Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal Well-Known Member

"We notified the FBI that night or the next morning that Brian didn't come home from his hike. So, the FBI was aware that Brian didn't come home from day one," Bertolino explained, emphasizing there are no discrepancies from that communication with the FBI.

Confusion grew further when, on Sept. 17, authorities told Bertolino and the Laundries that they received a tip that Brian was in Tampa.

"They wanted to meet with us on Friday. I was shocked and said, 'That's good. You found him in Tampa,' and they said, 'What do you mean? I thought he's at the house,’" Bertolino recalled. "I said, 'No, I told you the other day he never came home.' And that's how it played out."

Brian Laundrie search: No discrepancy between FBI and parents on missing timeline, says family lawyer

Hapworth, jash, Nikynoo and 8 others like this.

2. lxmx

lxmx Well-Known Member

I so wish they would release information from Gabby’s autopsy report regarding any possible dna/skin etc. possibly found under her nails or elsewhere to prove/disprove that there was no dna found other than BLs.

Do you think we’ll ever be privy to this information? Ugh. All MOO and wonderings.

fackshat, lowes123, Barbie619 and 2 others like this.
  3. EvieIvyOver

EvieIvyOver Former Member

Maybe even SB advised Brian to talk to LE, and that's why he left.

4. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

He's playing a game with everyone!

scmom, ctmom, makayla and 4 others like this.
  5. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

Everything you say is well-grounded and in my opinion, very likely for the reasons you state.

The lack of male comments and the extolling of BL's qualities is a pretty common combination when dealing with a jealous lover. It's a sign the person is tiptoeing around, ostensibly to avoid a confrontation.

I think this is a very likely scenario.

6. Kristin Esq.

Kristin Esq. Verified Attorney

I highly doubt this. SB in his interview with Ashleigh Banfield emphatically said that he told them not to talk to anyone. If he told that to the parents, he probably told that to Brian as well.

7. BCSleuth

BCSleuth Well-Known Member

SB certainly would not contact them to correct any misunderstanding. There wasn't one at that point, as far as he knew. LE had just said they knew exactly where Brian was. As far as he knew that was the truth. SB said he discussed this with the Laundries and "certain decisions were made." Apparently they decided not to contact LE and find out where Brian was at that time.

8. EvieIvyOver

I don't know, but to me that sounds unusual. I don't see why you wouldn't care about what's in the notebook...unless maybe he's afraid Brian wrote inner thoughts about his pain over losing Gabby...and he doesn't want to hear about it?

BeanieBod, TL4S, ShadyLady and 4 others like this.
  9. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

I was thinking even if MP did not have wifi, Gabby could have been working on her program. Much easier to sit at a table than in a van or outside. Per Gabby's own words, the issue that upset her most from Moab, was Brian's lessening support of her project. But, I still think there is another piece missing as to what happened in the end. In some ways I dont think Brian's notebook will give much closure, but I know so many of us are curious. Why?

GRT, Mishmish, BetteDavisEyes and 3 others like this.
  10. EvieIvyOver

Okay, there is also the possibility that Brian was upset when he left because maybe he actually wanted to talk with LE, but SB said don't do it. It just sounds like Brian may have had something (more than the obvious) upsetting him when he left that day.

11. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I think the pain is just still too raw to want to hear "why" or any thoughts from their child's murderer. Probably not anywhere near forgiveness yet to care about a sorry either.

12. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

Yes, but he did not respond to the statement made on Thursday and every day prior in the many interviews given by NP LE that they knew where BL was.

33 min mark

esayer, ctmom and Katpaws like this.
  13. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

That does not make sense and I don’t buy that neither SB nor the parents wanted to know where BL was. At the 33 minute mark BE points out that on every day leading up to the Thursday press conference NP was saying they knew where he was. His attorney does not want to know where hus client is? Does not make sense MOO

jash, esayer, scmom and 5 others like this.
  14. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Well, I meant that since BL had left the house, it's likely that they never spoke again after the first time. So they probably never had a conversation about BL wanting to waive his privilege.

And yes, I'm not sure why he didn't contact LE either. Didn't he say he wasn't sure if LE had evidence that BL was in Tampa? Or that he was confused about that? If LE really did think he was in that area, would they be obligated to tell the attorney?

Cindizzi and ctmom like this.
  15. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal Well-Known Member

Oh, yes. I do see your point now. SB had several opportunities to correct the record put forth by NPPD, but chose not to. Perhaps he saw the interagency confusion as an advantage of some sort? jmo

16. Kristin Esq.

Anything is possible.

ctmom, CarolynAB2 and Followfacts like this.
  17. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

Good point! It really seems like this has been going on for a long period of time but it's only been 8 weeks. Not very long at all, that pain is still fresh.

Alli1982 and ctmom like this.
  18. cady

cady Well-Known Member

The muddier, the better. He wasn't obligated to divulge BL's whereabouts until after the "missing" report......on that Friday. That gave BL plenty of time to truly get lost, or to do what he apparently did....kill himself. I think SB was more than happy that BL was out of the way, as it made the prospects of his friend-clients better, in terms of any legal jeopardy that may attach to them. JUST AN OPINION. jmo

19. Kristin Esq.

PommyMommy, dacjess, TL4S and 4 others like this.
  20. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Quite possibly and fair game, not his responsibility MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.