Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I have 2 adult sons, and if faced with an identical situation- 1.) “I couldn’t stop him from leaving.” Then I would insist on accompanying them. 2.) “You’re not coming with me.” Then I would follow him.
They HAD to know things were dire at this point. How they could let him leave alone, knowing what likely had happened, is beyond my comprehension. Everyone reacts differently, but I personally, would fight with my very being, for the lives of my sons, whether they wanted me to or not. Totally MOO

I 100% agree. If I was worried that one of my children was a danger to themselves or others, and they would not listen to reason, I would immediately call the authorities for assistance.

I wouldn't wait nor would I mix up the dates that I last saw my son who was distraught and "not in a good place." That specific day would be burned into my memory forever. IMO.

I agree that it could have had little to do with what happened later. If he had so little self control that he would strangle her, it could have been anything that set him off. IMO.
Hi there, I think it was an incompatible relationship in my opinion. And there were possibly budget fights etc etc etc. JMO. It never ever should have lead to death.

Last edited:
I was watching BE earlier and he said there was quite a long distance from the van to the area where Gabby was found, so the assumption he was making on the show was that she was carried all that ways, and he said it was quite a ways... and why didn't someone notice that. I'm surprised he was saying that she was carried there, as though that was a fact. I don't think that's a fact, is it? Did I miss something? I thought - IMO I agree with this - that the working theory was that she died very near to where she was found, and that they were probably camping in that spot.

I think the manager would know what happened. That is who the employees go to with problem customers..... more so than a person sitting nearby. JMO
I watched too, but I didn’t take it that way. I heard like, if he carried her, it was was quite a distance, wouldn’t someone have seen him? Not a quote, not a fact, jmo.

I feel like a fool for believing that Tik Tok person.
Now come to find out that Tik Toker should be an actress, I was played, I believed her. Did she do that to raise her views?

By watching her I truly believed that Brian was in a rage by the way that woman was acting in the Tik Tok video. No she did not use the word “rage” but that is what I envisioned watching her video.

I apologize to all the members here for posting my opinion on thinking that Brian was in a rage, the Tic Toker did a damn good job planting the seed in my mind that Gabby was crying bad and that Brian was in rage getting kicked out of the restaurant and Gabby going back in to apologize. Boy was I gullible.
I’ve been on the fence about every single person on tik tok. It is a SM sensation to get views. The only SM witnesses that I have viewed as truthful are the ones who posted the van. Did the door open or did it not, is it even relevant, but the Bethunes, I believe that is their name, are the only credible witnesses in my opinion. I believe tik tok is entertainment only, if you listen to it, it is mostly robots.

Brian Entin spoke to the restaurant manageress at Merry Piglets.

Brian Entin

The Manager did not want to go on camera, but she had a lot to say. I took notes because I wanted to get it all right.

She said everything that's been on the news about what happened here is made up. She says there was no loud voices, no one got angry, no one threw a fit here. And she says that Gabby and Brian did leave the restaurant without paying and she says that the server followed them outside. That they paid the bill out here on the street, and that Brian was very calm, but then that they came back into the restaurant together. And that Gabby said that she wanted her money back, and the restaurant said that "we're not going to give you your money back" and then Gabby and Brian left.

I asked about surveillance video and she said that they did have video, but they didn't know it was significant at the time and that it's since been deleted.

If that is actually what happened, and everyone was calm, and not "crying hysterically" like the girl on SM said..... was this even significant? There was no fight. No crying. It sounds like they equally embarrassed each other...if they were both trying to get away with not paying for whatever they had eaten or drank. Gabby wanted her money back for reasons we don't know. Was the food order wrong or bad? Inedible? We don't know and the manager will probably never tell us. But they weren't fighting or mad at each other so, it doesn't seem terribly significant.

So her murder was for some other unknown reason having nothing to do with this, *probably*. Speculation and JMO

MOO on MP based on comments
BOTH GP & BL state in the Moab videos that they have anxiety. When someone is in an ‘active’ state of anxiety a loud busy restaurant can be MASSIVELY triggering eliciting fight/flight/freeze/fawn. Maybe something had gone on before MP, they try to regroup themselves/each other over lunch. Corn chips and salsa consumed but unable to make a decision on food, overwhelmed by noise, one of them just needs to get out of there. The chips and dips are free if you order food, but not if you don’t. There’s the payment made in the car park but GP maybe feels like they shouldn’t have to pay because she was struggling with noise and her appetites gone and she’s careful with her $$. Jmo

Last edited:
Has anyone brought up what "paying outside/in the parking lot" looks like? Did the server have a handheld (portable) system or other means to swipe a card? Or if paying with cash, did GP pay exact change? Could a trip back inside actually be the server retrieving change? I find it hard to imagine how such a transaction (the sidewalk sale) would go down. JMO

Edit: the asterisks are an automatic edit for the acronym of Point Of Sale, lol.

If that is actually what happened, and everyone was calm, and not "crying hysterically" like the girl on SM said..... was this even significant? There was no fight. No crying. It sounds like they equally embarrassed each other...if they were both trying to get away with not paying for whatever they had eaten or drank. Gabby wanted her money back for reasons we don't know. Was the food order wrong or bad? Inedible? We don't know and the manager will probably never tell us. But they weren't fighting or mad at each other so, it doesn't seem terribly significant.

So her murder was for some other unknown reason having nothing to do with this, *probably*. Speculation and JMO

And as for it being Gabby's money, I thought one of Gabby's parents said on Phil's show that they had pooled their money for the trip. I dont think Brian had a separate bank account.

I’ve been on the fence about every single person on tik tok. It is a SM sensation to get views. The only SM witnesses that I have viewed as truthful are the ones who posted the van. Did the door open or did it not, is it even relevant, but the Bethunes, I believe that is their name, are the only credible witnesses in my opinion. I believe tik tok is entertainment only, if you listen to it, it is mostly robots.
It makes me wonder if other witnesses have contacted LE. We only know about the ones who are active tik tokers and the like.

Sorry but I have 2 adult sons, and if faced with an identical situation- 1.) “I couldn’t stop him from leaving.” Then I would insist on accompanying them. 2.) “You’re not coming with me.” Then I would follow him.
They HAD to know things were dire at this point. How they could let him leave alone, knowing what likely had happened, is beyond my comprehension. Everyone reacts differently, but I personally, would fight with my very being, for the lives of my sons, whether they wanted me to or not. Totally MOO
I agree, I said the same thing a couple of days ago ... I would do anything in my power. It's so sad it ended this way. JMHO ...

ETA ... for justice in this case, I was hoping BL could be found alive and eventually have to answer for Gabby's murder IMHO

Last edited:
th
I'll repeat my earlier comment: leave without paying because you are upset about something, pay because they threatened to phone the police, and then argue your money should be refunded because you are still upset about whatever it was you were upset with in the first place. Makes perfect sense to me.
You may be exactly right, BCSleuth. But the point that I am trying to promote is that no one in Merry Piglets has elaborated enough that we can understand what happened.
They have only conveyed that Brian and Gabby consumed, ran out without paying, paid outside, then came back in and wanted their money back.
That lack of detail paints an illogical picture. Either MP management is not conveying Gabby & Brian's complaint or Gabby & Brian were trying to steal a meal, paid for it under pressure outside, and then went back in asking for the money back ~ Are they intimating that Gabby & Brian weren't even acting sanely?

I just have to say: The manager's version of the story makes no sense whatsoever.

[...]

Yep. How did the witness even notice this was going on if it was all so subdued? There is no question the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, but I'm not taking the manager's account as gospel at all. It just doesn't add up.

It IS starting to feel like money or who's possession of it was an issue. I don't know if L's were helping them out with money, but G's parents said they were. jmo
I wonder if Gabby's mom or dad deposited money into her account for her while they were on the trip.

Yep. How did the witness even notice this was going on if it was all so subdued? There is no question the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, but I'm not taking the manager's account as gospel at all. It just doesn't add up.

Didn't the witness say she did not remember it till her boyfriend remembered? Or was it the other way around and boyfriend did not remember. If it was such a loud fight, and they were right next to them, just odd. But, I would think not a lot of food is veggie in a Merry Piglets. At first I thought they were served something with meat...

I was just thinking about the fact that Gabby and BL set off for this whole van life trip in June, but we know literally nothing about June, just that they left New York on July 2, then we know just a little about August. I wonder what was going on in those other months?

Right? What happened during those first two months. All we know is what they wanted the public to see. That is the main problem of this entire case.

The Moab stop wasn't ever supposed to "go public". They thought it was private, between them and the cops, and would stay that way. You saw how they both tried to downplay it and make it go away, even if Gabby couldn't stop crying, she still didn't want to be separated. If we had never seen that we wouldn't have ever known there was a problem of any kind in their relationship. A lot of couples are like that, and I guess it's normal for couples to hide any troubles that happen in private, but their problems had spilled out into the open for all to see. Yet their Instagram and TikTok fans would never have known, unless someone else filmed or photographed them hitting or yelling at each other.

MOO

Has anyone brought up what "paying outside/in the parking lot" looks like? Did the server have a handheld (portable) ****** system or other means to swipe a card? Or if paying with cash, did GP pay exact change? Could a trip back inside actually be the server retrieving change? I find it hard to imagine how such a transaction (the sidewalk sale) would go down. JMO

Edit: the asterisks are an automatic edit for the acronym of Point Of Sale, lol.
The server could have followed them out with an unsigned credit card slip?

And lol on the

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member