Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Brian Laundrie has been officially named by LE to be a POI in this case which is still a missing persons case at this time. He may be sleuthed.

The Awareness Foundation is approved for discussion.

The "Find Gabby" FB page is not approved at this time as there is still nothing on the page to indicate it is family run and nothing directly from the family indicating that they are involved in the Administration of the page.

To speculate that the victim was involved in drugs or somehow responsible for her own disappearance is off limits as Not Victim Friendly. Negative speculation on a victim is not allowed. Such posts will be removed.

Warning points and possible Time Outs will be issued for members who violate Websleuths Victim Friendly rule.

Please read The Rules and post accordingly.

Mod Note:

Suggestions of a publicity stunt while someone is missing is not victim friendly. Until LE suggests otherwise, Gabby is missing and WS will treat the missing persons case with the care and compassion a missing person deserves. Posts suggesting this is a stunt or hoax have been removed.

To avoid having your post removed and risk losing posting privileges:

- remember that Gabby, her family and her friends are considered VICTIMS, and protected by Websleuths’ victim-friendly policy
- don’t post anything as fact without an MSM link.
- don’t use derogatory names for ANYone.
- don’t discuss comments from ANYone on any social media.
- don’t bicker.

This is not the complete list of rules, but merely the ones that have been violated here this evening. Do yourself and Websleuths a favor and read over THE RULES HERE to help keep this thread opened.

THANKS for your efforts to do that going forward.

Mod Note:

With LE's statement that the cases are not connected, future posts connecting the cases will be removed as off topic.

It has been brought to our attention that somebody copied our earlier press release, altered the document, and then reposted it. Disregard the press release that is dated "September 17, 2021; 1700 Mountain Time". This is false information. There is no press conference scheduled for Saturday the 18th of September. Whoever created the false post also misspelled the names in the document.
Our earlier press release is still the current and up to date standing involving the two cases. They are not related.

(20+) Grand County Sheriff's Office | Facebook

I agree!
Stay off the lawn.

But as a neighbor I’d offer my lawn!
And I’d want full on tailgating if I were missing. Throw up tents and bring the chairs, cook some gumbo and keep the pressure on!

But I’m in Louisiana. We do it that way here. :D
Heck yeah, I'd want you on my search team! However irritating this incident is to the neighbors, I believe that pressure like this maybe helped his parents speak sooner rather than later. Yes, we live in a civilized society. We don't trespass. But B sorta kinda already broke the civilized society rule, sooo.

This would be exactly what I would imagine their relationship to be like from what we know and how he acted during the police conversation. This is all too common, folks. People want to believe the best about people, but maybe that should stop and we could save some lives.

It absolutely infuriates me that we have an hour and seventeen minutes of video evidence of Gabby's fragile emotional state and Brian's cocky demeanor and people still questioned whether she was overreacting and he must be the victim because he has scratches on his face.

if they were there to arrest him they would have done that fairly quickly, if they were there about the protesters i believe they would have came out and said something to them by now, I believe they most likely have a search warrant which would be the reason they are taking so long.IMO
Not necessarily, LE tends to try to act calm, cool, and do an interview, on the oremi
:(

That is not a good sign :(
Not a good sign at all. And I do know that kind. Controlling, and insecure.

Uhhh..what? You think stopping your partner from going out with a friend by stealing her ID is something everyone does? That making sure your partner doesn’t have any friends is a normal thing?

If these are common traits in your life you have been in very, very toxic and unhealthy relationships and you should leave those people immediately. That is not normal.

I went back and reread what I was commented on and I misread it. I thought "Rose" was a guy. And that he didn't want her sharing her gps info with a guy. I don't know very many 20 something guys who wouldn't be bothered by that. A girlfriend would be something different.

I agree, but the one significant thing from the bodycam footage is we know she cared a lot about the van and her own safety, and wouldn't have given it to him and walked away, or at least, not without first getting support from parents or others.
He likely did exactly what she was so afraid would happen. He left the journey without her, and took all of her belongings. And know one knows where she is. Wonder if he ever told her that she would disappear and no one would find her, no one would care? Wrong. Millions of people care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304