?

JMO

RANCH, OceanElix and CharlestonGal like this.
  5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I think this is well thought out and very possible
    JMO

6. Lux et Veritas

Lux et Veritas Well-Known Member

I'm thrilled the gators maybe? got a small snack here and there but I'm totally pissed off he will never face a court and jury.

7. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

My interpretation is that LE found the backpack during the time that the Laundries were there searching. Laundries found other articles. Afterwards LE scoured the immediate surroundings and found the remains.

mlhenn, Cindizzi, housewife and 8 others like this.
  8. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

There's still the matter of Fort De Soto, getting a clean phone, and possibly aiding in preparation to flee. We just don't know yet. Though, I will say that if forensics comes back and state yes - these remains have been here for 6 weeks, then I think this reduces the parents exposure significantly. JMO IMO

Edit: And, if they can determine COD as suicide as opposed to accidental (elements/environment/wildlife). MOO

angelwngs, housewife, UKUS and 4 others like this.
  9. SkidRogue

SkidRogue Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I understand but still have a different POV. I have always seen them as kind of son-obsessed parents. My mom was like that -- a son-worshiper. BL was their only son and the baby by 9 years. It's old-fashioned but some folks think that way today. I believe the protests and the media attention were horrible for them, but nothing compared to the possible death of their child. In fact, it doesn't seem like they've acted out of "self-interest" at any time, always Brian's interest.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    DeDee, Mishmish, SUNchips and 7 others like this.
  10. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

CL found the white bag (called a dry bag?) and LE found the backpack and remains nearby.

11. putnam6

putnam6 Same as it ever was...

Very well put, much more succinctly than I'm capable of...

12. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Lots of parents take the view that they should always believe their kid. "Don't answer her mom's phone - she's using it to try and call me and change my mind again - I tried to break up with her, but I'm helpless and couldn't do it. I need to go zero contact! HALP!::"

13. The Handyman

The Handyman Well-Known Member

If he died by suicide, then I seriously don't believe he did it because he felt remorse over Gabby's death. Much more likely that he had come to believe that he would get caught and did not want to have to deal with spending the rest of his life in jail.

14. simplemind

simplemind Well-Known Member

Other than dumb luck and an educated guess, the only scenario that could make sense is they found him out there alive one of the times they went to look in mid September and tried to convince him unsuccessfully to come home. Maybe they even left the dry bag w supplies when they couldn't find him upon a second return. That seems unlikely but could explain the very specific area ChL honed in on. The urgency from the Laundries with searching that area in recent weeks was an interesting change to note but perhaps that is not the case outside of what the public could see behind the scenes.. or likely was a strategic move by SB to make sure they couldn't be charged with obstruction or aiding, etc. We'll get more answers in the coming weeks and months but I'm sure there will always be lingering questions.

15. cady

cady Well-Known Member

If BL managed to get into the area where his remains were found on the 13th and killed himself then, his parents, in their 4hour hunt for him the next day would have been able to get in there too. Prior to flooding and receding. Also, if he killed himself on the 13th, all he knew was that Gabby had been reported to be missing. Nothing else. He wasn't a fugitive at that time. jmo Still, he killed himself, or was killed by one hungry or frightened animal. JMO But the parents left the Mustang overnight.

16. Coquette

Coquette Observer

BL has not been formally named by the FBI as the person who killed GP. Until this happens, it is my understanding that the case remains open. @Alethea Legally what are the next steps?

SUNchips, Van Helsing, mlhenn and 4 others like this.
  17. michelasr

michelasr Member

Just curious to know what do you guys think kept fbi going back to the reserve

18. Idon'tneedthesame

Idon'tneedthesame Well-Known Member

I agree. I think he only cared about himself.

19. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

I always meant to "get around to" that (the Wire). It received such excellent reviews.

20. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

You know, idk exactly. Didn’t the Ls go in first by themselves? I go back and forth.
    Oooh! Video. Ugh! Remains been there for awhile. Belongings found by Father laundrie. Reporters confused too. Notebook contents not revealed.notebook quite wet, gonna try to dry it out. Eta: Gabby, federal case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.