Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrialLurking

TrialLurking Well-Known Member

Was there even a gun found at the Reserve? Such little information has been released. Seems they would have found a gun when they found his remains.

2. makayla

makayla Well-Known Member

It will be very interesting to see if any charges are brought against the Laundries (parents).

3. Nosurprise

Nosurprise Well-Known Member

Agree but just a long line of ridiculous statements.

solar, x_files, La Louve and 5 others like this.
  4. Kristin Esq.

Kristin Esq. Verified Attorney

WFLA Now is streaming again:

5. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. But, then again, several public statements on behalf of BL and the Laundrie family have struck me as insensitive, ill-worded or, at the very least, ill-timed. It could just be that SB himself is not the best wordsmith, nor particularly skilled at the PR side of his job? All JMO.

x_files, La Louve, abr and 7 others like this.
  6. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

Well, I can't imagine criminally charging the family members of suicides. Because in hindsight most suicides were predictable. So they could have been prevented if people did different things. But that's hindsight.

I'm not really understanding why some people are so determined the L's should go to jail. Is it just because someone should and B can't so they should?
    JMO

7. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

It is a weird statement.
    Or "non-statements"

8. TrialLurking

TrialLurking Well-Known Member

I don't see what can be brought against them. They have a right to remain silent. How would they even know a crime was committed to report to LE. We will never know what their son did or did not tell them.

B4igo2it, CLGM, Sundog and 10 others like this.
  9. Dexter12

Dexter12 Active Member

I thought that they only found a piece of his skull.

10. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

maybe the protesters will return until it's determined whether or not they will be charged.

x_files and JayWill like this.
  11. JayWill

JayWill Former Member

No one has said that they should go to jail, but there has been all through this case of people not being held accountable for their actions, starting with the disgraceful Moab incident and culminating in their refusal to tell Gabby's parents where BL last saw her, IMO hoping to put off finding her body. IMO they conspired in this with him. I will never believe that they did not know that he had murdered her. MOO.

jash, Alli1982, La Louve and 10 others like this.
  12. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

I would think they’d only have “closure” if BL confessed and SB or the Ls decide to do the decent thing and share that information with Gabby’s family. JMO.

jash, LAhiker, Alli1982 and 5 others like this.
  13. CaffienatedOwl

CaffienatedOwl Well-Known Member

IMO, if BL went to the Carleton with a gun that they knew was missing, and was acting upset (which they have confirmed previously he was acting "sad" IIRC) AND (this being the key IMO) they knew something was going on with GP as her parents were trying to reach them then they should be charged. MOO

14. Which_pancake

Which_pancake Well-Known Member

As I remember, the remains were described as "partial" and "skeletal" but it was never specified exactly what was found. I don't think it was ever reported that there was just a skull fragment or partial fragment. In my completely unscientific opinion, finding a completely intact skeleton would be "partial" remains since the flesh is gone. JMO

LAhiker, Dexter12, doxiemom3 and 3 others like this.
  15. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

I am really curious re the decision to declare it suicide.

How do they know that someone didn't go looking for him, and in a struggle, the gun went off while Brian wasn't holding it?

Did we ever learn why the parents took so long to report him missing, and, IIRC they didn't even want a MPR filed at all?

Imo

16. Kristin Esq.

Kristin Esq. Verified Attorney

I almost think that the Laundries may be saying, well your daughter died by my son's hand and my son died by his own hand because he couldn't handle what he did. They hope it brings them peace because he's not living while she's dead. moo.

B4igo2it, Hapworth, Alcina and 18 others like this.
  17. CaffienatedOwl

CaffienatedOwl Well-Known Member

Anyone know the last time anyone heard from Cassie? I was trying to look and it seems we have seen nothing from her since she did the interview with her husband. Is that correct?

18. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Now that gives a trace of hope....

19. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

Of course you can believe whatever you like but the post was about whether criminal charges that carry prison time upon conviction could be brought against the L's. So it surely appears jail/prison was being discussed, not merely some vague idea of "accountability." But if we are talking about accountability, accountability to whom? The public? The L's don't owe the public anything.

JMO

20. Which_pancake

Which_pancake Well-Known Member

At the very least, it looks like there will be more information forthcoming from the FBI. I have been afraid we would never really hear anything more officially about this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.