Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm where everything makes a little sense and then nothing makes any sense. What the dickens? Circle back, rethink..............
So what if Brian killed Gabby bc he was done with her (not that she was done with him); Brian no longer cared about Gabby at this final point. He may have even fantasized about killing her. His romance was not with Gabby but the outdoor lifestyle. And it turned out Gabby was NOT as he imagined. Bickering, too much indoor time, dirty feet scoldings, blah blah blah. He wanted peace and quiet, to clear his head, alone time, to be the great outdoorsman he was. Beats on chest. This was not Tarzan and Jane. This relationship with a blonde-haired, blue eyed beauty who no longer laughed at his put-downs had to end. So he ended her. I believe he thought he got away with it for a bit. 10 days living normal life until JP is going to call the police. He knows he'll be suspect #1 and cannot spend life behind bars so he goes where he most likes to be, alone, and ends his life, not out of remorse or guilt but fear of spending life in prison.
Pure speculation. MOO. Not sure what I believe.
I just can't see him ending his life out of fear of prison. He had a family willing to support him. He had a lawyer ready to fight for him. They hadn't even found Gabby's body yet and perhaps never would. He hadn't even been charged with a crime yet.

Even if he freaked out, I would think he would run before committing suicide. It takes a lot to end your own life, and I don't think the possibility of prison was enough at that point in time. MOO

They had a hard stop-date, one which was fewer than 6 months from the start-date. They were on an extended lark-ish adventure, not some kind of principled rejection of societal norms and/or embrace of counter-culture. Basically, it was their best opportunity, and a good time in life to trek around without having to hold down a regular job. Call it a gap half-year (though gap between what and what is unclear).

I'm not understanding. What is a "hard stop date" and what was that date? How do we know this?

What does "one which is fewer than 6 months from the start-date mean"? I think I am getting it - they left in late July or first of August (do we know?) and then what does "hard stop" after 6 months mean? Were they to be in Oregon at the Organic farm - or back home?

Why do you think they were on an "extended lark?" I don't see this in the planning that Gabby did. Wasn't she trying to launch herself as a Van Life brand? I'm guessing this is just your opinion - which is fine. But I would like some facts to back it up.

They can't be in a gap year because they were 4-6 years out of high school and that truly stretches the term "gap year." Gabby had worked hard to launch this trip - hours and hours of work (no gap) in between HS and this trip. She had apparently considered community college, but decided on this other course.

Anyway, my main question is - where were Gabby and BL supposed to go next? Portland is what we have been told by Rose. Did her parents know this? If they were planning to join the Cacophony Organic Farm or any other farm, wouldn't that have placed them on the West Coast for another 6 months? Working on an organic farm...is not a regular job? It sort of is, actually.

How is this rejection of "societal norms"? I believe strongly that such a trajectory is quite normative here on the West Coast - are you saying they're rejecting their local or parental norms?

I assure you, though, that ending up in Portland and then trying to work on an organic farm (no matter who organized it) is definitely a job and I do not know what a "regular job" is in the farming context. Help me understand, please.

I keep wondering if BL's post-murder behavior, as described by SB, was perhaps not out of the ordinary for BL when he was unhappy. What his parents saw might have been disheartening, but not necessarily alarming. Idk...

I do not imagine BL telling his parents much. I imagine him saying evasive things such as: "not sure where GP is" or "I'm not doing the van thing anymore right now" or "GP doesn't really like the outdoors." He could have made statements that were neither completely true nor completely false and just changed the subject if they really tried to pin him down. IMO.

I'm not understanding. What is a "hard stop date" and what was that date? How do we know this?

What does "one which is fewer than 6 months from the start-date mean"? I think I am getting it - they left in late July or first of August (do we know?) and then what does "hard stop" after 6 months mean? Were they to be in Oregon at the Organic farm - or back home?

Why do you think they were on an "extended lark?" I don't see this in the planning that Gabby did. Wasn't she trying to launch herself as a Van Life brand? I'm guessing this is just your opinion - which is fine. But I would like some facts to back it up.

They can't be in a gap year because they were 4-6 years out of high school and that truly stretches the term "gap year." Gabby had worked hard to launch this trip - hours and hours of work (no gap) in between HS and this trip. She had apparently considered community college, but decided on this other course.

Anyway, my main question is - where were Gabby and BL supposed to go next? Portland is what we have been told by Rose. Did her parents know this? If they were planning to join the Cacophony Organic Farm or any other farm, wouldn't that have placed them on the West Coast for another 6 months? Working on an organic farm...is not a regular job? It sort of is, actually.

How is this rejection of "societal norms"? I believe strongly that such a trajectory is quite normative here on the West Coast - are you saying they're rejecting their local or parental norms?

I assure you, though, that ending up in Portland and then trying to work on an organic farm (no matter who organized it) is definitely a job and I do not know what a "regular job" is in the farming context. Help me understand, please.

The cacophony society is neither a farm nor a commune.

Cacophony Society - Wikipedia
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...k-25-aug-2021-65.595068/page-20#post-17193604
http://www.cacophony.org/

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Last edited:

Completely different entity - not in San Francisco at all. Based around BL's favorite author (name derived from what you posted - possibly, hard to say, would take actual research into the commune that is associated with that author and his use of that word...)

The thing BL was (perhaps) interested in is not in SF, but north of Portland, OR.

Completely different entity - not in San Francisco at all. Based around BL's favorite author (name derived from what you posted - possibly, hard to say, would take actual research into the commune that is associated with that author and his use of that word...)

The thing BL was (perhaps) interested in is not in SF, but north of Portland, OR.

respectfully,

Cacophony society existed before chuck p wrote about it.
Portland and and other chapters were inspired by the original San Fran chapter.
I have done the research, and was well informed about it even before doing so.
I have provided a starting point for research for you or anyone interested (for the third time).
If you read either of these in their entirety you will see that cacophony society extends far beyond San Fran.

http://www.cacophony.org/

Cacophony Society - Wikipedia

If you have evidence of a cacophony farm or a cacophony commune or a commune associated with chuck p I would appreciate a link or evidence of any kind

Last edited:
I just can't see him ending his life out of fear of prison. He had a family willing to support him. He had a lawyer ready to fight for him. They hadn't even found Gabby's body yet and perhaps never would. He hadn't even been charged with a crime yet.

Even if he freaked out, I would think he would run before committing suicide. It takes a lot to end your own life, and I don't think the possibility of prison was enough at that point in time. MOO

I understand your point, but I'm not so sure. Minds and emotions are so complex. I agree that it is very, very interesting that he didn't run. I honestly thought he was Belize or Boston or Berlin.

Anyway, just to make the opposing argument. ;) He was the only person who knew what evidence might have been left at the crime scene. Also, Gabby's remains weren't found on a remote mountain top, but only a 5-minute walk from a road. He was an outdoorsy kind of guy, he wasn't fond of people or crowds. (That was in one of his Instagram posts I believe, him complaining about too many people in the parks.) The thought of prison might have been his worse nightmare, support be damned. Who knows? Maybe he didn't want to face his family with the truth.

The question of remorse is troubling, too. Murder/suicides are not common, but they certainly happen sometimes. How many have a two-week interval between the murder and the suicide? Is that normal? I have no idea, but he waited until it was kind of obvious he would be captured. That's not remorse, that's fear. JMO at this moment, ofc.

The Tragedy of Murder-Suicides

I've also wondered when the media blowup first started and if that might have played a role in his decision. I honestly can't remember. Was that before the 13th? It all hit the web fairly quickly.

**Edited to add a link.

Last edited:
I understand your point, but I'm not so sure. Minds and emotions are so complex. I agree that it is very, very interesting that he didn't run. I honestly thought he was Belize or Boston or Berlin.

Anyway, just to make the opposing argument. ;) He was the only person who knew what evidence might have been left at the crime scene. Also, Gabby's remains weren't found on a remote mountain top, but only a 5-minute walk from a road. He was an outdoorsy kind of guy, he wasn't fond of people or crowds. (That was in one of his Instagram posts I believe, him complaining about too many people in the parks.) The thought of prison might have been his worse nightmare, support be damned. Who knows? Maybe he didn't want to face his family with the truth.

The question of remorse is troubling, too. Murder/suicides are not common, but they certainly happen sometimes. How many have a two-week interval between the murder and the suicide? Is that normal? I have no idea, but he waited until it was kind of obvious he would be captured. That's not remorse, that's fear. JMO at this moment, ofc.

I've also wondered when the media blowup first started and if that might have played a role in his decision. I honestly can't remember. Was that before the 13th? It all hit the web fairly quickly.

**Edited to add a link.
I agree. I don't think he expected the media attention. I'm not sure of the date that the story broke, but sb said something to the effect, would you go home with all the people outside of your house, whenever he spoke with the FBI about bl not returning home from his hike at cr.

I was just digging for (totally unrelated) clues in some old Brian Entin tweets, and discovered this-

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
Sep 17

Police just gave update on Gabby Petito investigation. “Certainly there has been progress made over the last 24 hours. I don’t know that we are at the point that we have it solved." Note: First comment refers to people saying they're going to protest at Brian Laundrie’s house.

There’s an interview attached to this tweet, with Josh Taylor. He says that CaL had indeed spoken to LE prior to this day. All that time the public was decrying CaL’s lack of cooperation with LE, it had already been reported that she had.

Note: First comment refers to people saying they're going to protest at Brian Laundrie’s house.

Thanks for the reply. That makes things a bit clearer for me.

IMO, he was probably dead by the 17th. Although, the story had to break before the protesters became involved, it honestly doesn't sound like the press was a factor.

Thanks for the reply. That makes things a bit clearer for me.

IMO, he was probably dead by the 17th. Although, the story had to break before the protesters became involved, it honestly doesn't sound like the press was a factor.
Sorry if I caused confusion. My post was independent of your thread. I just thought it was interesting info related to CaL’s cooperation with LE.

but since I’m in Brian Entin twitterland. His first post on the topic was 9/14. FWIW, I think that was also the date I first heard about the case, but not from Brian Entin. If that gives any perspective to when the case “broke”

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
Sep 14

Police say Gabby Petito’s boyfriend will not talk to them. We’ve been outside his parents house south of Tampa where the couple’s van was towed away by investigators. Gabby went missing on a van trip across the USA with boyfriend Brian Laundrie.

ETA- first WS post (incl MSM link) 9/12

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

Last edited:
WRT this case, we will never know what happened to make BL do what he did (if he did it).
All we really know is that we have lost a bright spirit who was creating something that may well have been a wonderful thing to see. She was artistic, and she had a spark that many people saw and loved.
A person of brightness, gone in a time when we need so many more like her

BBM

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

The world has much evilness and it loses more good each day. MOO

So NJJ (second hitchhiking ride) said she dropped off BL at the Spread Creek gate at 6:40pm on Aug. 29th (People article). The next known (although unconfirmed, asaik) sighting was ~ 11pm that same night at a gas station in Jackson. It takes ~ 1/2 hour to walk from the gate to the van, and ~ 1/2 hour to drive from Spread Creek to Jackson (these according to google maps). That leaves ~ 3 hours BL was at Spread Creek or elsewhere before the sighting at Jackson.

If we are assuming these times are accurate, and that GP was dead before he went hiking, then what on earth was BL doing in those 3 hours? Showering? Going out to eat? Driving around? Sitting at the campground? For THREE hours? He didn't use her credit cards until Aug. 30th. What was he doing? After 2 days time, I really don't think he needed 3 hours to come to terms with things. After 2 days and acting mostly normal, telling stories about hiking Snake River, GP in the van, and bison to his hitchhiking rides, he suddenly is angry and cussing at himself at the gas station in Jackson, 3 hours later? None of this makes sense to me.

BBM

This is a big part of why I do believe that Gabby was still alive as of 8-29 and was killed that night. I don't imagine BL going on any actual hike and leaving Gabby alone for any real length of time (more than a few hours or so) ; Gabby would have had the opportunity to go seek help from someone even if BL had taken her phone.

My theory is: BL and Gabby have a small fight, go their separate ways for a short time. Gabby sits at campfire because she has no keys to her own van, (BL took them IMO) BL comes back fight continues and gets much worse and he kills her. Then he freaks out (or whatever you want to call it) takes the van to Jackson for gas and leaves for FL.

This makes most sense to me given all that is known to be true about their last days in Grand Teton.

JB Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
16h

Gabby’s mom says “we must keep going!!”
Quote Tweet

Nichole Schmidt

@Nikischmidt927
· 16h
When you turn on Hulu, and your daughters story is the recommended show to watch. It’s still shocking, feels like I’m outside looking in, this cannot be our life.
1f62d.svg
1f494.svg
We must keep going!!
1f4aa-1f3fb.svg
1f98b.svg
1f33b.svg
@josephpetito @Jim_Schmidt416 @TaraPetito #justiceforgabby

**Edited to add a link.
What I haven't been able to pin down is at what time on the 13th did NS speak with the press from their lawyer's office, and did BL maybe see it before he left. I've always wondered if that was the trigger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members