Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clients dead. That’s not generally considered a positive result. He could have cooperated, expressed contrition & obtained a favorable plea arrangement. I truly don’t understand either the parents or the lawyer. This wasn’t going away. Long term what was their plan? I would have also likely checked him into a mental health facility. Instead they all pretend everything is hunky dory.

So he was doing the right things for his clients, which is his job

If they thought BL was a danger to himself and walked off why not reach out to local law enforcement immediately and aggressively follow-up. They must have been conflicted in wanting to make sure he was safe but also giving him space or a chance to run? Hindsight maybe. I hope everyone affected by BL's actions find peace.
Exactly. Brian desperately needed help, and he would not get it as a fugitive. I would want my son alive. Otherwise he is only risking further charges and death on the run.
The devil you know is better than the devil you don't. Captured and alive is better than running and risking it all.

From prior thread-

But why would he want his body concealed, is (one of my) question? It seems reasonable not to want to be on display, but knowing that there was or would soon be a manhunt, I guess I'd expect him/someone in his position who'd decided to kill himself to want to be pretty easily found - ie not actually in/under swamp water. o_O
Alligators like to wedge their dinner under something on the bottom of the swamp to tenderize.

From prior thread-

But why would he want his body concealed, is (one of my) question? It seems reasonable not to want to be on display, but knowing that there was or would soon be a manhunt, I guess I'd expect him/someone in his position who'd decided to kill himself to want to be pretty easily found - ie not actually in/under swamp water. o_O
No one has really gone into this, but if BL had committed suicide by hanging it would explain a lot of different aspects of when and how he was found. I'm surprised that hasnt been discussed because it's a real possibility when someone purposely chooses a forest. JMO

So notebook is paper and not computer type?
According to BE this afternoon they still don't know. Guess legibility depends on how long it was in the water if paper. Also maybe he used waterproof pen. I hope they can get something from it. It has to have answers. Why else would he take it with him?

This is precisely why I think a civil suit would be very, very interesting. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. MOO We'd see if they can't sit for a depo on the grounds that they may incriminate themselves. MOO Not fact. (Btw, it will be their 1st defense for a motion to dismiss would be that they did what they did by exercising their constitutional right. But, the Petito Schmidt atty already knows if this can be a go (i.e. that this defense will not stand). JMO IMO MOO

I would be so disappointed if they plead the 5th in their depositions if this ever goes to trial. To me, it would just smack of criminal liability even though it is their right. I can’t wait to see how this plays out.

yes, as a matter of fact we do know how how "ludicrous that is, how aggravating, how maddening it is to even hear those things", we've been hearing that type of thing from you for over a month.
--------------------------------------------
"“Maybe somebody with a platform should step up and say, ‘Hey, knock it off. This is just silly,’” Bertolino said. “So if I’m the only one who has to say that this is hogwash because I didn’t want to say the word , then I’m going to say it: It’s . And I’m sorry if John Q Public doesn’t get that.”

Brian Laundrie’s family attorney lashes out at case conspiracy theories | WFLA

I think so too. <modsnip>
Joe apologized for accusing her of covering things up. It wasn’t about whether he called her. I’ll try & find the footage.

here is the link, at about 2:30 mark:

Adding clarification on original subject: Joe didn’t apologize to Cassie for having claimed to have called her. It was for having accused her of being part of the L cover-up/lack of help.

Last edited:
ETA: I think SB gave the interview because he feels free to talk now that BL has been found and wants to refute all of the accusations that have been hurled at the L parents.
I think he's still "trying" the case in public. MOO. He knows this is not over. He hopes it is - and it may indeed end favorably for him. But, IMO, he is still concerned. This is what his actions and words tell me (and only me). JMO

Edit: I am now seeing some posts on this very point and it appears it is not only me getting this vibe. MOO

Last edited:
That is my takeaway although I am also one of those who never thought they meant a computer. If it was a laptop type, I would just call it a chromebook or laptop or macbook depending on what kind it was. MOO.
I've always called them notebooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members