Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Kick Back and Unwind - Off Topic Side Chat

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread is Open:

Please acknowledge before proceeding

Emotions and frustration are running rampant in the thread and taking it out on others is not permitted. If you need a break, take a break. Continuing to engage in this fashion is not moving the conversation forward.

Of Note:
-Move on from bickering
-Let go of the domestic violence debates
-Stop bringing in mental health

Tip: When you feel most compelled to hit "post" after quickly whipping up that response, see it as a sign you need to step back and re-read what you have written before clicking that button!

*REMINDER: WS Volunteer Admins and Mods are not online 24/7. We may need some time to clean up posts against TOS* AND when there are pages of them it may require closing the thread.

Last edited:
STOP HERE FIRST
———————————————
Mod Note:

Welcome to Thread #77.

Websleuths has 100’s of active threads, and nearly 200k members. With only a few volunteer Mods/Admins we need your help in keeping Gabby’s threads relative, civil, and engaging. Following the rules that are clearly outlined below will support the Mod Team and enhance your experience and interactions with fellow Posters.

The Rules:
-Domestic Violence Discussions/Debates are not permitted
-The Moab Stop is no longer open for discussion (there are 76 threads filled with this info)
-Mental Health is not permitted
-Moab double murders are not permitted unless LE were to change position at some point
-No Bickering (Ignore or “Roll and Scroll”)
-Do not suggest Gabby died by anything other than what the ME has stated (Manual Strangulation)
-Do not Trash Brians parents (You can share opinions or perspectives of events, but rise above the rest. They have not been named POI’s in the case. Stick to what is known / has been reported.)
-Any other rules as outlined in TOS

Tip: Notice if you are posting about the case or about other Posters. Posting about other Posters is off topic. This can show up in the following ways:
-“I don’t know why others……”
-Party X or Party Y “Sympathizers”
-“Some Posters…”
-“Everybody keeps ……”

In a nutshell, be aware of what the intent is behind your post. Is it to bash fellow posters or is it to discuss the case?

Thank you for your help and support!

A Very Tired Mod That Appreciates Each of You,
Tiff

Last edited:
STOP HERE FIRST
———————————————
Mod Note:

Welcome to Thread #77.

Websleuths has 100’s of active threads, and nearly 200k members. With only a few volunteer Mods/Admins we need your help in keeping Gabby’s threads relative, civil, and engaging. Following the rules that are clearly outlined below will support the Mod Team and enhance your experience and interactions with fellow Posters.

The Rules:
-Domestic Violence Discussions/Debates are not permitted
-The Moab Stop is no longer open for discussion (there are 76 threads filled with this info)
-Mental Health is not permitted
-Moab double murders are not permitted unless LE were to change position at some point
-No Bickering (Ignore or “Roll and Scroll”)
-Do not suggest Gabby died by anything other than what the ME has stated (Manual Strangulation)
-Do not Trash Brians parents (You can share opinions or perspectives of events, but rise above the rest. They have not been named POI’s in the case. Stick to what is known / has been reported.)
-Any other rules as outlined in TOS

Tip: Notice if you are posting about the case or about other Posters. Posting about other Posters is off topic. This can show up in the following ways:
-“I don’t know why others……”
-Party X or Party Y “Sympathizers”
-“Some Posters…”
-“Everybody keeps ……”

In a nutshell, be aware of what the intent is behind your post. Is it to bash fellow posters or is it to discuss the case?

Thank you for your help and support!

A Very Tired Mod That Appreciates Each of You,
Tiff
Thank you

From what I've gathered from the posts & input from everyone in this group, this, to me, is the most likely timeline.

Aug 27 - BL kills GP in a fit of rage. (Not planned.)

Aug 28-29 - BL hikes alone to the Northwest (or hitchhikes)

Aug 29 - BL hitchhikes back to GP (Confirmed by 2 drivers), begins driving home?

Aug 30 - BL begins/continues home. Likely also calls home.

Sept 1 - 11am - BL arrives home. Just to buy himself time to think, talks about a breakup. NOT a crime.

Sept 11 - Gabby’s parents’ freak out; Brian has to talk to his parents to ensure they don’t respond

Sept 11-13 - Brian ends up sharing everything with his parents

Sept 13, PM - Brian leaves home on a “camping trip.”

Sept 13-15 - Brian kills himself.

Sept 14-16 - Parents don’t share Brian is gone because it looks suspicious. They haven’t decided what to do yet so want to buy time & protect him in the meantime

Sept 17 - Parents decide it’s been too long, are worried about Brian. SB suggests his odd parsing of them offering to help with Brian, but NOT with Gabby, as “they are two separate investigations”

Sept 17-Oct 21 - Parents prod LE to keep searching in the place where they eventually find Brian.

Obviously MOO!

Last edited:

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
27m

Just interviewed North Port Police. Headlines:
-Notebook: they believe it is salvageable
-They think it is purely coincidence the Laundries found Brian's personal items at reserve.
-Police never followed Brian in the Mustang when he went to the reserve. More soon on NewsNation.
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
26m

Also -- they are disputing Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino's timeline about when he told police Brian was missing.

Some brand new stuff in the last hour or so from SB:

Article title is about BL's notebook, but there's much more interesting stuff than that here. In this article, SB says some things new as far as I know. SB says BL arrived home upset on Sept 1. Also, this quote: Asked outright about Petito's killing and whether Brian admitted anything to his clients, Bertolino says, "That is not for discussion right now ... I am not going to comment any further on anything in respect to Gabby."
- first time I've seen him make any kind of humane gesture toward Gabby
- very notably doesn't deny the murder
Brian Laundrie's Parents 'Have No Inkling' What Might Be in Notebook Found Near Remains: Lawyer

SB spoke to TMZ to break the news that BL's autopsy is done, no TOD/COD, bones going to an anthropologist:
Laundrie Family Attorney Says No Cause or Matter of Death Identified in Autopsy

Really interested in what an anthropologist could come up with that a medical examiner couldn't. As far as I know they can detect a lot of things about bones that maybe a medical examiner wouldn't be specialized in.
Also curious to know how many more bones were found and if the rest of the skull were found.
Assuming at this point that no gun was involved as they would have found one by now.
Edit: as far as I know an anthropologist cannot officially determine a cause of death as they are not qualified to.

Attachments

• 1 Power Line Trail . Bridge . LE Vehicles . Laundrie House - Copy.png
    1 Power Line Trail . Bridge . LE Vehicles . Laundrie House - Copy.png
    977.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Apx 1050 Yards - BL to M.png
    Apx 1050 Yards - BL to M.png
    1,017 KB · Views: 178
Some brand new stuff in the last hour or so from SB:

Article title is about BL's notebook, but there's much more interesting stuff than that here. In this article, SB says some things new as far as I know. SB says BL arrived home upset on Sept 1. Also, this quote: Asked outright about Petito's killing and whether Brian admitted anything to his clients, Bertolino says, "That is not for discussion right now ... I am not going to comment any further on anything in respect to Gabby."
- first time I've seen him make any kind of humane gesture toward Gabby
- very notably doesn't deny the murder
Brian Laundrie's Parents 'Have No Inkling' What Might Be in Notebook Found Near Remains: Lawyer

SB spoke to TMZ to break the news that BL's autopsy is done, no TOD/COD, bones going to an anthropologist:
Laundrie Family Attorney Says No Cause or Matter of Death Identified in Autopsy
bbm
This ! ^^^

How likely is it that a forensic anthropologist will be able to provide an approximate time of death? It seems that everything is undetermined by the medical examiner due to the condition of whatever remains were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn