Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knew he was not home. Brian E had a great question of why SB did not contact LE when they made the statement on Thursday they knew where BL was? SB never contacted them to correct the misunderstanding or to find out where his client was. I think SB was playing games with LE. MOO
"We notified the FBI that night or the next morning that Brian didn't come home from his hike. So, the FBI was aware that Brian didn't come home from day one," Bertolino explained, emphasizing there are no discrepancies from that communication with the FBI.

Confusion grew further when, on Sept. 17, authorities told Bertolino and the Laundries that they received a tip that Brian was in Tampa.

"They wanted to meet with us on Friday. I was shocked and said, 'That's good. You found him in Tampa,' and they said, 'What do you mean? I thought he's at the house,’" Bertolino recalled. "I said, 'No, I told you the other day he never came home.' And that's how it played out."

Brian Laundrie search: No discrepancy between FBI and parents on missing timeline, says family lawyer

I so wish they would release information from Gabby’s autopsy report regarding any possible dna/skin etc. possibly found under her nails or elsewhere to prove/disprove that there was no dna found other than BLs.

Do you think we’ll ever be privy to this information? Ugh. All MOO and wonderings.

SB said he spoke to BL 12th and 13th. I'm pretty sure that since SB was retained for this case on 11th at 11:30 ish pm, his talk with BL was after midnight, which was the 12th. I suspect that a lot of s..t hit the fan on the 12th..from 12:01am through the early morning, all day and into the night and the morning of the 13th, when, against his parents pleas, BL left for his "hike" in the Mustang, distraught. jmo
Maybe even SB advised Brian to talk to LE, and that's why he left.

"We notified the FBI that night or the next morning that Brian didn't come home from his hike. So, the FBI was aware that Brian didn't come home from day one," Bertolino explained, emphasizing there are no discrepancies from that communication with the FBI.

Confusion grew further when, on Sept. 17, authorities told Bertolino and the Laundries that they received a tip that Brian was in Tampa.

"They wanted to meet with us on Friday. I was shocked and said, 'That's good. You found him in Tampa,' and they said, 'What do you mean? I thought he's at the house,’" Bertolino recalled. "I said, 'No, I told you the other day he never came home.' And that's how it played out."

Brian Laundrie search: No discrepancy between FBI and parents on missing timeline, says family lawyer

He's playing a game with everyone!

I got the impression that they both started out sharing the vanlife vision (at least in substance). It has occurred to me, though, that there may have been a source of strife/tension that developed as GP gained her footing in the influencer world — a factor that could potentially explain some of BL’s lack of support and even possible resentment, hostility. (IMO, this would be on top of the main factors: behavioral and psychological concerns, likely exacerbated by being indefinitely “trapped in close quarters” with one another and being somewhat cut off from their usual support networks.)

I scrolled through GP’s Insta again last night. Comments were “limited”, which is not uncommon… But what I did find uncommon is that I noticed no males gushing about GP’s looks or hitting on her. A handful of females called her “beautiful”, etc., and two or more other accounts asked her to DM them to discuss collaboration opportunities—but that was it. Seeing how many people jumped into her comments after her disappearance hit the news, it’s clear one only has to follow to be allowed to post. So any garden variety SM wannabe Cassanova (I’m being polite here) could have followed her to share their range of “flattering” to disgusting opinions (as they do, especially when there’s some skin exposed, like in the beach pics, etc.). I didn’t see ONE. Might any “male gaze” comments have been removed—even the inoffensive ones? I also noticed—and this could be nothing more than an influencer’s stab at a new approach to crafting content—but many of the most recent posts (starting in July or August?) start mentioning (more than mentioning—almost lauding, venerating?) BL. Gushing about his bare feet, etc… Of course, it’s his account name that is used, not his given name, which makes perfect sense if she’s just trying to boost his exposure (and he had been tagging her a lot in his own posts—or, rather, at the ends of his posts, which is also common).

I’m probably guilty of reading into things because of what is known and suspected now. But whether or not comments were policed or content explicitly crafted to include BL, I do believe online fans, specifically online dudes, could have been stoking BL’s jealousy and triggering increased possessiveness. After all, it’s the kind of thing that can cause jealous feelings and arguments in healthier relationships than theirs…

MOO

Everything you say is well-grounded and in my opinion, very likely for the reasons you state.

The lack of male comments and the extolling of BL's qualities is a pretty common combination when dealing with a jealous lover. It's a sign the person is tiptoeing around, ostensibly to avoid a confrontation.

I think this is a very likely scenario.

He knew he was not home. Brian E had a great question of why SB did not contact LE when they made the statement on Thursday they knew where BL was? SB never contacted them to correct the misunderstanding or to find out where his client was. I think SB was playing games with LE. MOO

SB certainly would not contact them to correct any misunderstanding. There wasn't one at that point, as far as he knew. LE had just said they knew exactly where Brian was. As far as he knew that was the truth. SB said he discussed this with the Laundries and "certain decisions were made." Apparently they decided not to contact LE and find out where Brian was at that time.

Gabby Petito's Dad Not Focused on Brian Laundrie Notebook, But Domestic Violence

Joe Petito tells TMZ ... nothing in Brian's notebook is going to bring his daughter back, and whatever's in there won't explain how her tragic death could have been avoided.
-------

Gabby's father also says the notebook won't do much for Brian's parents either, because they lost a child too, and the book won't bring their son back either.
I don't know, but to me that sounds unusual. I don't see why you wouldn't care about what's in the notebook...unless maybe he's afraid Brian wrote inner thoughts about his pain over losing Gabby...and he doesn't want to hear about it?

This info is outdated - The Merry Piglets definitely has WiFi.

See here (scroll down/search for Merry Piglets) - info is 1 month old:
Free WiFi Map in Jackson

Speed is 49.43mb/s down/ 22.05mb/s up, SSID is SONOS-AxQBBgABG3goypQTAAM=

I was thinking even if MP did not have wifi, Gabby could have been working on her program. Much easier to sit at a table than in a van or outside. Per Gabby's own words, the issue that upset her most from Moab, was Brian's lessening support of her project. But, I still think there is another piece missing as to what happened in the end. In some ways I dont think Brian's notebook will give much closure, but I know so many of us are curious. Why?

I highly doubt this. SB in his interview with Ashleigh Banfield emphatically said that he told them not to talk to anyone. If he told that to the parents, he probably told that to Brian as well.
Okay, there is also the possibility that Brian was upset when he left because maybe he actually wanted to talk with LE, but SB said don't do it. It just sounds like Brian may have had something (more than the obvious) upsetting him when he left that day.

I don't know, but to me that sounds unusual. I don't see why you wouldn't care about what's in the notebook...unless maybe he's afraid Brian wrote inner thoughts about his pain over losing Gabby...and he doesn't want to hear about it?

I think the pain is just still too raw to want to hear "why" or any thoughts from their child's murderer. Probably not anywhere near forgiveness yet to care about a sorry either.

Yes, but he did not respond to the statement made on Thursday and every day prior in the many interviews given by NP LE that they knew where BL was.

33 min mark

SB certainly would not contact them to correct any misunderstanding. There wasn't one at that point, as far as he knew. LE had just said they knew exactly where Brian was. As far as he knew that was the truth. SB said he discussed this with the Laundries and "certain decisions were made." Apparently they decided not to contact LE and find out where Brian was at that time.
That does not make sense and I don’t buy that neither SB nor the parents wanted to know where BL was. At the 33 minute mark BE points out that on every day leading up to the Thursday press conference NP was saying they knew where he was. His attorney does not want to know where hus client is? Does not make sense MOO

Well, I meant that since BL had left the house, it's likely that they never spoke again after the first time. So they probably never had a conversation about BL wanting to waive his privilege.

And yes, I'm not sure why he didn't contact LE either. Didn't he say he wasn't sure if LE had evidence that BL was in Tampa? Or that he was confused about that? If LE really did think he was in that area, would they be obligated to tell the attorney?

Yes, but he did not respond to the statement made on Thursday and every day prior in the many interviews given by NP LE that they knew where BL was.

33 min mark
Oh, yes. I do see your point now. SB had several opportunities to correct the record put forth by NPPD, but chose not to. Perhaps he saw the interagency confusion as an advantage of some sort? jmo

I think the pain is just still too raw to want to hear "why" or any thoughts from their child's murderer. Probably not anywhere near forgiveness yet to care about a sorry either.

Good point! It really seems like this has been going on for a long period of time but it's only been 8 weeks. Not very long at all, that pain is still fresh.

Oh, yes. I do see your point now. SB had several opportunities to correct the record put forth by NPPD, but chose not to. Perhaps he saw the interagency confusion as an advantage of some sort? jmo
The muddier, the better. He wasn't obligated to divulge BL's whereabouts until after the "missing" report......on that Friday. That gave BL plenty of time to truly get lost, or to do what he apparently did....kill himself. I think SB was more than happy that BL was out of the way, as it made the prospects of his friend-clients better, in terms of any legal jeopardy that may attach to them. JUST AN OPINION. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong