Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

This guy is bonkers

2. simon magus

simon magus Well-Known Member

MOO...if the laundries and their attorney feared that BL would harm himself, they absolutely could have notified local LE and had him involuntarily committed...again, moo

3. pcap

pcap Well-Known Member

It’s over. Time to move on.

The lawyer is a hothead from Long Island. They’re very common there. He did his best to help his longtime friends.

Leave the Laundrie’s alone. Let them grieve.

4. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

I had to stop at the first sentence and listen three times:

SB: "Chris and Roberta knew their son was grieving."

I guess I need to go look at the timeline again, but if I'm not mistaken, GP's body had NOT been found at the time BL went missing into the preserve.

5. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

bbm
    Agreed w/ all of this ! ^^^
    Esp. the bolded.
    As in some people who seem out of control are actually very much in control ?
    Imo.

Trooper, CocoTutu, rlw1900 and 3 others like this.
  6. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

So you think they'll find a new POI?

There isn't going to be evidence, nor a trial. IMO. Unless they come up with a different person who murdered Gabby.

r131313 and UrsulaWrenn like this.
  7. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Perhaps someone in his family talked him into coming home or he might have convinced himself that he was smart enough to talk his way out of it (just like he did during the Moab stop). Once everything hit the media and he realized that wasn't the case, it was too late. IMO.

Trooper, Marmlet, LietKynes and 3 others like this.
  8. ClottedCream

ClottedCream Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t it be great if the reward money was donated to the Gabby Petito foundation!

CLGM, Trooper, rlw1900 and 5 others like this.
  9. annwn

annwn Well-Known Member

10. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

It's far from over, and the investigation into Brian's death is just beginning. His parents have much to answer for.

11. CLGM

CLGM Well-Known Member

Oof, I didn't see the Marnie interview. The one I watched was earlier this evening... will find the link to that one (ETA: https://twitter.com/TopStoryNBC/status/1451322542594084865?s=20). It was clear already that he has been watching too much media and was angry about how the Ls have been attacked (which reflects badly on how he advised them ETA: in his mind, at least). He really needed /not/ to give more interviews tonight...

Mo Thuairim, Trooper, Marmlet and 2 others like this.
  12. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Oh, there'll be evidence. Why do you think all the talk about notebooks? And there may well be a Civil trial.

13. Thinker22

Thinker22 Well-Known Member

Well, I skipped a few pages so maybe this has been opined on already. I've had the *joy* of observing/encountering many skeletal remains of animals in Nebraska, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and Colorado...places I've lived and worked in. The remains have been mostly deer, elk, cattle, and some smaller mammal herbivores. The scavengers, like coyotes, bobcats, wolves, foxes, dogs, cats, etc, eat all of the organs and muscle. Given time, maggots eat any remaining soft tissues. The bones are disarticulated and dragged around. It's almost always easy enough to find a skull and lower jaw bone if one cares to look around enough. Same with the vertebrae. Teeth embedded in the upper and lower jaws are almost always still there...at least in the regions I've lived in. I suspect gator country could be different. I also suspect that no self-respecting scavenger or predator would spend time chewing on dental bits unless they were REALLY starving as there's much more succulent prey to pursue. Just MOO, amateur speculation and....etc.

14. autumnal

autumnal Well-Known Member

Getting the same feeling I did with the Watts case.
    Few answers and lots of frustration. Imo.

jash, TRB, Trooper and 4 others like this.
  15. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

No, I don't think they will. I believe they found their man deceased in the preserve. I should have used a different term than "convict" because of course there won't be a conviction. I do think that the evidence will show he is responsible. IMO.

16. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

I just listened to that interview.
    Good grief, I completely tensed up. Not someone I would want to come across in real life. The snark, dismissiveness, disrespect, aggression...yikes.

jash, Mo Thuairim, Alcina and 19 others like this.
  17. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the NN interview, but I saw his interview with Tom Whoever on NBC. Basically the same thing. Said way too much. He also got mad and interrupted, but I have a high tolerance for that (and for New Yorkers in general). Though I'm tired of him. I guess I'll watch this clip at some point but not tonight.

jash, Sunny123, Figuring and 3 others like this.
  18. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

Brian went hiking on September 13.

Sept 19 - FBI press conference - offers condolences to Gabby's family - body found believed to be Gabby

jash, crhedBngr, Mo Thuairim and 11 others like this.
  19. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

But he has been dead since he entered that swamp, and he had no survival equipment with him. He was dead before he was wanted for the misuse of a debit card. What have the laundries done to cause pain and suffering to GP's family? They haven't even spoken to them. There is a freedom of speech which includes the freedom to not speak. The Laundries told the police what they knew, they were under no obligation to tell the public anything.

20. Kimkimba

Kimkimba Well-Known Member

But maybe BL told them they had broken up and he was grieving the end of the relationship. MOO

Mo Thuairim, pcap, ajksmom and 7 others like this.
  21. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

Same. My guts feel shaky & I’m going to go play with my cat. His vibes were utterly rancid. JMO

jash, sassyblue, Trooper and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.