Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dont they just come out and say x Caliber gun was missing from family home, x Caliber gun found at scene of skull fragments and leg, and damage to skull is consistent with a single x Caliber round to the head? The vague information seems odd. There are theories that BL was murdered, and while that was deserved, its also a crime. If there is no gun, I don’t see how they could so easily rule out murder. Even if there were a gun, it doesn’t rule out murder, but it decreases the chances if they can prove it was the gun that he owned and killed him.
As long as there are significant gaps, it seems worth exploring. I do not see how they reached the. Conclusion of suicide, other than that being an expected outcome. We also do not know how they reached the conclusion of it being a gunshot.
I agree. I'm not sure why they are being so vague about BL's death. JMO.

Hi, I believe the stats are low on notes being left by those who commit suicide.

I’m curious why you think his arms being recovered are important in the ME ruling this a self inflicted gun shot to the head? IMO
How can they be so sure he killed himself if there is no gun residue on his hands? Ie, maybe not even hands remaining? The father, IIRC admits going in to follow him into the swamp, go look for him that first night, and there was the mustang. I will always wonder why the parents seemed to be so unworried about his absence. Didn't the lawyer admit that they even tried to stop a MPR nearly a week after BL left, so disturbed? Why should we be so ready to believe he committed suicide, just from a head wound?

I hope there is proof, and, an explanation as to why they took so long to alert that he was missing. And to the near miraculous "discovery" of his things, after one short stroll.

Imo

Last edited:
CNN has reached out to authorities for further comment, and has followed up with Bertolino regarding how Laundrie came to be in possession of a gun.

Bertolini said in October that Laundrie's parents had discussed the possibility that their son had died by suicide "several times."

Lawyer: Brian Laundrie fatally shot himself in the head - Local News 8

So. The question. Why run home to commit suicide?

He kills her on 31st. Then runs home, pretends nothing happened. Then the missing person is filed, then he commits suicide. Meanwhile, pretending to be completely innocent. Why?

I don't get it. If he wanted to go home to live the rest of his life, why not dump her in the 3,000 mile trip home? Why not a random dumpster in x big city. Why not the middle of nowhere? Nope left her 800 feet from their last confirmed camping spot. He saw dozens and dozens of people and they saw him. He knew that they would find her.

Just does not make any sense. If he had regret in killing her, then he would turn himself in or kill self at the original scene.

He acted like he almost did not know she was dead, until after she turned up missing.
I thought about this too.
I think BL was disturbed.
But he also had emotions.
After killing her he panicked and fled.
The guilt did not set in right away.
Sometimes it takes time.
I a guessing he was reeling with guilt and anger…
And thinking about his parents.
He wanted to see them.
Now I can’t understand how when he came back with her van, that they didn’t question him. Especially, when he had just been there 2 weeks prior via airplane. They had to know something was going on. But, I was thinking he was suicidal, yet wanted to spend time with them. No matter what (prison, or suicide, or running away) he would never see them again… and moreover, they would never see their son again. Hard to be in his head, as he was conflicted, frustrated and disturbed.
He also didn’t take a flight home. He took a few days to drive the van back. I suspect it was a combination of dealing with what he did and thinking about what he would do. I think he contacted his parents before arriving?
might have that wrong.
But after a couple days he is able to face them and off himself… or someone offed him

Warning: Graphic discussion

Just a guess, and correct me if I am wrong, but it is my impression that forensic anthropologists can identify gunshot damage to bone vs sharp force trauma vs animal predation. If they have several pieces of the skull (partial remains but not a complete one), they might be able to examine evidence of an entry or exit wound via reconstruction. Or there might be impact marks on the inside of the skull from the bullet entering the mouth (if the bullet was low enough caliber - they found a bullet inside Gannon Stauch's skull, for example). From what I understand, examining the stress fractures and other markings on bones can also help determine point blank range vs distance.

IMO, BL was terrified and went into "flight" mode.
Another possibility is that he was actually narcissistic enough to believe that he would get away with it.

MOO.

A flight mode that last physically at most of 20 minutes, for hours, days, and weeks. Meanwhile acting perfectly normal while flying off the handle.

As far as I can tell, BL has never shown any narcissistic behavior. Let alone massive huge overwhelming behavior.

Can you point directly at anything that shows he is a narcissist?

He kills her on 31st. Then runs home, pretends nothing happened. Then the missing person is filed, then he commits suicide. Meanwhile, pretending to be completely innocent. Why?

I don't get it. If he wanted to go home to live the rest of his life, why not dump her in the 3,000 mile trip home? Why not a random dumpster in x big city. Why not the middle of nowhere? Nope left her 800 feet from their last confirmed camping spot. He saw dozens and dozens of people and they saw him. He knew that they would find her.

Just does not make any sense. If he had regret in killing her, then he would turn himself in or kill self at the original scene.

He acted like he almost did not know she was dead, until after she turned up missing.
His actions actually make sense to me when viewed through a lens of immaturity, panic and anxiety. Something bad happened, he didn’t know what to do, and he “ran.” Then he may have wanted to say goodbye to his family or may have felt like it happened a world away until her parents filed their missing person report. JMO.

quick question for those still following this thread. I was here up until the remains were identified as Brian. At that point I resigned myself to the fact there were many answer I won't ever get. What would give you all, my fellow members, closure in this case? Usually we get prosecution, a trial, a verdict, etc. Those things all usually help people move forward/on. But in this case, we have a victim, a suspect, both dead. In a long drawn out apparent murder/suicide situation.

I see some saying where's the gun? I questioned that too. More than likely buried in mud and muck or stuck beneath some debris or storm damage. If the gun were found would that give people closure? Somehow I doubt it. Those who theorize that the L family helped hide him, were in contact with him while missing, etc. will never move from that theory. So what brings closure for those folks? There will be no prosecution of the L family for their lack of cooperation while Gabby was missing. So what else?

I am not being snarky, just genuinely curious about my fellow members and what will offer them closure.

I would say-nothing. Nothing would bring what you call closure. I think we are all in agreement that BL is responsible for Gabby’s murder, but there is no way to know why he did it, so there is no closure there. He killed himself before admitting to it, so no closure there-and never expressed remorse, so again….his parents aren’t likely to have anything to say about the woman who was to become their daughter-in-law, either, so we will never know how they felt about her status first as a missing person, and then as their son’s fiance, who was found murdered. Maybe my closure would be to know if Mr and Mrs Laundrie blame Gabby for their son’s predicament and subsequent suicide.

I think he may of thought he was going to somehow get away with it

I thought about this too.
I think BL was disturbed.
But he also had emotions.
After killing her he panicked and fled.
The guilt did not set in right away.
Sometimes it takes time.
I a guessing he was reeling with guilt and anger…
And thinking about his parents.
He wanted to see them.
Now I can’t understand how when he came back with her van, that they didn’t question him. Especially, when he had just been there 2 weeks prior via airplane. They had to know something was going on. But, I was thinking he was suicidal, yet wanted to spend time with them. No matter what (prison, or suicide, or running away) he would never see them again… and moreover, they would never see their son again. Hard to be in his head, as he was conflicted, frustrated and disturbed.
He also didn’t take a flight home. He took a few days to drive the van back. I suspect it was a combination of dealing with what he did and thinking about what he would do. I think he contacted his parents before arriving?
might have that wrong.
But after a couple days he is able to face them and off himself… or someone offed him

Disturbing that guilt did not stop him from emptying her bank account.
IOW he spent his dead g/f’s money after he strangled her.
He could of left her body in HER van and flown home.
At least the angel would of been out of the elements.

MOO

I would say-nothing. Nothing would bring what you call closure. I think we are all in agreement that BL is responsible for Gabby’s murder, but there is no way to know why he did it, so there is no closure there. He killed himself before admitting to it, so no closure there-and never expressed remorse, so again….his parents aren’t likely to have anything to say about the woman who was to become their daughter-in-law, either, so we will never know how they felt about her status first as a missing person, and then as their son’s fiance, who was found murdered. Maybe my closure would be to know if Mr and Mrs Laundrie blame Gabby for their son’s predicament and subsequent suicide.

Any word on the notebook ?

A flight mode that last physically at most of 20 minutes, for hours, days, and weeks. Meanwhile acting perfectly normal while flying off the handle.

As far as I can tell, BL has never shown any narcissistic behavior. Let alone massive huge overwhelming behavior.

In my profile I have a link to the wheel of Coercive Control. "Coercive Control is a campaign orchestrated by a narcissist... to gain complete control over their victim". Brian had used some of these tactics in his relationship with Gabby. You can view my post history to see examples.

quick question for those still following this thread. I was here up until the remains were identified as Brian. At that point I resigned myself to the fact there were many answer I won't ever get. What would give you all, my fellow members, closure in this case? Usually we get prosecution, a trial, a verdict, etc. Those things all usually help people move forward/on. But in this case, we have a victim, a suspect, both dead. In a long drawn out apparent murder/suicide situation.

I see some saying where's the gun? I questioned that too. More than likely buried in mud and muck or stuck beneath some debris or storm damage. If the gun were found would that give people closure? Somehow I doubt it. Those who theorize that the L family helped hide him, were in contact with him while missing, etc. will never move from that theory. So what brings closure for those folks? There will be no prosecution of the L family for their lack of cooperation while Gabby was missing. So what else?

I am not being snarky, just genuinely curious about my fellow members and what will offer them closure.

One thing for me: BL is gone by his own hand -- he was spoiled, immature, lazy, and mean-spirited -- all, of course, my opinion. I think he enjoyed pushing sweet Gabby around, knowing she was miles ahead of him in brains, spirit, artistry, drive, all those positives. He was jealous of her, IMO.

After he did what he did (IMO, he killed her), he knew he was in Big Trouble, so he chose the path that someone of his ilk would choose -- the coward's way out. I must say, however, that suicide can't be easy, but it's what he chose -- the lesser of two horrors for him. That act just puts the period at the end of the sentence for me. He is gone; he is done.
He won't be tried by a jury, that's so, and we will indeed miss the trial and miss whoever will defend him. He judged his options and gave himself the death penalty -- his decision. The End.
I'm moving on, with much regret and sorrow for what Gabby's family and friends will have to endure for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
One thing for me: BL is gone by his own hand -- he was spoiled, immature, lazy, and mean-spirited -- all, of course, my opinion. I think he enjoyed pushing sweet Gabby around, knowing she was miles ahead of him in brains, spirit, artistry, drive, all those positives. He was jealous of her, IMO. After he did what he did, IMO, he knew he was in Big Trouble, so he chose the path that someone of his ilk would choose -- the coward's way out. I must say, however, that suicide can't be easy, but it's what he chose -- the lesser of two horrors for him. That act just puts the period at the end of the sentence for me. He is gone; he is done.
He won't be tried by a jury, that's so, and we will indeed miss the trial and miss whoever will defend him. He judged his options and gave himself the death penalty -- his decision. The End.
The final blow to the Petito family....he chooses to deprive them of closure. They, and everyone else, already knew he did it. What closure is the Atty referring to?

Imo.

Although I will still look carefully at the "proof" of suicide as I mentioned above.

Gabby’s behavior during the Moab stop was so walking on emotional eggshells that IMO he probably was.....

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member