Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Gaslighting.
    Seems like he has decided attack is the best method of defence.
    What is he defending?
    Ostracising the public again?

2. AdahJo

AdahJo Well-Known Member

He's about as unpleasant as he could get and he sure isnt helping the public's understanding, or probably the public's sympathy. JMO

3. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Please move over just a bit, @LauraAnne, and let me stand beside you. I totally agree with your comments, and I have felt this way throughout.

No trial means no agonizing Medical Examiner report, testimony, and pictures of Gabby -- pics of her body where it was found; pics of her neck and possibly other injuries re her COD; pics of her after her body was cleaned up and readied for the autopsy itself; and who knoze what other pics of her and possible other sad or maddening testimony.

Also, no defense attorney trying, at least a little bit, to show perhaps how Gabby may have "provoked" BL's anger (grrrrr), and a possible excuse or defense for his anger when her hurt her until she died. The pity party.
    And whatever else that her parents might have to see and hear, and never be able to forget.
    And Brian's death -- suicide or gator attack or whatever led to his death would possibly enter the testimony; would his parents or his sister be put on the stand?
    A prosecutor trying his/her best to show how and why BL chose to kill Gabby, and the words, words, words of all of it.
    Let it all rest. It's done. BL has testified enuff by his own actions. No one needs to hear more of it - In my humble opinion.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  4. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

Yes. I'm sure they'll continue the "investigation" and probably announce the conclusion that brian killed gabby. But there is nothing about the bag and the notebook that will change the outcome of that. Which is what started this convo -- why didn't they care that the parents touched those items before LE did. jmo

Which_pancake, Lillymac and LinasK like this.
  5. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

So Judd Grady would have been standing near their van in Wyoming when Brian drove off?

Or, he would have somehow known to be at the Laundrie home on Sept 1?

Wouldn't he at least have had to have a heads up - from North Port - that a woman was missing? Then he could investigate the plates on the boyfriend's van - but wait.

That's exactly. what NPPD did. How would Grady have arrested Brian in Wyoming? How would he know to look for the van as it entered Florida?

6. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Ironically, I just watched a TrueCrime show last night that was set in Florida- Fear Thy Neighbor- where a woman falsely convinced a judge because she was a psychologist to commit her neighbor for examination. In Florida, they call it the Baker Act. In CA it's called being 5150'ed.

7. Recidivist

Recidivist Well-Known Member

Correct. It is not as easy as just marching your adult son into the facility and claim he needs to be held involuntarily.

NCWatcher, Coquette, Scatcat and 3 others like this.
  8. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

Will be interested for sure to hear your thoughts! I was kind of feeling vicarious cringe on his behalf. He was slightly unhinged IMO.

9. kolokolo

kolokolo Well-Known Member

I'm in the "wrong camp" as well.

I was convinced POI BL wouldn't step foot in that reserve, I firmly believed he would make a run for it.

I've been busy today, have they stated the cause yet?

IIRC on 9/25 there was commotion around the Laundrie's house due to folks hearing a gunshot.

10. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

i believe they will find out that he either cut his wrist or took drug overdose, to me that is a way Brian would choose, i doubt he would have worried about bringing rope, climbing up tree to hang it and all that plus im sure the rope would still be hanging there.

SMK777 and Trooper like this.
  11. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Definitely not that easy. IMO.

Kapua and LinasK like this.
  12. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

My thoughts on the SB interview.
    1) He was pretty freaking disrespectful to Marni. The folks at NewsNation have covered this case so we’ll & IMO fairly. Trying to get answers to what their viewers are asking while trying to be rooted in reality & respectful to both families. It made me so mad how he was talking to her. I know he apologized at the end but my goodness!!
    2) SB acts like the “people on the internet; Twitter, Facebook, all things internet…” are crazed idiots with the questions that are being asked. Granted some stuff is out there, but if enough of their viewership has the same questions, they are obligated to ask that. He forgets how huge of a social media case this is & how a lot of the cable news viewership for this is the ppl on the internet. Not to mention that a lot of ppl have those questions…not just social media users. He was very dismissive of that IMO.
    3) He seems to act like the parents’ behavior being questioned is out right preposterous & unwarranted & how their behavior was “simple.” He used the word “simple” so many times.
    There were other tidbits like the Cassie thing, but the way SB conducted himself in that interview flew all over me. Props to Marni for keeping it cool & respectful.

All JMO :)

Cindizzi, Trooper, Marmlet and 7 others like this.
  13. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Aiding and abetting

Trooper and LinasK like this.
  14. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

Agree completely with everything you said!

15. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

Giggling over here. :p

Trooper and BeachSky like this.
  16. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Brian Laundrie's remains found in Florida, attorney says

To Note:
    The North Port police Thursday told NewsNation in a statement that they were 100% confident the Laundries did not bring anything with them to the reserve while searching for their son.

Statement:
    What I can say is that NPPD met the family at the park yesterday. We did not want them out there without our view. So we followed them around. Together at some times and within a few hundred feet at others. We are 100% confident the family did not bring any items, which were found yesterday, with them. We’ve been saying “odd” from the beginning, so nothing new there. The family did not locate or see the remains. The remains and items had clearly been there for some time.

North port police

17. CLGM

CLGM Well-Known Member

That's all fair, and I can see that.

Trooper and BeachSky like this.
  18. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Not enough answers. Brian took those to his grave. Flight/suicide are Consciousness of Guilt legally, but it hasn't yet been determined conclusively that he murdered her, when, or why. All of those questions plus his own death remain unanswered at this point.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2021
    crhedBngr, Trooper, LietKynes and 5 others like this.
  19. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

I'm getting off in a minute I have a few things recorded to catch up on. Last interview i saw with Cuomo, he was still trying the case in public. MOO And, IMOO, he's doing it bc he knows it's not over yet and he is still concerned. MOO

Edit: He slipped up in the Cuomo interview too IMO. I didn't post it tonight bc I didn't feel like digging out the clip. Probably tomorrow.

20. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.