Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WestGL

WestGL Well-Known Member

Chris and SB are acting so unusual, I have to think that Brian admitted the murder. That info would cause them to be so extremely deliberate, cautious, and mysterious. IMO

when Banfield asked SB point blank “did Brian kill gabby?” and “did Brian tell his parents he killed gabby?” I got a strong sense that SB knows it’s yes. And yes. He paused, stammered, blushed ever so slightly. Anyone else see it?

I wonder if Brian eventually told them the same thing he said in Moab, “she was crazily attacking me and I was trying to hold her back “ he has the Moab incident to back up his story. So they all blame her and tried to protect Brian

2. danablue1

danablue1 Well-Known Member

Before I sign off on this website I just wanted to say I first tuned in because Gabby was missing and I wanted her found. Then when she was found dead I wanted the responsible party to be found. <modsnip> To be honest I feel sad that both parents lost a child but at the end of the day the person that killed her is dead also, so end of story. Yes things could have been done differently and handled better but it's not going to change things. It's a sad situation all around I just wish both of them could have had a better ending. I will always have a little piece of Gabby in my heart. Even though I didn't know her she was someone that I would have liked to.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2021
    KaJo87, beyondbabylon, Ooohm and 33 others like this.
  3. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

I agree with you that in this case, ‘everybody else’ is like the Northern equivalent of the Southern ‘all y’all’, in Cassie’s lexicon.

She is aligning herself in ignorance with the great percentage of the population, and all but saying ‘my parents told me squat’.

4. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

I can't think of another case similar to this one. The L's have already changed the date of when they last saw their "distressed" son at least once that I know of. IMO most parents would not forget something as important as when they last saw their son before he went on the run and became the focus of a manhunt. Though somehow the L's did. That alone is fishy IMO.
    LE has access to phone records, video from cameras all over the town BL lives in as well as the cameras installed at the neighbors' house (s) recording the L house. IMO I think that the various videos of BL as well as the phone records will show that the timeline is still off and that someone in the L circle was not being forthcoming with LE. Had they been honest with LE from the beginning, their son could have been taken into custody sooner and alive. If they did anything to stop that from happening, they should be prosecuted for it. IMO.

5. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

There could be charges unrelated to her death.
    For example, and I'm not saying this happened because I do not know, but if they had lied to the FBI at any stage that would be charged I imagine.
    If it became known that they knew the location of Gabby's body and withheld that information from search parties at the time, they could be in trouble.
    If they knew their son intended suiciding to evade justice, it could be an issue too.
    If Gabby's van had been cleaned with chemicals in an effort to mask a cadaverine smell and if it was known they assisted, cos neighbours notice stuff, there could be a problem.

6. Balthazar

Balthazar Well-Known Member

Have we seen Cassie over at her parents house yesterday or today or even after BL was found? No we have not.

So, I guess she was probably informed by LE.

7. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

BL being 10 years her junior most likely made her the scapegoat .
    This is just MOO thinking out loud.
    I give her props for speaking out.
    I’m looking forward to all the puzzle pieces.

MOO

8. kittythehare

I agree and I share your thoughts on this.

9. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

I’m fascinated by the “grieving” issue. I work in a psychology practice, & we use the word grieving pretty liberally, the vast majority of times to do with abrupt life changes, trauma exposures, etc, definitely not exclusively to do with a death.

Why I’m fascinated is because SB walked that word back so fully—it was the wrong word, he said, & he had said it because he was tired. Ok, that could be true. However, he could have so easily said something like, “everyone wants to take it the wrong way, BL was obviously grieving that they broke up in Wyoming.” But instead, he says BL actually wasn’t grieving, like at all, for anything.

The idea that he so fully backed away from that word suggests to me that there had only been one connotation in mind when he used that word—that of a death. The other possible interpretations for “grieving” weren’t in his mind both at the time he used it, or after, when asked about its possible implications.

And of course, as you mentioned too, anyone grieving the death of Gabby on Sept 13 was the killer, because only the killer knew she was dead then.

JMO

Hoosgirl, Ooohm, Ruminations and 32 others like this.
  10. cottonweaver

cottonweaver Well-Known Member

Whilst I realise the Laundries haven't spoken about this ( other than lawyers statement) & I don't expect to get more info from then on the storage unit trip does anybody remember if Gabby's parents also seemed to take that excuse at face value?

11. simplemind

simplemind Well-Known Member

I think the real worry is if there are inconsistencies with what SB or the parents have told LE and whatever surveillance or evidence LE has.

12. angelwngs

angelwngs Well-Known Member

Well said.
    To put it bluntly: Murder / Suicide
    IMO

13. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

Yes, there are no winners here. It's a tragedy all around for those who loved Gabby and Brian.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2021
    IHAVENOCLUE, Sundog, kotis and 7 others like this.
  14. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

This may have already been discussed as I’m a thread behind.
    Remember when SB announced on September 20 that he would hold a press conference the following day in New York?
    Here is just one of the reporters who tweeted about it, with his official announcement on letterhead attached, talking about press set-up.

At 11:37 am

https://twitter.com/gaillevyontv/status/1440007341513007109?s=21
    BrianLaundrie’s lawyer just told me there will be a press conference in NY tomorrow.

At 8:26 pm same day September 20

https://twitter.com/gaillevyontv/status/1440140249208745989?s=12
    LAUNDRIE’S LAWYER CANCELED THE PRESS CONFERENCE! He just texted me:

“As per my conversation with the FBI this evening there will be no press conference tomorrow.”

what do y’all think SB was going to say ? What did FBI do or say to change his mind?

Attached Files:

15. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

bbm
    If this is the scenario -- it's tragic beyond words.
    Imo.

bbm
    Ita.
    Indeed.

LAhiker, kittythehare and makayla like this.
  16. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

This is a really great post @ctmom. Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

As stated earlier, I think this is a problem for them. MOO. I do not believe these conditions existed during the entire week and even early into the next week when the search initially began. They had a week to go go look for him and "find him within 2o minutes" back then. But, they didn't. Until we get forensics back with a hopeful time of death range, I still stand by the possibility that Brian was not initially in that Reserve. Rather, he only went to it after the heat on his sister and his parents. There is not reporting that I have found indicating the Reserve was flooded on September 13 -17. MOO

It had started raining around the time of the MP report and was becoming wet and swampy
    https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439282240693878785

By September 19th there was visible water but, they were still walking in it just fine. It was not yet "chest-high water". MOO
    https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439588129984425985

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

They had the whole week prior to go look for him. IMO it is possible they didn't do this because they didn't think (or they knew) that he was there at that time. JMO MOO Not fact. If TOD comes back to his departure on 9/13, I think the parents' exposure lessens significantly. MOO

17. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

RSBM And anyone that the killer told

18. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying, and you make some excellent points.

But I just don't think LE has the resources to pursue these avenues when worse crimes have to be investigated.

I don't mean worse crimes than Gabby's murder. I mean worse crimes than what the Laundries might have done afterward to protect him, just for clarification.

Ruminations, kotis, x_files and 3 others like this.
  19. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

Cady you just made me think of something. Last night on Banfield after railing at the whole world, he softened completely when talking about LE—“I don’t blame them, & you shouldn’t blame them.” That took me off guard—his change of tone, for one thing, & also that he harbours no hard feelings at all? He’s not mad for example that FBI didn’t convey to NPPD that he told them BL was missing? Or that they dispute so many of his public statements? I didn’t know what to make of it but now based on what you say I wonder if in his junket he’s trying to ingratiate himself to LE if he feels he or the family face any exposure? JMO

20. Maligned1

Maligned1 Active Member

If he left any sort of confession, I'll bet he was very careful to exonerate his parents.

21. kittythehare

I remember it well but I'd forgotten it.
    It's significant, I imagine. Thanks for finding it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.