Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Not if the body was completely skeletonized - that part of decomp where it's smell was...over

(which is why I always prefer studying skeletons to bodies...)

DeDee, Ruminations, JB1958 and 9 others like this.

2. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Just saw this -- please forgive if it's a repeat:

Gabby Petito's Family Won't Speak On Laundrie Death Yet: Attorney
    "Gabby's family will make a statement at the appropriate time and when they are emotionally ready." - Richard Stafford

[​IMG]
    Peggy Spellman Hoey, Patch Staff
    Posted Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 11:08 pm ET|Updated Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 11:28 pm ET
    BLUE POINT, NY — The family of Gabby Petito was silent on Thursday following the news that the Federal Bureau of Investigation confirmed the remains of Brian Laundrie — the sole person of interest in her death — were found the day before in a Florida preserve.
    In a statement on Thursday night, her family's attorney, Richard Stafford of Bohemia, said they would not be making a statement or doing any interviews "at this time."

-------------
    More references to articles are cited in this article.
    Source:
    Gabby Petito's Family Won't Speak On Laundrie Death Yet: Attorney

La Louve, JB1958, lowes123 and 4 others like this.
  3. 10ofRods

It's so odd that the two 911 calls do not jive with each other.

One has BL slapping her and then jumping in the van and driving off (with no mention of Gabby attempting to climb through the driver side window, trying to grab her phone - and succeeding in getting inside the van).

Seems like the witness who saw BL drive off would have noticed that.

And no one mentions Gabby scratching BL, even though BL has scratch marks when LE catch up to them.

Sunny123, Classito and Nikynoo like this.
  4. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
    The fact Gabby is a homicide victim speaks volumes to which person was more violent.
    Gabby wasn't alive when BL died.

La Louve, Ruminations, TRB and 14 others like this.
  5. mitzy

mitzy Well-Known Member

bbm

You are so right. I was just thinking about this yesterday.

What a lucky coincidence that the Bethunes drove past the van when they did. They’re the reason she was found.

La Louve, LinasK, JB1958 and 5 others like this.
  6. cady

cady Well-Known Member

May not have said I am invoking my 5th amendment rights, but effectively, that is what he did when he handed Police the Attorney's card. Same thing as asking for an attorney while being questioned. That ends questioning. Period. jmo

7. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

I listened to the podcast of Joseph Scott Morgan this morning and I have to say your job is incredibly interesting. I had no idea the detail of information that could be retrieved from a tooth!

d4j, angelainwi, TL4S and 2 others like this.
  8. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

I don't see any difference between our 2 posts. I did say that it came from the lawyer. and I pointed out that Gabby's body had not yet been found. No, it wasn't grief over Gabby, it was grief over knowing he would shortly be found out for murder. (IMO).

The point I keep making is what is the parents' excuse or explanation for telling the lawyer that their son was "grieving" on the 13th, when all that had really happened as far as they say they know is that the van was taken, and they knew that the Petitos had gone to the cops. Anyway no one seems to get what I'm saying, that the onus is on the parents to explain what Brian was "grieving" about, if they TRULY didn't know she was dead. Or, do we just assume that Brian said "Hey, I'm grieving". And they didn't bother to ask why. At that point we are led to believe that the only thing the Laundrie parents knew about is the towing of the van. And learning that Gabby's folks had gone to the police because of the lack of answers from the Laundries. So yeah, that admission from their lawyer that they knew BL was GRIEVING on the 13th may end up biting them on the buttsky. IMO

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  9. Which_pancake

Which_pancake Well-Known Member

I strongly agree. I think a lot of people just want someone to be charged for something in this case, but unfortunately I don't think there will be any charges. The only person responsible is dead. IMO.

Sundog, ErinC, lowes123 and 6 others like this.
  10. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Yes, I know that. What I am trying to establish is did Brian actually have the phone? I don't think he did, because Gabby 'caught' him with it (causing injury to him) when trying to get back into the van.

As far as I can tell from the video and the transcript B was trying to create space and it was G who didn't want the space to occur.

What do you think they should have done? Perhaps, both walk in opposite directions and meet up in half an hour? What if the roles were reversed? Because if I reverse the roles based on the transcript, that is the only way I see B as an aggressor.

I know this will not be a popular opinion, but it is my opinion. I don't see DV here. What I do see is a massive falling out between the two of them with more or less equal blame.

11. bluwaters

bluwaters Well-Known Member

According to the reporter who trailed the Ls that day, CL went off the trail 8-10 times before he found BL's possessions.
    BBM
    https://twitter.com/staticlogic/status/1451363844694155267Casual Observer
    @staticlogic

yes, how many times did he search in the brush off the path? one magical time?

[​IMG]
    Michael Ruiz@mikerreports

8-10

12. pcap

pcap Well-Known Member

I believe there is zero chance they will be charged with anything for all the reasons you stated. I do not believe they did anything wrong.

Sundog, PatLaurel, Maligned1 and 4 others like this.
  13. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Interesting.

To say Brian was grieving and thus left the house upset, and dad wishes he would have stopped him, all implies that he told his parents that he strangled her and this is why he was grieving and left the house upset.

No one, parents/attorney was in any hurry to keep close tabs with LE simply for the fact that they all realized Brian was guilty of some type of murder. What charge they envisioned is anyone's guess but they knew he was responsible and would be charged.

So it seens to me anyway.

This could be why the parents stayed so quiet. They knew about the murder so what could they do? They were worried about him disappearing but yet didn't want to see his mugshot on the front pages any time soon, which is what would have happened with his return.

Had the parents not known what Brian did to Gabby then the parents would have been talking to the media asking for help finding him because he had a fight with his girlfriend and was upset.

But how can you ask for the public's help in finding your son when you know that same public will find out what your son did?

You can't.

And they didnt.

...2 Cent Opinion...

14. Nikynoo

I acknowledge that, but I just wanted a little bit of clarity around some posts I had seen.

15. 10ofRods

It's really too bad Gabby didn't tell LE all of that - but clearly, she didn't want BL in jail (and she might have been in jail herself, given the marks on his body). They both wanted to avoid jail, which is understandable.

Flurries, La Louve, TRB and 6 others like this.
  16. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

This is an important distinction. Thanks for clearing this up. Very much so a “oh we should totally do this!” sort of thing rather than a planned meeting. Happens all the time with my friends.

HawthorneJuniper, Nikynoo and pcap like this.
  17. karen in New York

karen in New York Well-Known Member

And we never really saw LE do a grid search. It looked, to me, like LE was looking for a campfire or someone walking around. Not someone deceased hidden under brush or a body decomposing after weeks in heat, humidity, water ... most searches are grid work with LE covering every square foot of area. I did not want to criticize LE because conditions were tough that they were in - but all I saw were ATV and vehicles moving on open trails. Then to find the remains in the closest area to the park entrance and where the car was parked - that makes me critical of the search.

La Louve, GRT, Maligned1 and 2 others like this.
  18. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Ok, "keep away" might not be the right term.
    Not in a friendly fashion but to be cruel or cause panic.
    Yes, if I am holding my phone an angry domestic partner grabs it and refuses to let me have it back. it is illegal.
    No one has the right to prevent you from making a call or text.
    I would hope no one has done this to you.

Ruminations, LinasK, JB1958 and 7 others like this.
  19. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

I have thought maybe the one witness only witnessed the altercation at the van, not the “running up and down the sidewalk”.

Flurries, Sassafrass, Nikynoo and 3 others like this.
  20. Nikynoo

These are the links that respective responders to my posts have given.
    Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie argued 'aggressively': witness
    Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

PatLaurel and LietKynes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.