Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor says officers thought they saw Brian Laundrie coming home in the Mustang Wednesday Sept. 15 -- but it was actually his mom Roberta. Taylor tells me because Roberta was wearing a baseball cap, officers were confused and made the mistake. Taylor says this is why the police chief said on Thursday Sept 16th that he knew where Brian Laundrie was, when in fact he didn't.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1452752566228500480?s=21

I do not think that Roberta and BL are built alike.
NPPD made a costly assumption.
JT says they thought it was BL because wtte - Who brings home the car their missing son drove away in?
Well, now we know.
The Ls did that, apparently because there was a warning ticket on the car that it would be towed away if not removed.

This case just gets weirder and weirder!
jmho

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is my interpretation from the reports and video footage released, that the parents found the white dry bag and a black item (which they put inside the bag before showing LE). LE actually found the backpack, notebook and partial remains in a separate but nearby area.

ETA: I'm sure lab technicians will be analyzing all the evidence and can easily tell the difference.
bbm
Oh! Could be. For some reason I have now forgotten I thought that CL found the notebook.
jmho

ETA: I stand corrected.
LE found the notebook.

Last edited:
I think he went home (to empty storage unit) because they decided to break up!
Now did she ask him to come back?
Did they do this often?
After the restaurant argument did he leave
Her there abd hitch a ride offering the person 200 bucks? Did he then get a text message from her asking him to come back
This is probably when they had their last fight! And she dies!
Just another theory among many!

maybe he left every time they had a fight and she would call him back!
I wish they had the phones it would explain a lot I think!

LE has the phone records. No such thing as erasing your digital footprint these days - unless you have ALOT of money and friends in very high places! And even then there will be traces.

North Port Police admit to mistakes in Brian Laundrie investigation

@Dannielle_Garci

Like mother like son? NPPD's Josh Taylor tells
@winknews
reporter Erika Jackson that when Chief Garrison said he knew where Brian Laundrie was.. its because officers thought they saw him come home in his mustang.. turns out .. it was his MOM in a baseball cap.

Video:
https://twitter.com/Dannielle_Garci/status/1452717007082770437?s=20

This is their explanation from the article:

“ North Port Police believe Brian Laundrie looks very much like his mother, Roberta. Josh Taylor is the public information officer for the North Port Police Department. “They’re kind of built similarly,” said Taylor.”

They could not tell a 55-yr. old woman from her athletic (lean) 23yr old son. They need some glasses at the NPPD. They do not look alike nor do they walk the same. IMO this is a very weak excuse for losing a POI suspect!

I think he went home (to empty storage unit) because they decided to break up!
Now did she ask him to come back?
Did they do this often?
After the restaurant argument did he leave
Her there abd hitch a ride offering the person 200 bucks? Did he then get a text message from her asking him to come back
This is probably when they had their last fight! And she dies!
Just another theory among many!

maybe he left every time they had a fight and she would call him back!
I wish they had the phones it would explain a lot I think!

My first thought--and still prominent thought--is that he flew home because they broke up. Then, JMOO, he moved his stuff out of the storage shed that they shared, but probably left her stuff there.

Flying back to her was extravagant, so I can't help but think it was for one of two reasons--either to get back together and make a better effort--or to kill her so if he couldn't have her, no one could.

The reason I think the second scenario isn't all that farfetched was his very disturbed mindset at the Merry Piglets (or whatever its name is). That repetitive coming and going seems very much like a man on the edge. Perhaps he had mentally committed to killing her but emotionally he was a wreck.

It doesn't sound as though he had very many female relationships, so he might not have been able to see himself with anyone but Gabby. Of course, that's all MOO--I'm certainly no expert.

But, when my husband was growing up in Colorado Springs, he occasionally played with a little boy who live a couple of blocks away. He never went in their house, but the mother came out and would give them treats. One morning, my husband's parents sat him down for a talk. They explained that the mother had drugged her children and her husband and when they were asleep had shot them all. Then she shot herself.

I just sometimes think people view the world as too challenging, painful, and difficult for themselves and for their loved one. Perhaps, he was planning a murder/suicide all along but couldn't actually kill himself until a few weeks later.

All conjecture on my part.

Considering the fact they also had cameras around the house and in the neighbours garden. Double hmmmm.

Not to mention why wasn't she followed? if they thought she was Brian? or did they miss her leaving and only see her when she returned? <modsnip>

MOOIMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is their explanation from the article:

“ North Port Police believe Brian Laundrie looks very much like his mother, Roberta. Josh Taylor is the public information officer for the North Port Police Department. “They’re kind of built similarly,” said Taylor.”

They could not tell a 55-yr. old woman from her athletic (lean) 23yr old son. They need some glasses at the NPPD. They do not look alike nor do they walk the same. IMO this is a very weak excuse for losing a POI suspect!

I agree. That's kind of a lame reason.

I know there's a lot of people who believe GP died on Aug 27, but now that we know cause of death was strangulation, the idea that BL hiked up to Colter Bay with a tarp to "clean up" just doesn't seem to fit logically anymore. What would BL (a guy who admitted to LE that he regularly tracked dirt into the van) have been so intent upon "cleaning up" if there wasn't blood or gunpowder residue involved? And why--if he just freaked out and took off on foot--would he bring the tarp along? And why hang around the area (with the van just yards from GP's body) for two more days? I know folks on here have said that they think the hitchhiking stories were to establish alibis, but if anything, those stories helped narrow down exactly where the van--and GP's remains--were located. He also didn't bother to try to establish any alibis during the trip back or once he arrived in FL, so his reversal from chatty guy who talks about his gf to going completely silent obviously came sometime after being dropped off in Spread Creek on the 29th.

I still think the date that makes more sense is Aug 29 -- that after he gets back from hiking/hitchhiking that GP confronts him about deserting her (possibly without a phone or keys) for the day when she was supposed to be meeting up with a friend. He kills her, he freaks out, shoves everything in the van, and doesn't stop driving until he gets home.

MOO

Last edited:
The other day I asked if anyone had seen a written letter from Brian to his parents. I saw it and it just disappeared. I knew I saw it. So here is a link to WFLA and two of their anchors talking about the case. They too heard of the letter now floating around media and the web. They said nothing has been confirmed that this was from BL and many are trying to be confirm one way or the other. It could be BL letter or it could be a fake. We will have to wait and see. So for now it’s being researched.

THe WFLA TV anchors discussing this is at the station and this was copied from the station site but was on you tube….it is WFLA TV and they have had postings on here before.

this is from WFLA. It is anchors Josh Benson and JB Buinno discussing the case.
Monday Oct 25, 2021. It is about 2 hours long. It is interesting. The info on the letter is about half way through the recording.

Not to mention why wasn't she followed? if they thought she was Brian? or did they miss her leaving and only see her when she returned? <modsnip>

MOOIMHO
Remember though that there was no warrant for BL's arrest at this time, nor had Gabby's body been found. So I'm not surprised there would not have been 24/7 surveillance at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think after the fact he got out of there fast, he packed a change of clothes to hike/ shower/clean up at Colter Bay. He discarded his old clothes and with a now lighter backpack tried to hitch a ride to the van either because he was lost, tired or had some sense of urgency to get there or maybe all 3. I think Aug 27 was the last day Gabby was alive.

My personal theory is that BL strangled (throttled) Gabby to death the night of the Aug 27. I believe he was ENRAGED after she went back into the restaurant to apologize for his behavior.

We don't know what set him off in the restaurant or why Gabby was crying but I would be willing to bet he started the day in a nasty mood that continued to escalate though the day. If Gabby was crying a restaurant staff member could have asked if she was ok, setting him off even more. Maybe somebody put something non vegetarian on his plate, maybe the food came not enough or fast enough. Maybe he asked for no pickles and they put pickles on his plate. We just don't know. We do know, via the Moab body cam footage, that BL belittled Gabby and her travel blog. That could have been a continuing cause of anger on his part - he may have been upset that she was devoting time to that instead of focusing 100% on him.

From the Moab body cam footage and everything else I have read about him, he strikes(d) me as a very emotionally needy person.

BBM Maybe this was an emergency?

Didn't Josh Taylor previously describe that LE were at the house very late that night and into the early morning? I distinctly remember him saying that in an interview

Actually, IIRC, the van was towed on the 11th. However, I thought they were out of town at two different places per the attorney unless I remembered this incorrectly. MOO

LE has the phone records. No such thing as erasing your digital footprint these days - unless you have ALOT of money and friends in very high places! And even then there will be traces.
Well I guess they do. But if they did I’d think many of the questions could be answered!
Esp for her mom and dad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member