Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

For starters, i do believe that jealousy is such a mean mistress--and was controlling Brian more and more..........

I sense they were on the same plane as they built out the van, and planned their maps of place to visit.

I know we know whose life and dreams were destroyed here, and by whom, but the difficulties leading up had to be shared.

Sometimes, I think we still need to make Gabby "perfect" when there is no such thing in a relationship.

But as her interests to build her blogs, and he was still more into the travelling aspects of this adventure.... I can just see what was building up between them.

Geez... I can remember when my dear husband would get upset when I was reading a book for too many hours... when he wanted me to be with him!! On one hand, one could see that he was just being selfish, because he wanted me to be talking and being with him. But I was just wanting to be with my book, and NOT be with him... I guess I could be being a bit selfish too. There are always two sides.

I actually think Gabby was struggling with getting this blogging stuff off the ground, and felt she had to put more and more time into the mechanics.

Online blogging and picture posting can be a very egocentric thing.....AND when you are only projecting "perfection" and "love" that to an invisible audience.... AND THEN when you stop videoing or taking pictures......... you fight. AND if Gabby was having to walk on eggshells constantly because of the growing jealousies....... oh God...

I just don't think either one of them knew how to deal with this........

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Diddian, La Louve, Hapworth and 17 others like this.

2. CarolynAB2

CarolynAB2 Well-Known Member

Possibly. Personally, I would have been very stressed out in BL's position, having the other party on my vacation spending [probably] the majority of the time working on the sm projects (i.e., setting up photo & video shots, retakes, video editing, sifting through pics to upload to IG, etc.). BL mentioned that they were at Moonflower Cafe from 9 to 3 while GP worked on the project. I would have been complaining the entire time to leave and go do something.

3. Magnoliabeach

Magnoliabeach Well-Known Member

You would be right. I don't know which counties participated in helping out. Sheriff Judd I am sure has his reasons.

Edited to add he has worked for Polk county Sheriff office for almost 50 years, he became Sheriff in 2004.

bluwaters and Truth Prevails like this.
  4. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

Person that witnessed incident at Merry Piglets. Did not mentioned source. Maybe asked to leave?

Title miss represents the interview. Argument was not between Brian and Gabby, which lead me to think they wanted to stay and staff wanted them to leave.

Instagrammer details explosive argument between Petito, Laundrie - YouTube

5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think the best LE could hope for in terms of the notebook is that it contains a confession. A confession is direct evidence that he committed the crime. It would help them wrap up the case faster and maybe give the family, (and the public) some closure.

If not a confession, then there may be other clues.

Did we ever hear what happened to Gabby's journal? Was it ever found or did Brian have that, too?

6. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

i agree.

7. bluwaters

bluwaters Well-Known Member

Back when the search for Gabby had begun in earnest, JP made it clear that he did not want to discuss the relationship between GP and BL.
    Apparently he still feels that way and I can understand why.
    jmho

Alli1982, Mishmish, ShadyLady and 3 others like this.
  8. cady

cady Well-Known Member

I would have left to do something I wanted to do for me, instead of hovering over G and bugging her to hurry up. jmo She told the cops at Moab stop, that they needed water and supplies. Was BL incapable of doing that by himself? Like, make himself useful?

La Louve, Alli1982, aaa123 and 12 others like this.
  9. Truth Prevails

Truth Prevails Well-Known Member

Exactly. Like he could have gone and got the water.

ETA: Sorry. The quoted comment is different than what I thought I quoted. If that makes any sense. Once again, my apologies.

I think we agree about the water, though.

aaa123, dacjess and ctmom like this.
  10. ctmom

ctmom Well-Known Member

I agree!
    BBM
    "First phone call in regard to this matter on Sept. 11, Sat at 11:30 PM"

9/11 - 7:00 pm Gabby reported missing by her family
    9/11 - 11:00 pm LE tows Gabby's van. (According to neighbor Keith Graves.)
    Van linked to missing YouTuber removed from fiancé’s North Port home, neighbor says | WFLA

*AFTER VAN WAS TOWED: Neighbors across Street from Laundrie house see BL, CL pack Camper & Family goes away for weekend camping trip: Brian Laundrie's neighbors speak out amid investigation

Imo, This reported camping trip wasn't covered, imo, as much as it could/should have been.

Do we have a confirmed date & time that the Laundrie family left for / returned from this trip?

Note*
    Gabby's remains had not been discovered yet.
    There were no indictments at this point in time.

In hindsight & based upon Ashley Banfield's interview... SB says he had conversations with BL, CL & RL on the 12th & 13th... and that everything on the 11th & before is off limits....

Imo, it's not unreasonable to think that, at least, CL & BL spoke to SB between Sept 1st and Sept 11th and revealed a LOT about what happened with Gabby & as a result, imho, "everything before the 11th is off limits", is, in part, SB covering his own a**

In fact, I would not be surprised if SB made a calculated decision to act in the "friend" capacity on the 11th & suggested in a round about way that BL somehow pack up & get lost... before agreeing to be retained. JMO

Imo, an attorney would not suggest this... but a friend would.

esayer, scmom and Truth Prevails like this.
  11. CarolynAB2

NS said on Dr.P show that she wanted to be face-to-face with the Ls to ask them questions so it seems that they (or at least NS) want to know as much as possible to try to make sense of it all and know what happened in what they thought was a good relationship. Recall that NS said she felt Gabby was safe out there because she was with Brian.

Edited to correct: NS, not NP etc.

AnnaGrace, TL4S, ShadyLady and 2 others like this.
  12. bluwaters

bluwaters Well-Known Member

Thank you for clarifying!

Magnoliabeach likes this.
  13. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Or, something productive....jmo

Truth Prevails likes this.
  14. CarolynAB2

I don't think it's helpful to assume he wasn't "useful" [ETA, or "hovering over Gabby."] We don't know if Gabby would have been okay with him leaving her there; recall that she didn't like being separated from him. We don't know what we don't know.

15. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

Well.how long were.they there?
    Don't think the restaurant would.allow them to.sit there.for 6 hours.like t the co op!

This blog maybe was becoming a problem maybe?

His notebook.might say alot!

All.jmo

Hapworth, MsBetsy, Sassafrass and 2 others like this.
  16. CarolynAB2

Sorry about that. I edited to correct. I meant NS and typed it wrong.

MsBetsy and jjonez like this.
  17. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

He never.says hes.missing!
    He says he did t come.home! To.me that's totally different things!

18. Magnoliabeach

I am waiting to see if he replies to the investigation and the find. He is very well respected by all.

LietKynes, lastkiss and bluwaters like this.
  19. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

Thanks.. I'll delete mine. I can usually figure things like this but I associate NP with North Port also.... so I got confused as a result...

Magnoliabeach and CarolynAB2 like this.
  20. CarolynAB2

They could potentially have been parked close enough to use the wifi if they were not sitting in the cafe all that time. Or, GP could have been working on non-wifi tasks in the van for a lot of that time. The story doesn't say.

21. Magnoliabeach

I am waiting to see if he replies to the investigation and the find. He is very well respected by all.

bluwaters likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.