Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

I think you are "on the money" here. It probably is a vibram sole.

2. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

I wish I could like a post twice! It definitely could be a metal latch IMO. I think my grandma has a box with a metal latch that is in a similar shape to this object (with wings like a butterfly, almost, on either lid of the box). Maybe then it was like one of those antique jewelry boxes or a trunk?

3. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

While the past week and half has unfolded I did start having serious doubts not only about the L's but also about BL even being alive.

I definitely got hooked on the pov that the parent's helped him. Then I started thinking if they helped him in the beginning there's no way they could continue helping him because the Fed's were watching their activities very closely. But it became clear pretty quickly in my mind that he was probably dead.

I was surprised that BL was found in the reserve, but not shocked that he actually was found dead there.

But the focus should stop now regarding the L's, their son killed his girlfriend, he managed to destroy the Petito/Schmit's lives, and now as it comes to a closure, he also did in fact ruin his family's lives too. The world is a safer place without him in it. JMO

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  4. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

If you look closely, the object has distinct corners. A shoe wouldn't. IMO the gold object is too big to be on the sole of a shoe, but of course idk what size BL wore.

TL4S, Greenestdays and Cecelia like this.
  5. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Well-Known Member

We have 3 vehicles. Both my 20 something son and I have keys to all three on our personal keyrings.

6. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

IMO, If LE turns up unannounced and they are asking unexpected questions, and maybe (just maybe) you are suspecting that things are not what you have been lead to believe, then yes, a delaying tactic (until you could obtain advice or find our more info) would be 'contact my attorney'.

7. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

I think the part with the yellow is the sole of shoe but not part of the object sticking out of the bag. Two different things. IMO.

skywalker20 likes this.
  8. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

So "giving BL space" was the answer all the time, because otherwise he would spin out of control? Soothe the beast or he will bite you? Too bad he still died in the swamp after getting some "space" from his parents. And you say Gabby should have learned from his parents to just let him go off on his own instead of "smothering" him? Interesting choice of words since she died of strangulation. Who got smothered more in the end, Gabby or BL? But wait - Gabby did "give him space." He left her in Moab for five days! Was that not enough time and space for him to calm down? Apparently not. He came back, she ended up dead, he took her van and and money and left her there, finally free to put 1000 miles of "space" between them again.

9. Nikynoo

IMO, If LE turns up unannounced and they are asking unexpected questions, and maybe (just maybe) you are suspecting that things are not what you have been lead to believe, then yes, a delaying tactic (until you could obtain advice or find our more info) would be 'contact my attorney'.

LAhiker, Sundog, Ruthbullock and 3 others like this.
  10. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

Of course. That’s very reasonable. I just think they would have had to have talked to SB beforehand. Why would they tell LE to contact SB without doing that. LE could have contacted SB before they got a chance to reach him & that’s not good. JMO.

LAhiker, Kapua and Cindizzi like this.
  11. Nikynoo

There is where consistency (on SB's part) would be helpful. I have seen two separate interviews - one that B left in the morning, the other at night. I am tending to think that BL lft on his hike the latter part of the 13th. Simply because on GMA this morning, SB said that he spoke with BL on the 12th and the 13th.

Shadow@light, LAhiker, Kapua and 3 others like this.
  12. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Well-Known Member

Agree. There are so many lawyers who are highly experienced in these matters. I once met with a lawyer that was former FBI. All I can say is that he was totally badass… and would the first person that I would call. No real estate lawyer for sure!

LinasK, Laughing, LAhiker and 5 others like this.
  13. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

No one would pay to see a movie where the parents saunter into the reserve (after having waited for public access!!) who casually find their missing son's belongings, then disturb evidence by putting the journal into the white bag, then waiting 20-30 minutes to hand it over to LE. (Per reporter's tweets yesterday, posted here, who was close to the couple the whole time.)

I do believe we haven't been provided with the whole story about a possible deal being cut near the end. If only they had done that on Sept 11, and not followed their lawyer's wishes. They would still have their son, albeit in serious trouble, but at least breathing.

IMO

Ooohm, Tamzin, JB1958 and 18 others like this.
  14. priyaya

priyaya Well-Known Member

Ye
    Seeing yellow flip flops with black soles

LAhiker and Kapua like this.
  15. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Oh no, I hope I didn’t give the impression that she did. I was talking about the trophy comment. I should have specified my post. My family and I have been in competitive sports since I was ten. I should have just left it alone. The ridiculous telling claim either ruined their parents lives is irresponsible. Act and react. The Laundries are grown adults who made grown choices. Choices they must now live with for the rest of their lives - but they were their choices to make. Their choices impacted so many and caused immeasurable indescribable grief and pain to Gabby’s loved ones. It was just so damn unnecessary. I feel terrible for anyone, including professional searchers, who find a body, much less partial remains. I admit that the thought his parents were so close to what was left of their son does pain me.

16. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

Lol, best comment ever
    well stated

17. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

That part doesn't add up for me either. If he abandons her there wounded with no transportation or money?

LinasK, Nanceedroo, LAhiker and 2 others like this.
  18. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Exactly. If that was the situation and their son's girlfriend did not show up with him and that young woman had lived under their roof for two years, most people would attempt to call her to make sure she's ok. If they could not reach her, most people would then call her family to let them know what's going on. Not only did they not do either of those things, they didn't pick up the phone when her family called them. That is inexcusable. IMO.

jackhammer, LinasK, Laughing and 15 others like this.
  19. LinneaE

LinneaE Well-Known Member

GS: Did Brian tell the Laundries about anything about what happened to Gabby before he disappeared?
    SB: George, that's not something I can comment on right now and I'd like to just leave it at that.
    GS: Well if you can't comment on it, that means you know something about it.

BINGO! SB should have just said no to an and all interviews.

Laughing, abr, sorrell skye and 8 others like this.
  20. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.