Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

One problem with that, he's been dead for a long time now. He wasn't alive Tuesday when the L's went to the AT&T store. jmo

2. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Good question.

3. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Ugh. I was pretty certain he killed himself when it was discovered he went missing. Disappointing. It feels like he escaped justice. Many of you likely feel the same.

Kittybunny, La Louve, jash and 35 others like this.
  4. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

She said it herself. Watch her interview. Do you think it was professional of him to release a statement during the dr blue announcement of GP’s cause of death?

5. Jettson

Jettson Well-Known Member

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I hope Gabby's family and Brian's family find peace. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult this has been for both families. A true nightmare. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2021
  6. Eleanor Rigby

Eleanor Rigby Well-Known Member

From what I've read, I did not get the impression that BL intended to hide his body, if his death was a suicide and it occurred where his remains and belongings were found. He told his parents where he was going "hiking," he left his car parked at the entrance of the park in which he was found and the location was only a 45-minute walk from the entrance. It was a place his parents knew he frequented. In fact, once the water level was down and his parents could enter the park, they went right to the spot. IMO, if he had intended for his body not to be found, he would have gone many miles deep into the much larger Carlton Reserve to a place that his parents would not have known about. I think the "happenstance" is that he did not anticipate his chosen location becoming covered in water before his body was found. MOO.

7. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Not true. A defendant can still plead the 5th but not answering a question can be held against you in a civil case. The judge or jury can make negative inferences from a defendant invoking that right, unlike in a criminal case.

8. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

9. BreakingNews

BreakingNews Well-Known Member

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
    His family could/should have turned him over to police on Sept 1. He'd still be alive had they done that! MOO

10. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

Brian's not now, because he's dead......

11. Kimkimba

Kimkimba Well-Known Member

I don’t believe they did either. MOO

12. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

Absolutely. We only need to scroll down the WS forums to the cold cases to be reminded of this.

I have high school acquaintances who have been missing since 1973. They were 15 and 16 and are the longest U.S. case of missing teenagers. There's a forum for them in WS. Mitch and Bonnie.

Their families live with the pain every day, and those of us who knew them remember them from time to time, but they won't be in the news anymore unless they are miraculously found. My faint hopes lie in that back then there was no DNA testing, no Internet etc. that maybe could help now if anyone stumbles upon their remains.

13. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

So Gitana ( good to see you), do you legally feel that the Petito family has grounds to file a Civil Suit against the Laundrie family/his estate?

14. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

Same semi-simplicity of identification if, for example, it's not carried around, or if using Tor and/or a VPN with a public wifi?

15. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

Because BL is a POI in the murder of Gabby, (FBI called it a murder), I would think the FBI would hold all items found neat, close to or on BL body, until the investigation into Gabby’s death is complete, meaning the autopsy and all tests sent out and results returned. They FBI should be making copies or pictures of the ‘books’ and anything else found with him and therefore can give those to Gabby’s parents. I bet the answer is in the items found…..unless the items were out there by someone else and sorted out ahead of time….that’s moo.

There are too many fishy things going on. Moo

LoveyG, Jurisprudence, ctmom and 5 others like this.
  16. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

BBM. Yes, thank you. It is about her! Just like Jennifer Dulos discussion thread is about her and not the coward who would not face justice. I don’t feel any different about BL than I did about Fotis Dulos. If he committed suicide, it was because he was selfish.

17. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

So….are the Laudries going to give Gabbys family her personal property that they might have? Will they legally be forced to? The way they’ve been so cruel to Gabbys family, I expect them to continue.

18. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

TxJan1971 and BeckyF like this.
  19. LMDlong

LMDlong Well-Known Member

20. housewife

housewife Coercive Control is a form of Domestic Violence

Bbm
    How charitable of them.
    Why only partially cooperate? And why not also cooperate when their future daughter-in-law was missing?
    I understand the Laundrie's will probably not be charged with any crimes, but I certainly don't applaud their actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.