Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justalittlesunbeam

justalittlesunbeam Well-Known Member

This, I think. When was last seen? I can't find that. I thought I read that when police initially went to the home the family "didn't make him available." Was he there then? Has he been there since he dropped the van off at his parents home? Maybe the family/lawyer knew where he was and informed the police but now no one can contact him. But I'm not making the assumption that he's been at his parents house this whole time.

2. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

I think Puerto Rico was a joke -

3. ellasmom

ellasmom Active Member

More than likely they “DID” kno
    w where he was and then he took off. Reminds me of the Tara Grant case where the police were at their house serving a search warrant and husband just walked away and borrowed a friends car and went on the run.

hawkeyefan51 likes this.
  4. BelieveinUFO

BelieveinUFO Well-Known Member

Which state (FL,NY,WY) can charge BL's attorney for fraudulent activity causing a person of interest to go missing and causing public disturbance and danger to the community?

5. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

Hard to tell when to write MOO. I see A LOT of opinions without a MOO disclaimer, but now that one of MY posts was singled out, I'll just start writing MOO in every post.

cujenn81 and Gigi3 like this.
  6. officer'swife 2010

officer'swife 2010 Well-Known Member

I’m so far behind, the thread is moving fast, so now he’s missing??? And also was there proof he flew back to Florida??

Curious-A likes this.
  7. ellasmom

ellasmom Active Member

More than likely they “DID” kno
    I think they “DID” know where he was and then he took off. Reminds me of the Tara Grant case where the police were at their house serving a search warrant and husband just walked away and borrowed a friends car and went on the run.

Curious-A likes this.
  8. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

At this point, LE should disclose where he was when they knew his location. He's missing. If they want to find the guy, they need to state his last known location!

9. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

Everything about this case is sad. I hope we don't find out it was somehow preventable. Wonder what LE removed from the house? Suicide note? Confession?

10. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

To be fair, for all we know his parents could have spent the past week trying to get their son to speak with the police.

I find it very difficult to judge his parents who, like many of us, would take our children in and then maybe try to convince them to do the right thing. Hire a lawyer as an intermediary.

This could be why BL has disappeared. Because no-one is on "his side". Not his parents, not his lawyer.

11. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

NoSI, nyvictoria, AnnaGrace and 13 others like this.
  12. sunflowerchick

sunflowerchick Well-Known Member

I'm not quite ready to go after BL's parents with pitchforks just yet. Let's suppose he has been home. Let's also suppose he does have mental illness or is unstable, or maybe just dangerous. Is it possible that the parents aren't actually protecting him but rather trying to protect themselves and others? Or maybe even trying to placate BL to avoid the very thing that just happened, him going missing. If he had been there, maybe they were "biding their time", trying to handle him with kid gloves so he didn't commit suicide or disappear. Maybe they hired the attorney for the same reasons. Idk anymore. Just thinking out loud... moo

cujenn81, Curious-A, wary and 9 others like this.
  13. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

I wonder if they just thought they knew where he was these last several days? If that’s the case he could be anywhere by now. They keep mentioning Florida locations but they’re probably going to have to stretch their reach. New York City or other areas in the NE are possibilities unless he decided to kill himself.

jmo

Curious-A, hawkeyefan51 and BetzC like this.
  14. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

If this is for real, need to do grid searches in & along the Snake River from whatever remote campsite they were at. Imo

AUGUST 29

Baker said when she mentioned to Laundrie that they were driving to Jackson Hole, Laundrie "freaked out" and asked asked them to pull over and he exited the Jeep.

Baker said they let him out near Jackson Dam in Grand Teton National Park.

"It was a weird situation," Baker said. "When we picked him up he was wearing a backpack, he had a long sleeve, pants, hiking boots, and he had like, scruff. Um, but, he didn't look dirty. For someone who was camping for multiple days, like, he didn't look dirty, he didn't smell dirty. So that part was kind of weird."… Laundrie allegedly told her that he and Gabby were camping along Snake River, on an unregulated camp ground, "basically out in the middle of nowhere." Laundrie allegedly told them he had been "hiking for days along Snake River.
    "

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  15. PonderingOne

PonderingOne Member

16. agilbe

agilbe Well-Known Member

OK this is just a thought. Does anyone know if BL was the one that brought the van to Florida orrrr did someone go out and retrieve it?? Just a thought.

17. PonderingOne

PonderingOne Member

18. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Waiting for the presser with BL's parents tearfully pleading for info on their missing son.

JayWill, helvetica, MyJoey and 8 others like this.
  19. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

NoSI, HayLouise, AnnaGrace and 30 others like this.
  20. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

Wow. Someone remind me to never ever go get a salad in the middle of a fast paced case again.

Wow. On the run ? How did they lose him?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.