Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jking

jking Active Member

Gabby and her friend's use of a tracking app should have been of no concern to Gabby's fiance. My hypothetical feelings about my husband using a tracking app with another woman has nothing to do with this and I shouldn't have replied about it in the first place.

2. aleerosa

aleerosa Member

I'm beginning to wonder if both of the are mentally unstable. Nothing makes sense at this point

3. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

per the NP Police: the September 10 report was about a phone call, not a visit by Mr. Petito to the Laundrie house. They specifically said that he phoned from his home in Verona, and didn't go to BL's home..

AnnaGrace, Curious-A, SuziQ and 6 others like this.
  4. Pepper6564

Pepper6564 Well-Known Member

Where did you read that? I’m hopelessly behind

5. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

Yes it does. If he in fact, was hearing voices and having trouble sleeping, as GP’s friend stated then he may have been exhibiting signs and symptoms of schizophrenia which usually manifests in the early 20’s.

6. james1962

james1962 Member

I understand but they are also hindering the investigation by doing so and I am glad the police came out and told them so even though it is apparently not working.

7. rkendmar

rkendmar Well-Known Member

Mo Thuairim, NoSI, thor124 and 22 others like this.
  8. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

I’m not certain but this may just be a setting the user inputs manually. Like on dating apps where you can specify your location. You can choose it to be anywhere in the world.

9. Harvath

Harvath Well-Known Member

Very Interesting. I wasn’t aware of this detail but I haven’t been on the boards since 1est today and didn’t have time to catch up. Ugh. Sounds like this is starting to snowball/gain speed that it is Occam’s razor and whatever did happen was just between Gabby and BL. Expected(at least to me) but it doesn’t sound like she’s with us anymore. Or at least it seems that’s where this is headed. Royally Sucks even if i expected it. Just tragic. :(

10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Curious-A, PaulaDC and PixieStix like this.
  11. SovereignSnake

SovereignSnake Well-Known Member

I must admit this not completely inconceivable but hear me out... Why was Brian (allegedly) hiking alone for multiple days, with nothing but a tarp and suddenly he is also now wearing hiking boots? I mean even in that one Instagram photo Gabby was talking about everyone crowding round and complimenting her shoes and Brian hiking barefoot. I'm assuming "multiple days" would suggest the 25th-29th. This witness in the TikTok video claims Brian was heading to Jackson but then once he's in the car and they tell him they're heading to Jackson Brian allegedly "freaks out" and asks to be let out. So as I understand this, Gabby and Brian arrived on the afternoon/evening of the 25th in Grand Teton and immediately split up and she stayed behind to work on their travel website and Brian just went off with virtually zero supplies to camp "alone." This is just absolutely unbelievable. I mean considering he was back in Florida September 1st can we assume or hazard a guess that whatever happened to Gabby, happened the night of the 29th when Brian as it would seem from this story was hitchhiking back to meet her? Or, alternatively, was Gabby already dead and Brian was going to hitchhike out of Wyoming, as in he had just started that day this girl and her boyfriend picked him up, leaving the van, but then, Brian had a change of heart and decided to go back for the van? Like he realized hitchhiking was going to completely suck and he just got really paranoid after these two picked him up? What if Gabby's body is somewhere near Jackson Dam/Coulter Bay? Very strange indeed!

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  12. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

No.

13. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I think that would be their default locations. Not necessarily where they are at the moment.

AllTrails requires a valid city to be associated with your account so that we can recommend great local trails.
    How do I update my default location?

insatiable and zecats like this.
  14. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

This is America, it's inevitable. And legal with the exception of being on public property. There's probably some local ordinance re decibels and hour of the day, and it will be closed down. The cops are so used to all of this I doubt they even hear it. I suspect what the family and their son are getting on SM is far far worse. I'd rather they scream and shout all night long than let Brian get away with what he has done to her family, if not outright murder.

15. bambibones

per the NP Police: the September 10 report was about a phone call, not a visit by Mr. Petito to the Laundrie house. They specifically said that he phoned from his home in Verona, and didn't go to BL's home..
    Yes. He's almost certainly not even there. And if he's in an institution somewhere, they may not even be allowed to visit him.

16. UnderstandBlue

UnderstandBlue Well-Known Member

Or just friends who are concerned about each other. It's not unusual to have find my friends turned on in a friend group. I don't find that odd at all. Or if you have a loved one in a dangerous profession like LE or search and rescue. The podcast To Live and Die in LA convinced a lot of people to turn on their Google Timeline - I don't think it's weird absent other concerning behavior, especially if you were in remote areas with bad cell service, living your #vanlife.

17. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

i am going to go ahead and call this in...just letting everyone know so that they do not have to get multiple calls. This is an awesome find @Lurkiee

18. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

maybe they do, teleconference?

Curious-A likes this.
  19. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

It is ok to worry, sure. It is not ok to act on it in ways that take away SO's autonomy. Mature balanced people talk about it and trust each other.

20. bambibones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.