Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the point in saying these things by NPPD-it sounds worse than they just missed it. This case seems to be littered with instances of people who should better know when it’s better off to keep your mouth shut but just don’t seem to be able to. IMO.

Maybe JT is being completely honest, the officer on duty thought Roberta was Brian, as crazy as that sounds it might be 100% honesty.

I was thinking they only saw the person driving. She does have a short hair? I don’t know. Just playing devils advocate.

Look at photos of her, you can clearly see her hair, dark brown and grey 2 or 3 inches under the baseball cap on all sides. And then there are the women's clothes - her tunic tops, lymphedema sleeve, women's shoes, and usually she carries a women's purse or a women's backpack. She isn't bald, doesn't have heavy eyebrows, a beard and mustache. She's not a wiry young man. She is obviously decades older than BL. She is shorter than her husband and BL, at 5'8" is a bit taller than his father. The NPPD would have to be literally blind not to realize it was not BL. I'm just floored that a mistake like this could have been made. Did the NPPD NOT have a photo of BL?

Brian Laundrie Mistaken for Mom, Not Watched Carefully, Police Admit

Here is why the police said they knew where Brian was when it turned out they didn't.

LE mistook BL for his mother?

After much of what we've read about this case has been confusing, and/or bizarre, and/or unbelievable, we are now charged to believe LE mistook BL for his mother?

"O time, thou must untangle this, not I.
It is too hard a knot for me t’ untie."
- William Shakespeare

Forsooth! IMO.

Look at photos of her, you can clearly see her hair, dark brown and grey 2 or 3 inches under the baseball cap on all sides. And then there are the women's clothes - her tunic tops, lymphedema sleeve, women's shoes, and usually she carries a women's purse or a women's backpack. She isn't bald, doesn't have heavy eyebrows, a beard and mustache. She's not a wiry young man. She is obviously decades older than BL. She is shorter than her husband and BL, at 5'8" is a bit taller than his father. The NPPD would have to be literally blind not to realize it was not BL. I'm just floored that a mistake like this could have been made. Did the NPPD NOT have a photo of BL?

I cannot help but think of "Smokey and the Bandit" every time I hear about the NPPD and this case. Glad I don't live in that town.

This new development should not help to foster better relations between NPPD and the Ls.
Now NPPD has gone and insulted RL for her appearance!
I think they were referring to the driver of the vehicle, not her general appearance as she walked around.. a baseball cap could lead to that conclusion of a driver.

I think he was running to avoid the reality of what he'd done. When he was picked up twice hitchhiking, I don't think his stories were to form an alibi as much as he was perhaps in denial about what had happened. She wasn't dead, she was working on her vlog, etc... That and running from the scene didn't help. Perhaps, in his mind, there was only one way to permanently get away from it...

I lean this way as well.... that he was just "out of his mind".

When folks armchair psychological disorders that may pertain to Brian, I just keep coming back to "he had nothing in his life except Gabby".
And I feel the disclosure that he DID HAVE medication at the Moab stop, that he just did not want to take because it messed with his head (paraphrasing) ..... I dunno..... does lead me to believe that there probably have been some issues or mental diagnoses in the past.

Maybe he was desperately trying to think of how he could "live" if no one ever found her.......... I still think he could not go on for too long without her.

I am actually more content with him offing himself. In the long run, it was the best thing for 6 parents. In the short run, i dunno....

I feel like I stepped into the Twilight Zone, The NPPD needs more funding for proper training and I mean that with all due respect, I know it is NOT an easy job but they need more officers/trained eyes to help. Are they understaffed?

I stated very clearly that we don't know what happened at the restaurant. The restaurant was probably asked by the FBI not to discuss it. If BL had been captured alive and there was a trial they would not have wanted anything the staff had to say in court tainted by media interviews.

raises a great question....... given the unlikelihood of said trial........... are people able to speak their minds with no repercussions?? If it is only social media that will judge, will LOTS of people start speaking out.................

we may be here for years, folks.

I don’t understand the point in saying these things by NPPD-it sounds worse than they just missed it. This case seems to be littered with instances of people who should better know when it’s better off to keep your mouth shut but just don’t seem to be able to. IMO.

No kidding!

He also didn't bother to try to establish any alibis during the trip back or once he arrived in FL, so his reversal to chatty guy who talks about his gf to going completely silent obviously came sometime after being dropped off in Spread Creek on the 29th.
So far, we only have one witness's account of the Merry Piglet's story with only vague details about what happened there, so for me, I'm logging that way as one event in a pattern of events that started even before the incident in Moab. I'm not convinced that that was the final straw, so to speak.

I see a distinct change from BL's demeanor from "before" and "after."

In the Moab video, he's chatty, open, offering details about GP and their relationship. He engages in small talk with people on the trails (the guy he helped on the rock at Arches, the other guy whom he gave his skateboard to, etc) Even his Instagram posts share a lot of information about himself, his interests, his relationship with GP, and his opinions.

At some point, though, he goes silent. He disappears off social media. He doesn't speak to anyone outside of his family. He refuses to answer the Petitos' phone calls or LE's questions. Even on his drive back to FL, we don't have any accounts (at least not public ones!) of him chatting up gas station employees or restaurant waitresses or hotel desk clerks.

When I look at the hitchhiking accounts, it seems to match the former rather than the latter. He mentions his fiancée and her blog. He mentions their van. He mentions some of the hiking he's been doing. He's very free with these details in ways that he is not after he leaves the Tetons. That's why I think that something happened after these August 29 encounters to drastically change his demeanor.

Here is why the police said they knew where Brian was when it turned out they didn't.

During a recent interview with WINK News in Florida, North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said the department watched Laundrie leave his home on September 13 and then believed he returned home in his Ford Mustang on September 15.

However, the North Port Police Department later learned that the person in the vehicle was Brian's mother, Roberta Laundrie.

"I believe it was it was his mom who was wearing a baseball cap," Taylor told the local news station. "They had returned from the park with that Mustang. So who does that? Right? Like, if you think your son's missing since Tuesday, you're going to bring his car back to the home.

So it didn't make sense that anyone would do that if he wasn't there. So the individual getting out with a baseball cap we thought was Brian."

"They're kind of built similarly," Taylor added in regard to Brian and his mother.

A day after officials with the North Port Police Department believed Laundrie returned home, they held a press conference where Chief Todd Garrison said that "All I'm going to say is we know where Brian Laundrie is at," believing that he was still at his home in North Port.

While Bertolino previously told the FBI that Laundrie did not return home from his hike, an official missing persons report was not filed with the North Port Police Department until Friday, September 17.

"When the family reported him on Friday. That was certainly news to us that they had not seen him," Taylor said. "We thought that we'd seen Brian initially come back into that home on that Wednesday...No case is perfect

i dunno.............. this sounds a lot more embarrasing than clarifying.............

:eek:

During a recent interview with WINK News in Florida, North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said the department watched Laundrie leave his home on September 13 and then believed he returned home in his Ford Mustang on September 15.

However, the North Port Police Department later learned that the person in the vehicle was Brian's mother, Roberta Laundrie.

"I believe it was it was his mom who was wearing a baseball cap," Taylor told the local news station. "They had returned from the park with that Mustang. So who does that? Right? Like, if you think your son's missing since Tuesday, you're going to bring his car back to the home.

So it didn't make sense that anyone would do that if he wasn't there. So the individual getting out with a baseball cap we thought was Brian."

"They're kind of built similarly," Taylor added in regard to Brian and his mother.

A day after officials with the North Port Police Department believed Laundrie returned home, they held a press conference where Chief Todd Garrison said that "All I'm going to say is we know where Brian Laundrie is at," believing that he was still at his home in North Port.

While Bertolino previously told the FBI that Laundrie did not return home from his hike, an official missing persons report was not filed with the North Port Police Department until Friday, September 17.

"When the family reported him on Friday. That was certainly news to us that they had not seen him," Taylor said. "We thought that we'd seen Brian initially come back into that home on that Wednesday...No case is perfect
Say what? :eek:

Somebody should have stopped talking. This is just making things worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!