Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truth Prevails

Truth Prevails Well-Known Member

Not sure, but this may be what you are looking for.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen

2. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Josh talks about the "surveillance" of BL in this video

Warwick7, PatLaurel, JB1958 and 8 others like this.
  3. Matic

Matic Well-Known Member

So IF he shot himself, did he do it when the area was dry and then it flooded?
    Or did he swim out in the swamp and do it?

4. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

PatLaurel, JB1958, borndem and 13 others like this.
  5. priyaya

priyaya Well-Known Member

the partial skull i was assuming was the lower part with the teeth, which is how ID was so quick...
    not sure how shattered vs a hole a gunshot a close range would be for a skull, but assume various skull chards would be close

6. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

DBM - I actually misread what someone had asked & my answer wasn't relevant.

7. MrX

MrX Well-Known Member

No, it is static imagery from a a given date. Depending on the area, you can look back in time, but only for dates where there are images. In the Morphew case, for example, the latest imagery is from 2015, making it not very useful.

skywalker20, Chypre, borndem and 5 others like this.
  8. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

They only found a partial skull and I don't believe they've found the rest yet. It could be that the missing part would show a gun wound. Stranger things have happened as this case has proven time and time again.

9. priyaya

The swamp according to experts was flooded all of September, as its the rainy/hurricane season there. usually October is pretty bad as well (my father lives near the area), but this year in October it was much much less rain than usual

10. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Brian Laundrie's remains given to anthropologist

"LE is confident they will eventually be able to get a cause of death"

3:03 minutes

jash, Warwick7, PatLaurel and 15 others like this.
  11. cottonweaver

cottonweaver Well-Known Member

WFLANow show is just concluding

Interesting to note that now, in contrast to most of the past shows I've watched, there have been quite a few comments on 'harassment & bullying' of the parents at Wabasso. ( That emphasis is new)

Quotes from the video commenter who was just last on the show

ETA link, those comments were c 15mins towards the end of the show

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  12. Steven is mad because he knows the lawsuits are about to start flying, and he's going to be in the firing line. imo. <modsnip>

13. priyaya

As far as what method was used... I could see hanging as some mentioned, although i assume the device would still exist even if water or animal came after the fact. If self inflicted wound like writs, then i guess that's possible and something small used could have washed away.
    On the other hand, where I live we've had people buy things off the dark web that do the job painlessly and quickly or so advertised. In that case they should be able to find it through computer and shipment records.
    so I'm gonna go with self inflicted wound, not a gunshot would also be a reason animals were attracted.

14. dkryder

dkryder Well-Known Member

i wonder if LE was able to put together some video from misc street/home/business cameras along the most probable surface street routes that any of the laundries vehicles and/or gabby's van would have taken to and from that park parking lot. speculating here, i'd find it interesting to see brian in mustang going to the park and 5 min later the big red/maroon truck drives by right behind the mustang. picture isn't good enough to tell who is driving the truck. MOO. But any pictures of the 2 laundrie vehicles and gabby's van from about sept 7 till oct 20 would be great info.

15. ctmom

ctmom Well-Known Member

BBM
    You're welcome!
    The Google Earth pic is dated 2/2020 so its a February view.
    There is no image available for the month of September.
    However, I've attached an image from November 2007.
    Years apart, but perhaps closer to conditions of October.

I agree about the Mustang.
    It would have been towed at some point but that slice of time could have been what we call in recovery...
    The 5 minute miracle.

Attached Files:

16. priyaya

not likely unless it was a heavy metal, but doubtful even that could be recovered

17. Idon'tneedthesame

Idon'tneedthesame Well-Known Member

I don't put much into what NPPD says. They also claimed they knew where he was, until he went for his hike. uh ha

18. I'm Nobody

I'm Nobody Are you Nobody too?

Agree with your timeline 100% (bolded by me) bc

At 23/24 years old IMO BL was not a hardened criminal nor a master of anything YET. The path BL took was not unspoiled wilderness but unfortunately paved by far too many before him, littered with pain, damage and harm.

Sadly answers Gabby's parents need I fear they will never receive from the Laundries. MOO

Men Mature After Women — 11 Years After, To Be Exact — A British Study Reveals

19. I get Jon Benet vibes from the 'notebook' IMO

20. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for those maps ctmom they help out a lot!

I guess now my questions are primarily about the area covered in water where BL's remains were found.

Will they be able to tell how long his remains were in the water? Was that water already there where he entered? Is it possible he died from drowning in that water? Would scavengers including feral hogs have gotten to him while in the water?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.