Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what standard practice is in the US. Do you think the FBI will share more details over time?

Things like what Brian bought with Gaby’s card, any data of interest from the notebook, just missing pieces and answers to all the questions a lot of us have.

LE may not wish to go after the Laundries under the tragic circumstances.
They did not pursue charges for Cindy Anthony although she perjured herself on the stand, under oath.
jmho

Go after the Laundries for what? As best we know they have done nothing wrong whatsoever. They even began partially cooperating with the FBI on the day Brian went missing.

You can buy AT&T prepaid phones and minute cards from Target, Walmart, etc. You pay, you activate, it is never attached to your identity in any way. That's a "burner" phone. AT&T prepaid operations are no different from any other service's prepaid operations. You don't need ID, or a bank account, or a credit card, or anything that proves who you are, where you live, etc.
Thank you! That's exactly what I meant by "burner phone".

I'm putting this out here again as an example of what bad legal advice can accomplish.

Brian could have been salvaged, but nobody surrounding him had the skill to accomplish that very simple task.
The law was on his side. He had an opportunity for mental health care and meditation upon it.
He had an opportunity to use solitude, with guidance, to heal himself.
He had an opportunity to build a new self upon a foundation of hard won forgiveness.
He had an opportunity to live a very long time and become a better teacher than he could ever have imagined.
Didn't anyone tell him this?
Sometimes, being broken down to nothing is the beginning of wisdom.
Brian was salvageable.
His life is a valuable lesson.
JMHO

I think the idea being suggested is to have BL's parents deposed, to find out what they knew and when, and what actions they may have taken to shield their son (ultimately leading to him being unavailable for trial due to his death). We're all just spitballing on these things, very few of us are lawyers of course. (Not a lawyer myself, MOO.)
EDITED: They can't take the 5th since it's not criminal. However - they CAN just say they have no knowledge. And would assume they likely would. But BL likely has zero to super minimal assets, so can't even think there is an estate to speak of.

Last edited:
I hope that BL wrote something in the notebook. I have a feeling that, even if anything is even able to be salvaged, there probably won't be anything relating to what he did, why he did it, apologies to GP's family, or apologies to his own family. I hope I'm wrong and there are writings of value to GP's family or his own family. IMO

They can take 5th. And would assume they likely would. But BL likely has zero to super minimal assets, so can't even think there is an estate to speak of.

Yes, they can take the 5th for any depositions. But, the Petitos/Schmidts can proceed with a demand for production, say for the notebook, cell phone data, text messages etc..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 21.47.46.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 21.47.46.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 134
They can take 5th. And would assume they likely would. But BL likely has zero to super minimal assets, so can't even think there is an estate to speak of.
I keep thinking maybe he had some form of inheritance from someone and he would be allowed access aged 25, might not have but could possibly have, from a grandparent or something. Just a theory and my opinion.

What estate? I doubt he had any real property in his name at his age. An Executor is someone named in a will. BL likely died intestate, meaning without a will.

MOO.

"Consumer Pamphlet: Probate in Florida – The Florida Bar" Consumer Pamphlet: Probate in Florida – The Florida Bar
He still has an “estate”— it may not be of much monetary value, but everything he owned personally composes his estate.

Lol, I would guess that SB's ideal time to talk about ethical questions is "never."

That said: [And mods, don't know if this falls outside allowed discussion, so I'm separating it for an easy snip if so. I can provide the citation for the writing by SB if preferred/appropriate but didn't want to if it would be disruptive.]. SB himself has specifically written and published his views on certain aspects of legal ethics - specifically with respect to his own practice/obligations, and he unapologetically has taken an individualistic perspective on them, describing specific instances in which he disagreed and/or declined to follow them. None of which that I have seen, I should be clear, were about issues exactly like the potential ones raised in discussions of his performance in this case. But he himself describes his general orientation to them as being comfortable challenging having to comply with them.
I think that I have read what you are talking about. Very interesting....jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member