Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

I agree. My husband even said he bets the skeleton was not BL. He thinks he has been communicating with his parents all along.

<modsnip>

So many unanswered questions.

My heart goes out to the Petito and Schmidt families.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2021

2. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

Why not? If it helps, they are also hip, if that's what you're getting at.

Woodberry likes this.
  3. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Would the notebook, or anything else found in the reserve determined to belong to BL, be returned to his estate, ie parents? Or would it remain in an evidence box in the FBI’s basement forever?

4. Diogenetic

Diogenetic Well-Known Member

the human brain perceives the world and experiences as a story, a narrative, much like a fictional work. We are each in our own story created by our own mind out of facts, perceptions, fantasies, bias and sensory input and a certain amount of programming from our parents and society.. In that story we usually rationalize anything bad we have done. so one does not have to be delusional or psychotic to write the story in ones brain from ones point of view and interest in justifying mistakes or bad acts.
    Laundrie could have been feeling full on guilt or have structured the events in his head as the act of violence having been triggered externally (by Gabbie Petito). We should not blame the victim but there is nothing to exclude that he did, for part or all of the homicide.

IHAVENOCLUE and danij614 like this.
  5. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

There was a similar Final Report issued following the investigation of the Las Vegas shooting. I’d expect there will be one here as well…not that it will ever answer all the questions.

6. ClottedCream

ClottedCream Well-Known Member

We also DONT enclose pools in areas where crocodiles live so when it pours with rain it’s not unheard of for a croc to end up in the backyard pool. FUN TIMES!

sk716, IHAVENOCLUE, crhedBngr and 3 others like this.
  7. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

8. BCSleuth

BCSleuth Well-Known Member

Brian did not evade law enforcement prior to his going missing. LE knew where he was. They could have picked him up at any time.

I do think it is possible Brian confessed to his parents at some point. If so, I expect that information to be shared with the media and/or the Petito family eventually. Might as well at this point.

LeeAnnB, IHAVENOCLUE and LinasK like this.
  9. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Well-Known Member

Criminal law is listed in his specialties on his website if you look closely. And for those who are adamant and think its so suspicious they lawyered up and believe he's not a criminal attorney even though its listed on his website, then it supports the idea even more that the Laundrie parents didn't think anything sinister was going on

LeeAnnB, sds71 and Diogenetic like this.
  10. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

I don't agree that your feeling is likely accurate but that's neither here nor there. I just don't see that EVEN IF the Laundries aided Brian after the fact, that is something they can be sued for by GP's family. People keep mentioning OJ being sued by the Goldmans. But OJ was the suspected killer! And he was sued for wrongful death. I think it's a safe bet the Laundries didn't kill GP.
    JMO

11. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

He primarily handled real estate. I edited my post to add more if you’d care to look.

12. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

If it can be proven through data that the dates they spoke with Brian or last saw him don’t line up that would be noteworthy.

13. ClottedCream

ClottedCream Well-Known Member

Soooo much yes!

HawthorneJuniper likes this.
  14. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Well-Known Member

There’s the legal component and in a high-profile case like this there is a PR component.

The Laundries could have benefited from a lawyer with MUCH better PR skills to manage the public attention and announcements. The silence was deafening from a PR standpoint, caused even more suffering of the Petitos, and motivated tons of negative attention on social media… delivered right to their doorstep daily! Complete PR communication FAIL!! IMOO

15. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal Well-Known Member

There's hardly a point in suing BL's "estate" anyway, which probably consists of a skateboard and some clothes. I'd just let such a suit default into judgment for the plaintiff and be done with it. Legally, you do not have to respond to a civil lawsuit at all. The plaintiff then just gets a skateboard and some clothes. It's not even worth the cost of an attorney. jmo

16. annwn

annwn Well-Known Member

No. There is a 5th amendment in civil case.

“Once a witness in a civil suit has invoked his or her Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination, the trier of fact is entitled to draw an adverse inference from the witness’s refusal to testify.” Chaffee v. Keller Rohrback LLP, 200 Wash.App. 66, 83-84 (2017) (citing King v. Olympic Pipeline Co., 104 Wash.App. 338, 355-56 (2000) and Ikeda v. Curtis, 43 Wash.2d 449, 261 P.2d 684 (1953)).

17. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

She would need a will in order for that to be true since he is not her next of kin and they were not married. I’d be surprised if she had a will at her age (but I certainly do not know the status of her personal choices). JMO.

iamnotagolem likes this.
  18. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Well-Known Member

Thank you I saw your edited post. He did not throw Cassie under the bus, that was all media misreporting and misconstruing what she said and what he said in his texts.. His texts stated that brian saw cassie on sept 1. and the media reported "Brian stopped by cassies house on the way home from wyoming in gabby's van"

The other time media caused an uproar is saying cassie did not see brian after he came back with the van but she also never said that. This misunderstanding was made up by the media misreporting what cassie and what SB said. he did not throw her under the bus.

RANCH, ringbearer, sds71 and 2 others like this.
  19. ccargirl

ccargirl Well-Known Member

Would his "estate" even cover the legal fees to file a civil suit against him?
    True! I stand corrected! Although they can also just answer, "we have no knowledge" with no repercussions.

passionflower likes this.
  20. cottonweaver

cottonweaver Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced they did.
    From the timeline based on links we already have

13th Brian takes the Mustang out to the Wildlife Preserve allegedly to hike.
    13th CL goes to the preserve later the same day, to look for him per SB

14th CL & RL go to the preserve again & see the Mustang is still there but now has a ticket on it. They decide to leave the car there as he might come back to the car. He doesn't
    15th CL & RL go to the preserve again & decide to bring the Mustang back.

Now see Bertolino's claim that he informed the FBI when BL didn't return the first night although they did not make an *official* missing persons report til later in the week ( formal)

Hopefully when the FBI releases more details to conclude their investigation, they will confirm some of these officially

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.