Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Well-Known Member

Did SB saying Brian was upset returning on 9/1? I didn't catch that. I believe all he said was Brian was visibility upset and grieving when leaving on the morning of the 13th.

2. priyaya

priyaya Well-Known Member

not necessarily. someone mentioned earlier that mandible, portion with teeth, can come off, especially with the decomp that it went through and the water. so we know they had that part of the skull to ID him... just not what else

3. Sachi

Sachi Well-Known Member

Wondered this too?

TL4S likes this.
  4. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

jash, Warwick7, d4j and 8 others like this.
  5. ctmom

ctmom Well-Known Member

It's my understanding once his remains were found, a no fly zone was immediately issued.
    Usually I can pinpoint fairly accurate locations with Heli footage but in this case, I had to go by just media sources.
    I do have a second source that verifies BL's remains location but I'm not sure they're WS approved.

Cindizzi, AnnaGrace, JudgeJoe and 4 others like this.
  6. priyaya

priyaya Well-Known Member

yes the helicopter footage did cover that area, when father voluntarily joined the search and it was all covered in water

7. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Well-Known Member

They went to Laundrie house to collect items of Brian for DNA testing. Maybe they collected the parents' DNA but it was never reported.

Cindizzi likes this.
  8. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

Hmmm. If this comes from SB and If I worked at the Lowery Park Zoo in Tampa, I'd do a head count of the chimpanzees...just to make sure.
    MOO

9. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

At the time, I read NPPD'S comment about "in no world" would they have asked the Ls to help in the search to mean "because the FBI was leading the investigation, so NPPD would never themselves make that arrangement with the Ls outside/around the FBI." Unless I'm missing something that guy said that was more precise, I still read it that way.

Again, it's really easy to make a statement (written or oral) and have in mind exactly what you mean but still wind up coming across unclear or being understood in multiple ways.

fencicle, Gemmie, IHAVENOCLUE and 4 others like this.
  10. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

My response was to someone that posted "So I guess this means it was probably not a gunshot to the head...

NO CAUSE, MANNER OF DEATH IDENTIFIED
    Bones Going To Anthropologist"

JudgeJoe and passionflower like this.
  11. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

The two parts are called cranium & mandible--mandible is the jaw. But together they make the skull, so from what LE has said so far, it's possible IMO that when they say "part of the skull" they could be referring to either part. I know they ID'd him from dental records & initially I assumed that meant the mandible (jaw), but it could have been his upper teeth/dental work that they matched. The only thing with that is, it's a bit weird to only have part of the cranium. But I think just about anything can happen in a swamp. JMO

jash, wary, AnnaGrace and 13 others like this.
  12. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

So does he, the long island real estate guy! :D

lastkiss, TigerLou, TRB and 7 others like this.
  13. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

“If the body had been there, when they went by with cadaver dogs, and the body had been there for more than two or three minutes, the odor would have come through the water," Kyle Heyen said on Dan Abrams Live. "They should have been able to locate that body."

"It's highly suspicious," Heyen said. "If the body was there at that time, x weeks ago, and if it's the same dog and the same quality of dog or same quality of training, they should have found him. They would have detected Laundrie's body."

Heyen is the principal and founder of Detector Dogs International, Inc. He says the methodology he trained with involved using actual human parts to teach the dogs.

"If the dogs are well trained, well maintained, and we're in that area, then yeah, they should have smelled the odor of the human," Heyen said.
    K-9 handler not sure how dogs missed remains in Florida reserve | KLAS

14. Fleur-de-lis

Fleur-de-lis Merrily we scroll along

In a Google Maps, you can see areas where it had been flooded, with damp muddy wallows and some standing water in two depressions. I need to look and see when that is. It just shows that the amount of water varies greatly. October is the dry month (for Florida). JMO. Photo credit to Google Maps.

Attached Files:

IHAVENOCLUE, MaryG12 and cady like this.
  15. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Here's a livestream from day his dad went to search

16. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

I don’t view this as a big missing piece to the puzzle and I don’t know that there’s that many that have real lingering questions as what happened to Gabby. In my opinion it’s pretty straightforward what happened to Gabby and that Brian is responsible for her death. I don’t think will ever know the details but the end result was he strangled her. I would be interested to know if there’s any other signs of trauma, although I certainly hope there wasn’tMOO

17. cottonweaver

cottonweaver Well-Known Member

Am shocked at that Cecelia. I hadn't realised it was reopened again!

18. Fleur-de-lis

Fleur-de-lis Merrily we scroll along

I'm wondering if the UPPER part of his skull is missing and just the lower jaw found??? JMO.

19. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

I think it could perhaps have been a gunshot but they don't have the whole skull, reportedly. We'll have to see if they say they found a gun. For dental records, they could have identified him either by upper or lower teeth, so it may not have been intact. If they have very few bones (which it sounds like), they may have a really hard time ruling in or out cause of death. JMO

20. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

One thing that really kept confusing me was the mention of the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park and Carlton Reserve, sounds like BL entered an access point to Carlton from MCEP. Then to the immediate north is Big Slough Preserve off of Rt 72, and west to that, the Myakka River State Park.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.