Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the impression that they both started out sharing the vanlife vision (at least in substance). It has occurred to me, though, that there may have been a source of strife/tension that developed as GP gained her footing in the influencer world — a factor that could potentially explain some of BL’s lack of support and even possible resentment, hostility. (IMO, this would be on top of the main factors: behavioral and psychological concerns, likely exacerbated by being indefinitely “trapped in close quarters” with one another and being somewhat cut off from their usual support networks.)

I scrolled through GP’s Insta again last night. Comments were “limited”, which is not uncommon… But what I did find uncommon is that I noticed no males gushing about GP’s looks or hitting on her. A handful of females called her “beautiful”, etc., and two or more other accounts asked her to DM them to discuss collaboration opportunities—but that was it. Seeing how many people jumped into her comments after her disappearance hit the news, it’s clear one only has to follow to be allowed to post. So any garden variety SM wannabe Cassanova (I’m being polite here) could have followed her to share their range of “flattering” to disgusting opinions (as they do, especially when there’s some skin exposed, like in the beach pics, etc.). I didn’t see ONE. Might any “male gaze” comments have been removed—even the inoffensive ones? I also noticed—and this could be nothing more than an influencer’s stab at a new approach to crafting content—but many of the most recent posts (starting in July or August?) start mentioning (more than mentioning—almost lauding, venerating?) BL. Gushing about his bare feet, etc… Of course, it’s his account name that is used, not his given name, which makes perfect sense if she’s just trying to boost his exposure (and he had been tagging her a lot in his own posts—or, rather, at the ends of his posts, which is also common).

I’m probably guilty of reading into things because of what is known and suspected now. But whether or not comments were policed or content explicitly crafted to include BL, I do believe online fans, specifically online dudes, could have been stoking BL’s jealousy and triggering increased possessiveness. After all, it’s the kind of thing that can cause jealous feelings and arguments in healthier relationships than theirs…

MOO

For starters, i do believe that jealousy is such a mean mistress--and was controlling Brian more and more..........

I sense they were on the same plane as they built out the van, and planned their maps of place to visit.

I know we know whose life and dreams were destroyed here, and by whom, but the difficulties leading up had to be shared.

Sometimes, I think we still need to make Gabby "perfect" when there is no such thing in a relationship.

But as her interests to build her blogs, and he was still more into the travelling aspects of this adventure.... I can just see what was building up between them.

Geez... I can remember when my dear husband would get upset when I was reading a book for too many hours... when he wanted me to be with him!! On one hand, one could see that he was just being selfish, because he wanted me to be talking and being with him. But I was just wanting to be with my book, and NOT be with him... I guess I could be being a bit selfish too. There are always two sides.

I actually think Gabby was struggling with getting this blogging stuff off the ground, and felt she had to put more and more time into the mechanics.

Online blogging and picture posting can be a very egocentric thing.....AND when you are only projecting "perfection" and "love" that to an invisible audience.... AND THEN when you stop videoing or taking pictures......... you fight. AND if Gabby was having to walk on eggshells constantly because of the growing jealousies....... oh God...

I just don't think either one of them knew how to deal with this........

Last edited:
I got the impression that they both started out sharing the vanlife vision (at least in substance). It has occurred to me, though, that there may have been a source of strife/tension that developed as GP gained her footing in the influencer world — a factor that could potentially explain some of BL’s lack of support and even possible resentment, hostility. (IMO, this would be on top of the main factors: behavioral and psychological concerns, likely exacerbated by being indefinitely “trapped in close quarters” with one another and being somewhat cut off from their usual support networks.)

I scrolled through GP’s Insta again last night. Comments were “limited”, which is not uncommon… But what I did find uncommon is that I noticed no males gushing about GP’s looks or hitting on her. A handful of females called her “beautiful”, etc., and two or more other accounts asked her to DM them to discuss collaboration opportunities—but that was it. Seeing how many people jumped into her comments after her disappearance hit the news, it’s clear one only has to follow to be allowed to post. So any garden variety SM wannabe Cassanova (I’m being polite here) could have followed her to share their range of “flattering” to disgusting opinions (as they do, especially when there’s some skin exposed, like in the beach pics, etc.). I didn’t see ONE. Might any “male gaze” comments have been removed—even the inoffensive ones? I also noticed—and this could be nothing more than an influencer’s stab at a new approach to crafting content—but many of the most recent posts (starting in July or August?) start mentioning (more than mentioning—almost lauding, venerating?) BL. Gushing about his bare feet, etc… Of course, it’s his account name that is used, not his given name, which makes perfect sense if she’s just trying to boost his exposure (and he had been tagging her a lot in his own posts—or, rather, at the ends of his posts, which is also common).

I’m probably guilty of reading into things because of what is known and suspected now. But whether or not comments were policed or content explicitly crafted to include BL, I do believe online fans, specifically online dudes, could have been stoking BL’s jealousy and triggering increased possessiveness. After all, it’s the kind of thing that can cause jealous feelings and arguments in healthier relationships than theirs…

MOO

Possibly. Personally, I would have been very stressed out in BL's position, having the other party on my vacation spending [probably] the majority of the time working on the sm projects (i.e., setting up photo & video shots, retakes, video editing, sifting through pics to upload to IG, etc.). BL mentioned that they were at Moonflower Cafe from 9 to 3 while GP worked on the project. I would have been complaining the entire time to leave and go do something.

Sheriff Judd has been the sheriff of Polk County for some 50 years and is beloved by the community he serves.
He is controversial and a colorful character.
It interests me that he publicly rebuked the NPPD for letting BL get away.
AFAIK, Polk County did not participate in the search for BL although the 2 counties are catty cornered and actually touch at Manatee's NE and Polk's SW corners.
The sheriff of Lee County came up and held that weird presser that was just a mutual admiration society of the agencies involved in the search.
Lee County shares no borders with Manatee County.
I would love to hear an update from Sheriff Judd about what he thinks now.
If he ever addresses it again he will tell exactly what he thinks with no filters.
jmho

You would be right. I don't know which counties participated in helping out. Sheriff Judd I am sure has his reasons.

Edited to add he has worked for Polk county Sheriff office for almost 50 years, he became Sheriff in 2004.

Someone posted that the restaurant did not have WiFi (I believe on the previous page of this thread). IMO GP and BL could have had very limited money after traveling for a while and perhaps something as simple as an overcharge for a meal could have set BL off. I remember reading that the witness said it seemed to be regarding their receipt. Though people with anger issues are capable of getting angry over what others would consider to be nothing. IMO.

Person that witnessed incident at Merry Piglets. Did not mentioned source. Maybe asked to leave?

Title miss represents the interview. Argument was not between Brian and Gabby, which lead me to think they wanted to stay and staff wanted them to leave.

Instagrammer details explosive argument between Petito, Laundrie - YouTube

I was thinking even if MP did not have wifi, Gabby could have been working on her program. Much easier to sit at a table than in a van or outside. Per Gabby's own words, the issue that upset her most from Moab, was Brian's lessening support of her project. But, I still think there is another piece missing as to what happened in the end. In some ways I dont think Brian's notebook will give much closure, but I know so many of us are curious. Why?
I think the best LE could hope for in terms of the notebook is that it contains a confession. A confession is direct evidence that he committed the crime. It would help them wrap up the case faster and maybe give the family, (and the public) some closure.

If not a confession, then there may be other clues.

Did we ever hear what happened to Gabby's journal? Was it ever found or did Brian have that, too?

Possibly. Personally, I would have been very stressed out in BL's position, having the other party on my vacation spending [probably] the majority of the time working on the sm projects (i.e., setting up photo & video shots, retakes, video editing, sifting through pics to upload to IG, etc.). BL mentioned that they were at Moonflower Cafe from 9 to 3 while GP worked on the project. I would have been complaining the entire time to leave and go do something.

i agree.

I don't know, but to me that sounds unusual. I don't see why you wouldn't care about what's in the notebook...unless maybe he's afraid Brian wrote inner thoughts about his pain over losing Gabby...and he doesn't want to hear about it?
Back when the search for Gabby had begun in earnest, JP made it clear that he did not want to discuss the relationship between GP and BL.
Apparently he still feels that way and I can understand why.
jmho

I would have left to do something I wanted to do for me, instead of hovering over G and bugging her to hurry up. jmo She told the cops at Moab stop, that they needed water and supplies. Was BL incapable of doing that by himself? Like, make himself useful?

I would have left to do something I wanted to do for me, instead of hovering over G and bugging her to hurry up. jmo She told the cops at Moab stop, that they needed water and supplies. Was BL incapable of doing that by himself? Like, make himself useful?
Exactly. Like he could have gone and got the water.

ETA: Sorry. The quoted comment is different than what I thought I quoted. If that makes any sense. Once again, my apologies.

I think we agree about the water, though.

SB stated on the Banfield show that he got his first phone call in regard to this matter on 9/11 Sat at 11:30pm but did not say who the phone call was from. Also stated this is when he officially became involved.

I have often stated that its highly probable that the laundries gave his card to the police and then called him to let him know he did that. Nice to know I was on point with that.

I agree!
BBM
"First phone call in regard to this matter on Sept. 11, Sat at 11:30 PM"

9/11 - 7:00 pm Gabby reported missing by her family
9/11 - 11:00 pm LE tows Gabby's van. (According to neighbor Keith Graves.)
Van linked to missing YouTuber removed from fiancé’s North Port home, neighbor says | WFLA

*AFTER VAN WAS TOWED: Neighbors across Street from Laundrie house see BL, CL pack Camper & Family goes away for weekend camping trip: Brian Laundrie's neighbors speak out amid investigation

Imo, This reported camping trip wasn't covered, imo, as much as it could/should have been.

Do we have a confirmed date & time that the Laundrie family left for / returned from this trip?

Note*
Gabby's remains had not been discovered yet.
There were no indictments at this point in time.

In hindsight & based upon Ashley Banfield's interview... SB says he had conversations with BL, CL & RL on the 12th & 13th... and that everything on the 11th & before is off limits....

Imo, it's not unreasonable to think that, at least, CL & BL spoke to SB between Sept 1st and Sept 11th and revealed a LOT about what happened with Gabby & as a result, imho, "everything before the 11th is off limits", is, in part, SB covering his own *advertiser censored**

In fact, I would not be surprised if SB made a calculated decision to act in the "friend" capacity on the 11th & suggested in a round about way that BL somehow pack up & get lost... before agreeing to be retained. JMO

Imo, an attorney would not suggest this... but a friend would.

I think the pain is just still too raw to want to hear "why" or any thoughts from their child's murderer. Probably not anywhere near forgiveness yet to care about a sorry either.

NS said on Dr.P show that she wanted to be face-to-face with the Ls to ask them questions so it seems that they (or at least NS) want to know as much as possible to try to make sense of it all and know what happened in what they thought was a good relationship. Recall that NS said she felt Gabby was safe out there because she was with Brian.

Edited to correct: NS, not NP etc.

Last edited:
You would be right. I don't know which counties participated in helping out. Sheriff Judd I am sure has his reasons.

Edited to add he has worked for Polk county Sheriff office for almost 50 years, he became Sheriff in 2004.
Thank you for clarifying!

Exactly. Like he could have gone and got the water.

ETA: Sorry. The quoted comment is different than what I thought I quoted. If that makes any sense. Once again, my apologies.

I think we agree about the water, though.
Or, something productive....jmo

I don't think it's helpful to assume he wasn't "useful" [ETA, or "hovering over Gabby."] We don't know if Gabby would have been okay with him leaving her there; recall that she didn't like being separated from him. We don't know what we don't know.

Last edited:
I was thinking even if MP did not have wifi, Gabby could have been working on her program. Much easier to sit at a tab
I was thinking even if MP did not have wifi, Gabby could have been working on her program. Much easier to sit at a table than in a van or outside. Per Gabby's own words, the issue that upset her most from Moab, was Brian's lessening support of her project. But, I still think there is another piece missing as to what happened in the end. In some ways I dont think Brian's notebook will give much closure, but I know so many of us are curious. Why?
Well.how long were.they there?
Don't think the restaurant would.allow them to.sit there.for 6 hours.like t the co op!

This blog maybe was becoming a problem maybe?

His notebook.might say alot!

All.jmo

The muddier, the better. He wasn't obligated to divulge BL's whereabouts until after the "missing" report......on that Friday. That gave BL plenty of time to truly get lost, or to do what he apparently did....kill himself. I think SB was more than happy that BL was out of the way, as it made the prospects of his friend-clients better, in terms of any legal jeopardy that may attach to them. JUST AN OPINION. jmo

He never.says hes.missing!
He says he did t come.home! To.me that's totally different things!

Well.how long were.they there?
Don't think the restaurant would.allow them to.sit there.for 6 hours.like t the co op!

This blog maybe was becoming a problem maybe?

His notebook.might say alot!

All.jmo

They could potentially have been parked close enough to use the wifi if they were not sitting in the cafe all that time. Or, GP could have been working on non-wifi tasks in the van for a lot of that time. The story doesn't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla