Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the L’s were so worried about BL leaving because it was so apparent he was grieving and upset why give him your car keys?

SB said the parents can’t stop a 22 year old from leaving, why hand him the keys to enable him an easy way to leave then?
Also, BL was 23 not 22. jmo

They may not trust they are who they say they are. Gut reaction by me. MOO
I'm a little questionable on that. Husband is a lineman and drives a bucket truck to jobs. Strange to see them pulling a wagon down the street. Not to mention the one worker has on a Columbia hoodie and that's not what you wear while dealing with electricity.

Could be wrong, but pretty sure those are switches in the photo posted in the comments.

Edit: Husband said there's an insulator and a switch on the pole and there are contractors that do inspections on poles. I sent him the video and asked him about the stuff.

I know it's irrelevant, but if that's someone just trying to gain access to the property, that's pretty low.

Last edited:
Do you have no room to believe the Laundries are innocent of what they're being accused of? If it could be proved that they are, would you still be unable to justify his anger and frustration?
I can see the Laundries being innocent and I still cannot justify their LAWYER being angry publicly. IMO a lawyer is asked to fine tune statements and be the voice of reason. The parents can be angry all they want. There’s no need for their lawyer to do so. IMO he’s blurring the line between representing them as a family friend and as an attorney.

It also seems clear at this point that he hasn’t really been representing BL since he was likely deceased. So we have no idea what BL’s tone would have been or who he would have chosen to represent him publicly had there been a trial.

I do currently have sympathy for the Laundries. I do not have sympathy for their attorney. He’s perfectly capable of just not being obnoxious. We all make that choice on a daily basis even when faced with stressful situations. JMO.

For anyone also interested in what's in the drybag, the fox news photographer who took the picture and ig followed the Laundries in the reserve has a very useful twitter account. This post has the image in the previously linked article and says "Here's a closeup of the drybag the #Laundries found yesterday at Myakkahatchee. I didn't get a close look of whatever they put inside of it, which had been laying in the brush nearby. It was somewhat rectangular, but didn't have a uniform shape." So it might not be a box, but like @TL4S suggested it could be l-shaped or like a pyramid. I just can't think of what it could be, but IMO it's decorated somehow (gold thing, what appears to be embossing in the corner).

This was probably covered extensively overnight, and I apologize for repeating if that's the case, but regarding the gold embossed thing.......has there been speculation that it's a butterfly? Is there speculation that whatever that black item is, it could have belonged to Gabby? If it's L-shaped, or a pyramid, it doesn't seem like it could be the notebook, unless it's only part of a notebook. Could BL have brought something treasured by Gabby out into the reserve to end it all? He certainly had access to everything she owned, whether in the van or at his parents' house. If that gold thing is a butterfly sticker, man.......... MOO

If BL parents thought he was in danger of self-harm, the police would definitely have responded. Also, if the parents had info about what BL had done to GP, they could have told the police. They might have been able to save the life of their son. MOO.

The parents may’ve been asking him questions about his concocted breakup story involving Gabby and BL became upset over their probing and took off. Such a hypothetical scenario, should the parents have suspected he was suicidal? We just don’t have enough information to accurately judge their failure to have predicted the future.

The more I look at the black thing in the bag, the more it looks like a picture frame.
It looks too thick IMO to be a picture frame. But the photographer said that it wasn't fully rectangular, maybe he saw the back "tail" of a picture frame? It could be a shadow box. BL and Gabby were into art so it's possible. I've been checking her depop to see if she used it as a prop for photos and haven't found anything yet, I haven't checked her insta though.

If the L’s were so worried about BL leaving because it was so apparent he was grieving and upset why give him your car keys?

SB said the parents can’t stop a 22 year old from leaving, why hand him the keys to enable him an easy way to leave then?

Nothing was stopping the Laundries from following Brian when he left.

Do we know the Ls feared BL was suicidal and if so why did they? Looking backward, we know he more than likely caused Gabby’s death through strangulation but at the time I doubt his parents would’ve known the true reason he was upset. Every parent knows the pain a relationship breakup causes and ordinarily when adult children are going through bad times, suicide is not at the top of a parents mind.
SB stated the Laundries wished they had done more to prevent Brian from leaving because he was "visibly upset". So yes, as I stated in the post, even if they didn't know he had killed Gabby, they knew she wasn't there and that something was wrong, hence Brian would be upset. Then LE comes knocking on the door and two days later, Brian "visibly upset" heads to a wooded remote area. Pain mixed with "visibly upset" and a visit from LE because the fiance is not only not with him but has been reported missing by her family, yes that would have been a reasonable expectation by a parent. But then, nothing the Laundries have done has been reasonable so maybe you're right.

Also, BL was 23 not 22. jmo
For anyone also interested in what's in the drybag, the fox news photographer who took the picture and ig followed the Laundries in the reserve has a very useful twitter account. This post has the image in the previously linked article and says "Here's a closeup of the drybag the #Laundries found yesterday at Myakkahatchee. I didn't get a close look of whatever they put inside of it, which had been laying in the brush nearby. It was somewhat rectangular, but didn't have a uniform shape." So it might not be a box, but like @TL4S suggested it could be l-shaped or like a pyramid. I just can't think of what it could be, but IMO it's decorated somehow (gold thing, what appears to be embossing in the corner).
Kills me they not only picked up the bag, but then stuck some other item in it! At their age, they still don't know that you do not do that with evidence. jmo

I gotcha. I agree. He's trying to be a spin doctor, forgetting that while it's true people have short memories, he's just digging his hole deeper because it hasn't been long enough to rewrite the history.
Who would want them representing them after all this mess. Yes remain silent can be good excellent legal advice but his public statements are awful. It would have been much better if he had never said anything at all

A wild theory popped into my head.

What if B and G had a fight, he choked her but G did not die there and then but succumbed to her injuries a bit later. By which time he had stormed off, thinking that G was fine. Travelled back to Florida, wallowed in self-pity because in his mind they were simply broken up. And then the police turns up and he realises he actually did more damage than he initially thought. Could explain why he was doing 'normal' things between 1-11 and then suddenly was 'grieving' and went to the reserve?
and sent a couple of strange messages from her phone, and took her credit cards?

I'm a little questionable on that. Husband is a lineman and drives a bucket truck to jobs. Strange to see them pulling a wagon down the street. Not to mention the one worker has on a Columbia hoodie and that's not what you wear while dealing with electricity.

Could be wrong, but pretty sure those are switches in the photo posted in the comments.
I also didn't see a lanyard with an ID. It's protocol to park the vehicle within sight of the project and to wear a lanyard with ID and a company jacket. At least that's how it's done here. Like others mentioned, I would be suspect and not grant them access without LE present.

If the dry bag was with BL the entire time, why did it look so clean and DRY in the photos? Wouldn't it have been submerged?

If it didn't go viral he might be alive and in custody. If it didn't go viral, grifters like Dog and Walsh wouldn't have wasted everyone's time. If it didn't go viral a bunch of social media attention starved jerks wouldn't be camped out on the Laundries lawn begging for "donations." If it didn't go viral BLs sister's kids would have endured far less harassment....
If it didn’t go viral, thousands of people may not have been exposed to the very complicated dynamics of DV. They may not have seen that what looks idyllic in pictures may be something with dark and shadows. They may not have had the chance to learn from what happened in Moab and receive more education in the future. One person has probably chosen to leave a bad relationship or realized that they were in a toxic relationship because it went viral. We can learn from everything about this situation and try to do better. I just wish every missing person could go viral and get the support their lives deserve. JMO.

A wild theory popped into my head.

What if B and G had a fight, he choked her but G did not die there and then but succumbed to her injuries a bit later. By which time he had stormed off, thinking that G was fine. Travelled back to Florida, wallowed in self-pity because in his mind they were simply broken up. And then the police turns up and he realises he actually did more damage than he initially thought. Could explain why he was doing 'normal' things between 1-11 and then suddenly was 'grieving' and went to the reserve?
Well, if he choked her and left her not knowing if she was dead or alive that does not say much about his character either. While anything is possible, I highly doubt that he left thinking that she was alive. I don’t think death by strangulation happens over an extended period of time. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77