Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The family lawyer (SB) arranged to get us (NPPD) some property that we were looking for.”

-Todd Garrison, NPPD, September 16

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438533539742556167

No one has thoughts?
On any aspect of this?

It sounds like the SB/the L’s were assisting in some tiny way with GP’s missing person investigation.
Or are we just talking about the van here?
I don’t think NPPD was looking for the van, or needed SB to arrange seizing/towing it.
What “some property” is Garrison referring to?
What was NPPD looking for?
On 9/16 this was solely a missing person case so…
Photos of GP, personal items for DNA matching, items of clothing for K9 scent tracking?
Something else?
GP’s debit card?
And didn’t NPPD tell us they didn’t know anything about GP’s things?
Did NPPD pick this property up on one or more of those redacted police calls?
And did this occur prior to the 16th?

quote is linked, the rest is moo.

Last edited:
“The family lawyer (SB) arranged to get us (NPPD) some property that we were looking for.”

No one has thoughts?
On any aspect of this?

It sounds like the SB/the L’s were assisting in some tiny way with GP’s missing person investigation.
I don’t think NPPD was looking for the van, or needed SB to arrange seizing/towing it.
Photos of GP, personal items for DNA matching, items of clothing for K9 scent tracking?
Something else?
GP’s debit card?

What is interesting about this is that NPPD was not aware that BL was even missing yet, so that does lend to the "property" being something of GP's or something that belongs to them both. Jmo

"If BL returned from his hike <snip> and found her dead body, why wouldn't he want police there..."

Good question. Under that scenario, I think the obvious answer would be that he *didn't* find her dead body.
Correct. So how'd he know she was dead if he's not the one who did it? He took all of her stuff with HIM. How did he know she didn't need it anymore? How did he know not to answer her parents calls/texts?

WRT this case, we will never know what happened to make BL do what he did (if he did it).
Sorry… just wanted to comment here. I don’t believe anything can happen “make” someone murder another person. Unless someone is holding a gun to their head, etc. Nobody did anything egregious enough to deserve to be killed. And I’m not picking on OP, just to clarify. I just find some of the language we use generally a little troubling and I like to remind myself that while we all try to figure out answers, nobody made it happen…. It’s a choice her killer made.
JMO.

Correct. So how'd he know she was dead if he's not the one who did it? He took all of her stuff with HIM. How did he know she didn't need it anymore? How did he know not to answer her parents calls/texts?
First I want to say that in my personal opinion, he did kill her. But I don't feel like I have enough proof to definitively make that call.

How did Brian know she was dead? I don't know that he did know that. He disappeared before her body was found. Do you have a link?

He took all of her stuff with HIM. How did he know she didn't need it anymore? I don't think he cared if she needed it or not. He may have thought she was with someone else, and left. Or perhaps they had a fight, and he left in anger. This is horrible behavior, but not proof of murder.

How did he know not to answer her parents calls/texts? He didn't answer the calls, because he was guilty of leaving her. He was not going to fess up to that.

As I said, I do think he killed her. But I can come up with plausible scenario's where he is innocent. An a$$ maybe, but not a murderer.

All MOO

All MOO

In my opinion Brian Laundrie's flight from Wyoming and his avoidance of LE when he got to Florida shows a consciousnesses of guilt in the death of Gabby Petito.

https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-...nts-join-wfla-now-for-live-interview-tuesday/

For the first time since learning of their daughter’s death, Petitio’s family members will join WFLA Now on Tuesday for their first live interview with a local news station.

Petito’s mother Nichole Schmidt and father Joe Petito will join J.B. Biunno at noon on Tuesday for a live WFLA Now interview. The interview will stream on WFLA.com and WFLA’s social media platforms.

Request for speculations…

The FBI knew that GP was deceased before they found her remains.

support or refute

This is not presented as fact. This is a speculation. I would like to hear the speculation of others in regard to this statement.

Thanks.

Last edited:

support or refute

This is not presented as fact. This is a speculation. I would like to hear the speculation of others in regard to this statement.

Thanks.
IMOO FBI analyzed info collected from local LE in Utah & FL as far as a young woman regularly communicating w/family & on social media suddenly stops all communications for a period of almost 2 wks. Then the van & person she was traveling with are reported in FL since 11 days before she was reported missing & claim they don't know her whereabouts only concludes she most likely is deceased.

Attachments

• 68ef06c3-Petito-Missing-Persons-report-redacted.pdf
    173.2 KB · Views: 17

support or refute

Thanks.
BBM.
I think they either knew Gabby was dead or had enough "evidence" pointing to that being the outcome.
The indictment and SB even stated (paraphrasing) "the credit card charges happened on or about 8-30 8-31 after Gabby was dead."

IIRC at least one of those was made before Gabby was found. Cannot find the links i want to find right now. Will edit to add if I find them before the edit option goes away.

No one has thoughts?
On any aspect of this?

Something else?
GP’s debit card?

I believe the items/property that LE was looking to gain access to was BL's so they could have scent or DNA for tracking dogs etc.

Other (what I will call "nonessential" items) could also be some of Gabby's things. If they found BL's wallet they could have ended up with Gabby's credit card or other cards of hers.

As far as I can find and remember the NPPD did state that they did not seem to find anything of Gabby's when the house was searched.

No idea if this happened before any of those police calls or any of the "property" was found before 9-16.

MOO
Speculation

BBM.
I think they either knew Gabby was dead or had enough "evidence" pointing to that being the outcome.
The indictment and SB even stated (paraphrasing) "the credit card charges happened on or about 8-30 8-31 after Gabby was dead."

IIRC at least one of those was made before Gabby was found. Cannot find the links i want to find right now. Will edit to add if I find them before the edit option goes away.
thank you for your response

GP’s remains were discovered 9/19

E_rpKW2X0AAJkSl

BL’s indictment was 9/22

FBI Denver
@FBIDenver

·
Sep 23
Today's official #FBIDenver statement and the arrest warrant for Mr. Brian Laundrie are attached.

SB’s comments about the indictment came after the indictment, imo

Last edited:
thank you for your response

GP’s remains were discovered 9/19

E_rpKW2X0AAJkSl

BL’s indictment was 9/22

FBI Denver
@FBIDenver

·
Sep 23

Today's official #FBIDenver statement and the arrest warrant for Mr. Brian Laundrie are attached.

SB’s comments about the indictment came after the indictment, imo
Thanks for this.
IIRC I recall reading or seeing somewhere a statement made about Gabby's card being used on those date(s) "after" her death"

I could be wrong but haven't yet found anything to prove what I think I remember

I believe the items/property that LE was looking to gain access to was BL's so they could have scent or DNA for tracking dogs etc.

Other (what I will call "nonessential" items) could also be some of Gabby's things. If they found BL's wallet they could have ended up with Gabby's credit card or other cards of hers.

As far as I can find and remember the NPPD did state that they did not seem to find anything of Gabby's when the house was searched.

No idea if this happened before any of those police calls or any of the "property" was found before 9-16.

MOO
Speculation

Thanks for your response

the quote was made 9/16, BL was not known to be missing until 9/17 when his missing person report was made, per WS timeline

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton NP, 8/25/21 TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

So there was no reason to get his dna or scent at that time (on or before 9/16), that I can think of. Moo.

Last edited:
Thanks for this.
IIRC I recall reading or seeing somewhere a statement made about Gabby's card being used on those date(s) "after" her death"

I could be wrong but haven't yet found anything to prove what I think I remember
Yes, the unauthorized use of access devices was presented as occurring after her death

FBI Denver
@FBIDenver

·
Sep 23

My solicitation is for speculations/opinions supporting or refuting whether the FBI may have known with certainty that GP was deceased before the FBI found her remains.

the indictment occurred after the FBI found her remains (links above) therefore can neither support nor refute this idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member